Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Understand: We are only disappointed with the developers

124

Comments

  • pittpetepittpete poughkeepsie, NYPosts: 233Member

    Hey Blood, glad ya found us over here.

    Sorry it turned out that way

    Really is a shame knowing what a dedicated and solid player you were.

    You think things would be different with the state the game is in but I guess not.

    image

  • ZbusZbus shelby, NCPosts: 116Member
    Originally posted by Silky303
    Zbus - fair enough, you liked the game as it was in 2006. It's changed, you don't like the spawn mechanics and restriction on where/when attacks can occur. I get that.

    But to hold a grudge for 7 years and still  get angry? I stopped getting angry at SWG CU changes after maybe 3 months, now I just lament what was lost. But I don't get angry. 

    Why is it that every person who has a diffrent view point from you or CRS must always have some type of grudge. You see thats the problem in a nut shell with CRS and its mods if you dont agree with them you are ethier deleted , banned or if nothing else works called a person with some type of grudge or flat out crazy.

    You know how easy it would be for players to just say well silky wanted and supported the newer system of play and now is just ticked cause all the nay sayers where correct and it been a huge disaster. Thats why he posts here because well he just cant stand being told what he supported  for all this time was a complete failure. Would that comment make you feel like a valued customer? Would it make you feel like your concerns are being listened to? Or would you feel like you had just been labled as just anouther person with a grudge?

  • anfiach`anfiach` Steilacoom, WAPosts: 109Member
    You might have a point IF 1. You were correct in stating that  Silky was wrong and 2. He was going around the internet any place he could to post unprovoked about it for 7 years.
  • ZbusZbus shelby, NCPosts: 116Member
    Originally posted by anfiach`
    You might have a point IF 1. You were correct in stating that  Silky was wrong and 2. He was going around the internet any place he could to post unprovoked about it for 7 years.

    In what aspect was he correct? And what does 7 years have to do with anything? /boggle

  • anfiach`anfiach` Steilacoom, WAPosts: 109Member
    Originally posted by Zbus
    Originally posted by anfiach`
    You might have a point IF 1. You were correct in stating that  Silky was wrong and 2. He was going around the internet any place he could to post unprovoked about it for 7 years.

    In what aspect was he correct? And what does 7 years have to do with anything? /boggle

    In what aspect was he wrong? He didn't support every crappy change CRS has made. 7 years is how long certain individuals have been angry about the game, constantly posting about it in any venue that will allow them. It's become an unhealthy obsession. Silky doesn't match those individuals in any way.

  • ZbusZbus shelby, NCPosts: 116Member
    Originally posted by anfiach`
    Originally posted by Zbus
    Originally posted by anfiach`
    You might have a point IF 1. You were correct in stating that  Silky was wrong and 2. He was going around the internet any place he could to post unprovoked about it for 7 years.

    In what aspect was he correct? And what does 7 years have to do with anything? /boggle

    In what aspect was he wrong? He didn't support every crappy change CRS has made. 7 years is how long certain individuals have been angry about the game, constantly posting about it in any venue that will allow them. It's become an unhealthy obsession. Silky doesn't match those individuals in any way.

    Considering the fact that beyond squad based fourms and PS fourms prior to this venue which has been open less than 7 years I find that claim to be suspect. Also considering I have seen his reponse in PS and now here I can feel pretty safe in saying Mr. Silky holds a grudge towards anyone who dares utters a bad word towards the company I feel I am correct in calling a spade a spade in this case. Unhealthy is when a mod has to come to a 3rd party site and try to call out a player like OJ not the other way around. Hell he even said I had a grudge and I know I have not been posting 7 years on the subject and even if I did he has no clue as to my motivations other than I am a upset former customer. If most of us approached our job working with clients the way silky does we would have been fired years ago.

  • Silky303Silky303 PortsmouthPosts: 134Member
    You clearly do have a grudge zbus, it's clear from your post that sits atop the forums right now saying the game is boring, has 1990s graphics and is full of bugs. You hate the game and you quite clearly don't like me for criticising OJ, for excess modding and for leading cat herd attacks they you didn't rate

    That's fine, you're entitled to an opinion.

    So am I

    You have a grudge against the game because it isn't what you want it to be. This grudge extends across to anyone you perceive as being in with CRS

    I think that level of feeling isn't normal. The game changed 7 years ago. Let it go

    SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

  • ZbusZbus shelby, NCPosts: 116Member
    Originally posted by Silky303
    You clearly do have a grudge zbus, it's clear from your post that sits atop the forums right now saying the game is boring, has 1990s graphics and is full of bugs. You hate the game and you quite clearly don't like me for criticising OJ, for excess modding and for leading cat herd attacks they you didn't rate

    That's fine, you're entitled to an opinion.

    So am I

    You have a grudge against the game because it isn't what you want it to be. This grudge extends across to anyone you perceive as being in with CRS

    I think that level of feeling isn't normal. The game changed 7 years ago. Let it go

    /yawn . Why not spice it up some silky instead of saying every player who disagrees with you has a grudge maybe you could say they kill small animals when they get upset. Or how about question if they had a good childhood. Geez give it a break boss your shameful attempts to paint every person who disagrees on the game with the same brush is getting old. Like you say let it go man !!!

  • Silky303Silky303 PortsmouthPosts: 134Member
    Hardly

    There are other ex players here who don't like the game but don't seem to take it personally like you and some others do. I wouldn't use the term grudge against them, because they don't seem to have developed a sense of personal injury in the way you do

    SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

  • ZbusZbus shelby, NCPosts: 116Member
    Keep pushing that line silky one day you might get a clue and listen to people instead of banning/bashing or labeling them, which by the way people tend to take personally. I know shocking but i figure someone needed to let you in on that little clue cause after all these years with CRS you still have not learned it DOC taught you well it seems. Like I said before let it rest  silky move on not everyone has to agree with you.
  • Silky303Silky303 PortsmouthPosts: 134Member
    So let me get this straight. You're fine to criticise me, my decisions and my (lack of) leadership in game but I can't respond back without you getting upset and crying foul?

    How does that work?

    SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

  • axishatraxishatr Grand Island, NEPosts: 167Member

    It's sort of like being on the PS forums and you being one of us........instead of a mod.

     

     

  • Silky303Silky303 PortsmouthPosts: 134Member
    But it's not, is it. Snappy reply, I'll give you that, but wholly inaccurate.

    SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

  • axishatraxishatr Grand Island, NEPosts: 167Member

    No it is very similiar.  You have a point to make and you feel it is the right side of the argument.  There are people that shoot you down and if you get upset a mmorpg mod will delete your post.

     

    Again, another thing for you to think about when you muzzle people "over there".  Nothing good comes from running that tight of a program.

     

    It isn't just you either.  All people, including those that okay'd the authoring and passing of such strict mod rules need to step back and see that doing what was/is done on ps forums only makes things worse.  You could have had all these discussions there within your own walls.  Not moderated as tightly, yet for the eyes of your subscribers only.  Now you have an open free flowing discussion, which even some high supporters of crs have said is a delightful change from the gestapo run ps forums.

     

    Just food for thought.  Nothing really snappy about it.  Just free thought.

     

     

  • axishatraxishatr Grand Island, NEPosts: 167Member

    To simplify, it's sort of annoying isn't it?  Imagine 10 years of this sort of thing with every idea or concern you bring in to the discussion.  We will "label" you as a disgruntled player and simply have someone delete everything you post as you continue to post the same things over and over again.

     

    Then we will see how YOU feel.  It affect people.  There are PEOPLE behind these screens......

     

    I requested you to not forget that.

  • Silky303Silky303 PortsmouthPosts: 134Member
    Its not annoying though. I'm questioning whether zbus is displaying hypocrisy but wanting to criticise but not accepting others' right to criticise.

    The official boards don't openly criticise those posting unacceptable messages. Your point would stand if WWIIOL mods were posting threads critical of the abrasive crowd whilst moderating critical posts - they don't.

    Your wider point questioning whether the boards are overly tightly modded is a valid one but you're wrong in making this particular point

    SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

  • HodoHodo Raeford, NCPosts: 542Member
    Originally posted by Silky303
    Its not annoying though. I'm questioning whether zbus is displaying hypocrisy but wanting to criticise but not accepting others' right to criticise.

    The official boards don't openly criticise those posting unacceptable messages. Your point would stand if WWIIOL mods were posting threads critical of the abrasive crowd whilst moderating critical posts - they don't.

    Your wider point questioning whether the boards are overly tightly modded is a valid one but you're wrong in making this particular point

    You know you're right, there are few instances that I can recall that the moderators on the playskool forums actually were abusive towards the members of that forum.   Aside from the occassional snyde remark, they have been far more professional than some of the developers on that forum.    I can remember DOCs wonderful tirade 6 or 7 years ago on the forums that was removed a day later by GOPHER.   And DOC was told to stay off the forums for a while by GOPHER and BLU.   

     

    The Moderators at WWIIOnline have been strict but fair and have done it far more professionally than other game forums I have been banned from.

    So much crap, so little quality.

  • ZbusZbus shelby, NCPosts: 116Member

    Its simple silky you come on here and dismiss others saying they have a grudge and to move on blah blah blah. You dont adress the issue's you create a strawman by diverting the disagreement to the person not the issue.

    example: OJ – moderating Barracks gives me no pleasure, it’s a chore to have to wade through the steady tide of complaining whinebacks like yourself continue spreading.

    or

    example: But to hold a grudge for 7 years and still get angry? I stopped getting angry at SWG CU changes after maybe 3 months, now I just lament what was lost. But I don't get angry.

    You see thats the reason people are posting here and not on PS. By the way I am not angry nor do I have a grudge I am a previous customer who wishes the rats and the mods would listen to there player base instead of labeling them. If I do have a issue its with you not the game for trying to come here and use those tactics here to stifle opinions.  I could answer your hypocrisy claim but Ill just point back to what one of my previous posts which said silky your actions say tons more than your words ever could be that here the PS fourms or your HC role.

  • anfiach`anfiach` Steilacoom, WAPosts: 109Member
    Zbus let go of your hate. Palpatine will eat your soul.
  • ZbusZbus shelby, NCPosts: 116Member
    I used to have hate but Doc ate it and now im just apathetic on the subject.:)
  • Silky303Silky303 PortsmouthPosts: 134Member
    Originally posted by Zbus
    Its simple silky you come on here and dismiss others saying they have a grudge and to move on blah blah blah. You dont adress the issue's you create a strawman by diverting the disagreement to the person not the issue. example: OJ – moderating Barracks gives me no pleasure, it’s a chore to have to wade through the steady tide of complaining whinebacks like yourself continue spreading. or example: But to hold a grudge for 7 years and still get angry? I stopped getting angry at SWG CU changes after maybe 3 months, now I just lament what was lost. But I don't get angry. You see thats the reason people are posting here and not on PS. By the way I am not angry nor do I have a grudge I am a previous customer who wishes the rats and the mods would listen to there player base instead of labeling them. If I do have a issue its with you not the game for trying to come here and use those tactics here to stifle opinions.  I could answer your hypocrisy claim but Ill just point back to what one of my previous posts which said silky your actions say tons more than your words ever could be that here the PS fourms or your HC role.

    How can I stifle opinion when I have no influence here? We're exchanging ideas. You make a point, I make one back. This is discussion.

    You might not like what I say, but I have the right to hold the opinion that OJ is a whineback. In getting angry at me saying that, you are flirting with hypocrisy, because you're all too happy to throw insults at me. That's my opinion, and the beauty of this neutral board. I've made some points about the issues in other threads here. 

    SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

  • Silky303Silky303 PortsmouthPosts: 134Member
    See even the mods here don't seem to dig the personal, vindictive nature of some posters here

    As far as I know they're nothing to do with CRS. What does that tell you?

    SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

  • ZbusZbus shelby, NCPosts: 116Member
    Originally posted by Silky303
    Originally posted by Zbus
    Its simple silky you come on here and dismiss others saying they have a grudge and to move on blah blah blah. You dont adress the issue's you create a strawman by diverting the disagreement to the person not the issue. example: OJ – moderating Barracks gives me no pleasure, it’s a chore to have to wade through the steady tide of complaining whinebacks like yourself continue spreading. or example: But to hold a grudge for 7 years and still get angry? I stopped getting angry at SWG CU changes after maybe 3 months, now I just lament what was lost. But I don't get angry. You see thats the reason people are posting here and not on PS. By the way I am not angry nor do I have a grudge I am a previous customer who wishes the rats and the mods would listen to there player base instead of labeling them. If I do have a issue its with you not the game for trying to come here and use those tactics here to stifle opinions.  I could answer your hypocrisy claim but Ill just point back to what one of my previous posts which said silky your actions say tons more than your words ever could be that here the PS fourms or your HC role.

    How can I stifle opinion when I have no influence here? We're exchanging ideas. You make a point, I make one back. This is discussion.

    You might not like what I say, but I have the right to hold the opinion that OJ is a whineback. In getting angry at me saying that, you are flirting with hypocrisy, because you're all too happy to throw insults at me. That's my opinion, and the beauty of this neutral board. I've made some points about the issues in other threads here. 

    Tell you what you stop labeling people and ill stop labeling you. And for the last time I have no grudge, no anger, nothing towards CRS. I just want them to listen like most of the other posters here do. Heck had they done that to begin with we wouldnt even be on this fourm talking about it now would we.

  • StugStug Coffee County, TNPosts: 387Member
    Well I hope you are getting the message that there are ways of getting your point across and a lot of you aren't doing that very well.

    I have got to be honest, their have been a lot of whiners on this board, but I guess that is raw people. The key is understanding how to communicate and get taken seriously.
  • HodoHodo Raeford, NCPosts: 542Member
    Originally posted by Stug
    Well I hope you are getting the message that there are ways of getting your point across and a lot of you aren't doing that very well.

    I have got to be honest, their have been a lot of whiners on this board, but I guess that is raw people. The key is understanding how to communicate and get taken seriously.

    To be quite frank on this subject, I dont give a flying frakk what people think of me on the forums or in real life.   Its easier that way.   I am going to say what I feel how I feel it, and in the most point driving way possible, if this means I come off as a complete ass, I dont care.   You will remember what I said, and it will stew in your mind.   Much like that professional a55hat Rush Limbaugh, sometimes harsh tones will get you more debate than sweat words and being tactful.    Look at most debates on the political stage, you can come off being nice and sweat, and try and take the high road, but then you will get trampled.    Or you can take the well worn path of the low road and kick that fuse of anger, frustration and rage.   

     

    I quit hating on WWIIOL, but I focus my dislike towards the one individual who is truelly the reason behind the flaws in the game.   The moderators here dont like people calling devs out on this site, but hey MMORPG has softened up its image and is now as hardcore about MMOs as some of these anime game adds that keep popping up all over their page. 

    So much crap, so little quality.

Sign In or Register to comment.