Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What games are you currently playing and why? [February]

KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Same thread, different month!

I am currently playing little of everything. Mainly Everquest 2 and BF3, but nothing special.....

Because right now I am not in a mood of anything and I also feel a bit lost with what I want to play and when I want to play! 

Comments

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    SWTOR with random spurts of Tera.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    See my sig, PoE beta, Rift is the only thempark worth playing imo at the moment, and EQ1 is pretty much a staple for me since 99. Also been dabbling in F2P Vanguard but I'm still on the fence on playing more often.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Gw2 because at 400 hours I still have about half the games content to see..also awaiting neverwinter beta

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

* GW2- Main game. First game that my gf is actually into as well...working on finishing 1/8th of the legendary every month. 91% map completion on my main character.

* Vindictus- just started getting back into it...I've actually gotten alot better on my Fiona and Karok. Also love the new character, Vella.

* Skyrim- on occasion. was gonna buy dragonborn, but I've decided to wait until i can get all the expansions at once OR on a deep discount on steam ($10)

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Gw2 because at 400 hours I still have about half the games content to see..also awaiting neverwinter beta

What? How... I had 100% Map completion and done every dungeon at least once after 200 give or take. You must afk a lot.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Battlefield 3 as most the MMOs currently on offer are clones, innovation is a lost art. When a 'new' MMO comes out I will return to the genre... until then I will read a book.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Ps2 its not as good as the first one, but its still the best mmo of the past 5 or so years
    Skyrim its got better pve than any mmo
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Lusternia MUD. Since Im tired of MMORPGs which are all mostly the same and Im trying to find indepth game where player interaction is the main focus. Lusternia has steep learning curve (even higher then EVE Online) and its bulky combat system gives me a cancer, but all in all its pretty amazing what they achieved with mere texts

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

70% DOTA 2

20% King's Bounty: Warriors of the North

10% Fallen Earth

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Guild Wars 2.  Because it's the best MMO I've played since WoW BC.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Nothing consistently.

That's been my story since SWG shut down. I now bounce between Lotro, AoC, GW2 and WoW. I long for another AAA tile with good crafting. I have tried them all in the sci-fi/fantasy genre and I care for none of them. I am putting all of my crafting eggs in the "The Repopulation" basket.

/crossesfingers

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    Nothing.  Well, no mmo's, some single players.  
  • AkanumAkanum Member UncommonPosts: 3

I'm bouncing between GW2 and DAoC.

Since the announcement by Mark Jacobs on Camelot Unchained, nostalgia hit me. So, I'm back to DAoC after a 5-year hiatus and I love it !

As for GW2, I still have a lot to do...

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Kanyl

Same thread, different month!

I am currently playing little of everything. Mainly Everquest 2 and BF3, but nothing special.....

Because right now I am not in a mood of anything and I also feel a bit lost with what I want to play and when I want to play! 

Holy crap... I'm in the same boat...

February just seems so uninteresting.

Seems like there just isn't much going on atm.

Aside from the various beta weekends (which seem to all fall on the same weekend (go figure) I dabble between:

Age of Wushu... At this point I log in to hit "Continue Cultivating" every now and then.

Darkfall (beta) I want to play this but something about the impending wipe just turns me off.

Path of Exile... I can only play this 15 mins or so at a time before I want to punch a baby in the face.

EQ2... While I am a station pass subscriber and have over 50k SC I feel like I lapsed so long and just feel lost in the game.

GW2... meh

Firefall (beta)... Very playable, however at this stage of beta there is very limited content so it is easy to burnout

Runescape... Was playing a lot for a while up until I started feeling the grind at the mid 50's/60's levels.

There is so much coming out  Repop, Malu, EQ2 Next Darkfall (when released) are what I am really looking forward to as I am craving a good sandbox.  However after playing some NWNO and Defiance they aren't to bad either and seem to be right around the corned and worth playing until something I can sink my teeth into comes out.

I may just take a break and replay some SP games like Knights of the Chalice, Terraria or Minecraft...

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Path Of Exile, mostly a "tweener" game.
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

TSW because i feel its the best MMORPG on the market right now, and random spirts of PS3 games i havent finished yet.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Tera is my main game atm with some Lineage 2 on the side. Crysis 3 comming soon.image
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Playing Tera casually and playing PoE casually. Been thinking about going into GW2 for a bit but have nothing to do on my main other than to grind SP.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    GW2 and PoE.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I have the Sony Station Pass, so I've been dabbling in EQ, EQ2, Vanguard and PS2.  I spend the majority of my time in EQ and Vanguard.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Stormakov

Originally posted by Aerowyn

What? How... I had 100% Map completion and done every dungeon at least once after 200 give or take. You must afk a lot.

im an altaholic so I have played numerous zones multiple times with different classes..highest map completion I have is 55%..Ialso help guild mates a lot snd do fair amount of pvp

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439

In order of hours played:

1. Guild Wars 2 - I'm still experimenting with different classes, exploring new areas, and my daughter and I play it together.
    2. Path of Exile - It's a lot of fun.
    3. Neverwinter - I'm really looking for a good D&D or d20 game.
    4. Sleeping Dogs (XBox) - Great fun with some nice martial arts action!
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    • EVE
    • DUST 514
    • Combat Arms
    • World of Tanks
    • Wizardry Online

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232

LotRO - Been back for a year and still enjoying myself

STO - Hadn't played since release and wanted to see what was new since then.  A lot of additions and I'm still trying to learn it all, but otherwise having fun.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896
    SWTOR, Tera, and dabbling in all my Steam games. Too many games, too little time alive.