Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is Tera Alive?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
how much ppls playing now tera EN? anyone  know

Comments

• CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174

I logged in a few hours ago and there were noobs everywhere in the starting zone. I think since it went free 2 play and it has compacted the servers, well, the population is insane to put it honestly. If you are not a founder, meaning you got the pre-order and all that, you will likely be waiting in a long QUE during primetime. Out of the five servers, 4 were high/full, and 1 was normal or something like that.

It is alive and kicking

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    oh thats nice what you think is more populations at europa or EN ?
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212

At the moment the EU is doing so good that they are opening a new server in response to all the new people.

So ya it's alive and kicking :)

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

TERA-Europe is beyond alive, it's more popular now than it was at launch unbelievably, it is now back up to 10 servers, the same amount it had at launch, except this time they all have queues.

NA TERA F2P isn't nearly as popular, lack of marketing I guess, but 3 of the 5 servers still experience regular queues.

So yeah, i'd say it's alive.

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105
    Im predicting that the NA might open up another server since Lake of Tears is close to getting a queue.
    Originally posted by Postcards
    Im predicting that the NA might open up another server since Lake of Tears is close to getting a queue.

I hope not.

EME has done very little advertising... I think the queues will die down soon enough, it's up to people to be a little more patient until then.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Yes... a bit over crowded though it likely will settle down. F2P wise its been what a lot have been waiting for as I don't think many can really claim they did NOT enjoy the combat, being most likely what they were hoping GW2 would of provided though failed to deliver on. The F2P model is quite amazing in the game and I can see it being quite popular due to its combat system, despite its relatively weak quest system. 

Hopefully they continue to improve upon the game. If the leveling experience is improved I feel Tera could easily be a huge success in the MMO market with a very 'lax' F2P model.

How is TERA EU getting so popular...

http://tera-europe.com/en/home/news/article/new-servers-maintenance-tuesday-12022013.html

Third set of new servers being released, they now have 12 servers, two more than they had at original launch. Lol.

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Yes Tera EUROPE is busier now than when first launched lol

Really busy servers, love it!
    Originally posted by emota
    Yes Tera EUROPE is busier now than when first launched lol Really busy servers, love it!

That says a lot about where the MMO business model is going...

The fact that on launch, which was advertised a lot more than this F2P it was less popular than now when it goes F2P pretty much indicates the sub-model is dying. It will become niche, rather than the standard like it used to be.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by emota
    Yes Tera EUROPE is busier now than when first launched lol Really busy servers, love it!

That says a lot about where the MMO business model is going...

The fact that on launch, which was advertised a lot more than this F2P it was less popular than now when it goes F2P pretty much indicates the sub-model is dying. It will become niche, rather than the standard like it used to be.

Except that he game actually uses a sub, something that is incredibly popular to the majority judging by the amount of elite mounts I see.

But, yes, a free client and a robust trial is definitely the direction the genre should be moving in.

There are of course also other factors, like timing (it hasn't got any other major releases close to it this time), to consider. The picture here is not as simplisitic as you try to paint it, but then I think you really know that.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

More EU servers are being added today. Copy from the Gameforge maintenance notes:

New servers 

As an additional step to keep up with the still increasing amount of active players, we’ll add two additional servers after this maintenance.

• Zenobia – EN – PvE
    • Akasha – FR - PvE
    Realm pool 1 - PvP:
    • Killian - International - PvP
    • Ishara - International – PvP
    • Zuras– International - PvP
    • Balder - International - PvP
    Realm pool 2 - PvE:
    • Fraya - EN - PvE
    • Veritas - EN – PvE
    • Arcadia – EN – PvE
    • Zenobia – EN - PVE
    Realm pool 3 – PvE:
    • Hasmina - DE – PvE
    • Kaidun – DE - PvE
    • Elinu - FR – PvE
    • Akasha – FR - PvE
    We highly recommend new players to join the following servers: Balder (International – PvP), Zenobia (English – PvE) or Akasha (French – PvE)
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by davc123

since it went F2P with an awesome model there are log in Queues in the old servers, but they added 2 new servers. Lots of people playing again

EDIT: i dont know what do you mean by Tera EN... i thought you meant Tera North America. The european version i heard it sux balls with their publisher. COme to NA version, its much better.

• VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Originally posted by rojo6934

since it went F2P with an awesome model there are log in Queues in the old servers, but they added 2 new servers. Lots of people playing again

EDIT: i dont know what do you mean by Tera EN... i thought you meant Tera North America. The european version i heard it sux balls with their publisher. COme to NA version, its much better.

I have some friends playing NA It's still empty over there, while EU now has more servers then they even launched with and on the new server it's really awesome to start a new char cause everyone is doing the low level group quests again so i suggest join EU :)

Originally posted by mewhywhy

I have some friends playing NA It's still empty over there, while EU now has more servers then they even launched with and on the new server it's really awesome to start a new char cause everyone is doing the low level group quests again so i suggest join EU :)

Its definitely not empty in NA, NA certainly marketed less and is smaller but we get queues on 3 of the 6 servers at prime time everyday.

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    the ques will dissapear, whether from new servers or from most people reaching around level 40 seeing a borefest game, pve content game fails hard, pvp well, i would rather play a pvp only game than one with terrible pve content mixed in

hallo ~_~

• Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by mewhywhy

Its definitely not empty in NA, NA certainly marketed less and is smaller but we get queues on 3 of the 6 servers at prime time everyday.

If your in europe you never get to experience US prime time unless you stay up all night. So if its a healthy population your looking for your best off in Europe if your a European and best off in NA if your from NA. 

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I rolled a new toon on NA server Tempest Reach and have played the last few days.  I see plenty of people in the areas I have been to (levels 1 thru 20).  There are a few quests where there are lines waiting for the obj to spawn and it takes over 10 minutes to take your turn at it.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158

I just started on Valley of Titans, one of the new servers and am finding myself surrounded by excited, bouncing, oft offensive yet well meaning newblets.  So far I'm having a lot of fun, soaking up the beautiful sights and wondering why I didn't start earlier.  Take advantage of the newly F2P TERA, I doubt you'll regret it, honest. 

If you're in a funk while waiting for several of the hopefully blockbuster MMOs later this year, this will no doubt keep you busy if not provide you with what you were looking for from the get go. 

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Swiftrevoir

I just started on Valley of Titans, one of the new servers and am finding myself surrounded by excited, bouncing, oft offensive yet well meaning newblets.  So far I'm having a lot of fun, soaking up the beautiful sights and wondering why I didn't start earlier.  Take advantage of the newly F2P TERA, I doubt you'll regret it, honest. 

If you're in a funk while waiting for several of the hopefully blockbuster MMOs later this year, this will no doubt keep you busy if not provide you with what you were looking for from the get go. 

That's awfully posh. Do you mean wankers..?

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Actually I've met my fair share of friendly players who are eager to help.  After three days of playing now my friends list is bursting at the seams.  However whenever there is such an influx of players you will get your crazies too.  Everyone seems to flock to each other though and make the experience what they want in the end.  For God's sake while you're on the noobie isle if you're a girl please don't mention it unless you want to get an STD from text.  Other than that you won't have any lack of good people to poot around with. 
  • SilverOxySilverOxy Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Swiftrevoir
    Actually I've met my fair share of friendly players who are eager to help.  After three days of playing now my friends list is bursting at the seams.  However whenever there is such an influx of players you will get your crazies too.  Everyone seems to flock to each other though and make the experience what they want in the end.  For God's sake while you're on the noobie isle if you're a girl please don't mention it unless you want to get an STD from text.  Other than that you won't have any lack of good people to poot around with. 

Haha!

No but seriously, listen to the man!

Currently playing: TERA, GW2

On facebook | Xfire

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    The answer is there are to many people.. It's so packed that it takes work to find a mob to kill..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    celestial hills had 3 channels for poporia last evening and it's not even the best place to level at that level :]

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins