Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for GW2 under $20

ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264
looking to pick up this game for4 UNDER 20 bucks or a lil over. Not willing to pay more than $25 since i dont htink its worth that.

Comments

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I'm not sure what you're aiming at by posting this.  Are you seeing if anyone knows of a good deal?

As it stands, GW2 is probably one of the few games that is worth much more than it's initial box price; the amount of content within it alone is worth thrice the price of the box, and quite possibly ten times more if you're used to console games that only last a couple hours.

It's a matter of personal taste on whether you will actually experience it all, but there should be little doubt that the value is there  and worthy of some recognition in my personal opinion.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Be careful  when you buy....there are MANY scammers out there trying to find people just like you who are looking for a "bargan".
  • Oracle_FefeOracle_Fefe Member CommonPosts: 221

You're better off coughing atleast 40-50. Not many people would steep below 30 for a game that's 60 and no sub fee afterall unless they were conning you.

I personally say either get the full game for atleast 40 or higher or not at all. Afterall, for the same original price you get four months of a $15 sub, a year of $5 sub, and if you don't like it go ahead and shelve it like me until something big comes your way that eyes your fancy. Or wait a longer time and then you could perhaps find someone willing to shell out the game for a $20.

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by Scypheroth
    looking to pick up this game for4 UNDER 20 bucks or a lil over. Not willing to pay more than $25 since i dont htink its worth that.

here is where u can get it ................................................................................. but first of all are u trolling, u wna play a game that u think its not worth it >>>> didnt you said that you are supprised because off the game is old and its not updated any more (search your history)

but am a resnable person and i cant judge you, but no sorry i dont know where u get the price but bilive me its worth the 50$ as much as lot of people here say that its not worth it (that is thire opinion) (and ................that image is my opinion)

in the end its all about your opinion :)

• steelrain666steelrain666 Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Amazon has it listed at $40 for used (I don't think i would buy it used though). So it looks like you might have to wait till next year to play it for around $20 
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    If you find one tell me cause I wouldn't mind a few extra copies.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    not really sure how anyone could say any MMO is not worth its box price.. just for the amount of content you are given compared to single player games in a MMO is insane.. i have almost 400 hours into GW2 and probably only have experienced half of the games content.. i really can't think of a single MMO not worth at least $60 even most f2p ones... i bought god of war 3 and the new devli may cry for $60 and beat both in a single weekend...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

You're not going to find the game through official sources for $20 until after an expansion launches.  Sometime after that, you might be able to pick up the original game for $20, but that won't give you the expansion with it.

If you find a site claiming to sell new copies for $20, then it's probably a scam.  If you try to get a "used" account for $20, then it's buyer beware, and don't be too shocked or blame ArenaNet if you get scammed.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Best to just wait for the price to drop.  As many have said, it hasn't officially gone that price and there be lots of scammers out there.
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

I'm not sure what you're aiming at by posting this.  Are you seeing if anyone knows of a good deal?

As it stands, GW2 is probably one of the few games that is worth much more than it's initial box price; the amount of content within it alone is worth thrice the price of the box, and quite possibly ten times more if you're used to console games that only last a couple hours.

It's a matter of personal taste on whether you will actually experience it all, but there should be little doubt that the value is there  and worthy of some recognition in my personal opinion.

What a joke, GW2 is worth the 20$ he wants to pay but don't spout this nonsense. Regardless of content I found it to be the most pointless game ever, in which case, makes it worth roughly 0 to me. I am not alone.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I've gotten almost 3 times as many hours in GW2 as I got in Skyrim... and I'm bored of Skyrim.  It's all subjective though, hope you find your $20 GW2.
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Go buy the secret world then ,b2p 30$
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

According to my experience with GW1, I guess you need to wait like 1 or 2 years to get to price you like.

TSW is about 25$ so may be try it.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

According to my experience with GW1, I guess you need to wait like 1 or 2 years to get to price you like.

Perhaps my English comprehension is off, but if the OP was trying to find a copy of GW2 for $20 ...Why would they be interested in a copy of TSW for 25?

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

Perhaps my English comprehension is off, but if the OP was trying to find a copy of GW2 for $20 ...Why would they be interested in a copy of TSW for 25?

Because that's likely the best he'll get for that money... a cheap game for a cheap price.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Dont like the game?, dont pretend to be looking for purchase. Its well worth the price but if you dont want to pay that amount, thats ok, wait for a sale but dont troll about it. Hell people pay 50 bucks for expansion!, not even full games. sigh.... trolls gonna troll.

I honestly think that if GW2 is not worth 60 bucks then no mmos are worth 60 bucks either. But thats my opinion and nobody has to agree with it.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869

Chances are you won't see it that low even with a sale until after the first expansion comes out which will probably be 40-60$ so if you want to play GW2 you will ultimately have to cough up a similar price to what you are paying now regardless of how long you wait. If you get it cheaper chances are that it is not from a safe source and your account will be banned. They ban those kind of keys all the time. 

As for it not being worth 20$; you are out of your mind. I don't know of anyone, haters included, that did not get 60$ worth of content out of GW2. If they didn't enjoy the game enough to get that much time out of it then it was their fault for not doing any research or checking out the game beforehand. There were plenty of opportunities to play it before launch. If I hit 80 and quit playing GW2 I would still have gotten more then my money's worth. The time it takes for most people to get to 80 is probably around the time it takes you to play through 5 long 60$ regular single player games. Realistically according to today's standards I would say I probably got my 60$ worth before the end of the 3rd day. 

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    He can always play tera or swtor for free. But yah....for good stuff....shell out the shinies :)
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    A game that won multiple Game of the Year, MMO of the Year and RPG of the Year awards just a couple months ago at a bargin bin price? Dream on.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

I'm sure they'll do deals & assorted offers when sales die down or when the expansion releases (bundles etc.)

You're definitely not alone in not wanting to spend over $20 (I'm waiting for such a deal myself), and NCSoft knows this.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Celcius

Chances are you won't see it that low even with a sale until after the first expansion comes out which will probably be 40-60$ so if you want to play GW2 you will ultimately have to cough up a similar price to what you are paying now regardless of how long you wait. If you get it cheaper chances are that it is not from a safe source and your account will be banned. They ban those kind of keys all the time. 

As for it not being worth 20$; you are out of your mind. I don't know of anyone, haters included, that did not get 60$ worth of content out of GW2. If they didn't enjoy the game enough to get that much time out of it then it was their fault for not doing any research or checking out the game beforehand. There were plenty of opportunities to play it before launch. If I hit 80 and quit playing GW2 I would still have gotten more then my money's worth. The time it takes for most people to get to 80 is probably around the time it takes you to play through 5 long 60$ regular single player games. Realistically according to today's standards I would say I probably got my 60$ worth before the end of the 3rd day. 

60 $ would have been enough for roughly 7 movie tickets, which means about 14-21 hours of entertainment.

Do I choose any MMORPG for 60 $ or to have seen "The Dark Knight", "Schlinder's List", "The Shawhank Redemption", "Fight Club", "Forrest Gump", "Inception"  and "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" when they were released at the movie theater? 

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    i can sell to u friend, but i live in another country and need sugestions on how to make safe trade.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

GW1 is not that cheap and neither is WoW - both around 25 US dollars per chapter. A game that is just B2P, probably will not get that low unless it is a total flop.

SO if GW2 is not that good of a game - why even play it? Move on....

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

You can get the original Guild Wars for that but I wouldn't expect to find GW2 for that price for some time. GW2 has been extremely successful and has been given high praise by both gamers and professional reviewers. It is one of the most talked about and most played MMO's currently out. 

If you don't feel it's worth more than $25 thats fine, just expect to wait a good while before it hits that price due to its popularity and level of success. 

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    OP if you find it let me knwo also I need an account for my cousin.