Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Food Truck Campaign

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bethesda has teamed up with several other technology-based businesses to bring Elder Scrolls Online to the masses in the United States and will feed them for visiting. Called the "Food Truck Campaign", the stops on the tour were announced via an email press release.

• SXSW 2013 – Austin, Texas (March 10)

• PAX East – Boston, Massachusetts (March 22)

• University of Massachusetts Amherst – Amherst, Massachusetts (March 29)

• Michigan State University – East Lansing, Michigan (April 12)

• University of Colorado – Boulder, Colorado (April 26)

• University of Arizona – Tucson, Arizona (May 3)

• E3 2013 – Los Angeles, California (June 12)

• Comic-Con International – San Diego, California (July 18)

• PAX Prime – Seattle, Washington (August 31)

• University of California, Los Angeles – Los Angeles, California (September 20)

• University of California, Berkeley – Berkeley, California (October 4)

Launching prior to the first stop at SXSW, The Elder Scrolls Online Food Truck Tour companion Facebook App will allow fans to stay up-to-date on times and specific locations, while also giving them the ability to invite friends, and view and share photos from each stop. This central hub, located as a tab on The Elder Scrolls Online Facebook page, is an easy way to stay connected from your desktop or mobile device.

Grab all the details on the Elder Scrolls Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    And here I thought they were actually doing something altruistic, well a coporations version of altrusitic anyways. Having giveaways is enough for people to show up, give the free food to those in need. Calling this a Food Truck Campaign is misleading. 
  • jayfeeler69jayfeeler69 Member Posts: 94
    Really your hating on a PR campaign for not being a feed the needy campaign? You need your priorities fixed
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    This kind of marketing makes no sense to me. They are not selling horker stew. Just release gameplay videos focusing on pve, dungeons, pvp and improtant game details. The internet will do your marketing for you if the game doesn't suck. Seriously an Elder Scrolls food truck campaign? WTF.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Disappointed that there's nothing close to Maryland on that list, :(. No home state love ..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    say what?
  • Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100
    This makes no sense
  • PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Interesting marketing. ES themed snacks and food items?

Wonder if they will have any actual gameplay video or even a playable demo?

I guess it fits ESO's Themepark style. Empty calorie fast-food on a Roach Coach.

Shame as the Elder Scrolls IP fits so much better to a Full 7 Course Meal Sandpark.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

Well looks like I'll have to show up in Boulder when they stop by :)

Also to the negative posts....this is why some people can't have nice things.

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323
    This is the kind of PR stunt you do when you're terrified to show the actual product.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Grilled pheasant, Salmon Steak, Cabbage potato soup, Mudcrab legs, Vension chop, oh and don't forget the Sweet Roll... makes my mouth water already!
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by jayfeeler69
    Really your hating on a PR campaign for not being a feed the needy campaign? You need your priorities fixed

oO... I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not and that scares me a bit lol... I've been on this site for to long. 

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594
    I find it mildly insulting they anrt going to their own con, Quakecon.

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Whiskey_Sam
    This is the kind of PR stunt you do when you're terrified to show the actual product.

I know right, they did the same thing with skyrim and look how that.......oh wait

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Maybe they should worry more about making the game better and less on stupid crap. Or is that "too hard" for the company as well....
  • CorpocesCorpoces Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I work in Boulder Co and you can be sure I will be there for free food and stuff. Boulder also has a plethora of homeless people. You can bet soon as word gets out there is free food, there will be droves of homless people that love online gaming.

• releasemereleaseme Member Posts: 8
    Guild Wars 2 Food Truck! Awesome!
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by deakon

I know right, they did the same thing with skyrim and look how that.......oh wait

After a year of bug fixes and content additions/graphical updates (mostly done by players) Skyrim is idd a decent game and should be definitely used as an example for a well made product .. OH WAIT !

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    You know most companies would actually do a tour with their...PRODUCT...for PR. Guess they are realizing their target base is older DaoC players so they are trying to get humanitarians into it...either way, the offical Skyrim and Oblivion forums as well as the Nexus is still filled with people pissed at the lore changes, forced factions, faction based zones, non-open world, limited race/faction options...and crap RvR style limited PvP which is smacks of a NON-TES game.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

This is the kind of comment you make when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. This isn't the first time they have done something like this. My friends in Seattle said the Skyrim food...thing....they did was really cool and fun. And we all know Skyrim was just awful amirite?

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Originally posted by deakon

You mean the game that they released broken on PS3, hoped no one would notice, then left hanging for months on whether patches and DLC would ever be released?  Yeah, that went well.

Originally posted by Aeonblades

This is the kind of comment you make when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. This isn't the first time they have done something like this. My friends in Seattle said the Skyrim food...thing....they did was really cool and fun. And we all know Skyrim was just awful amirite?

Depends on if you got the working one or the completely broken one that even now still has quests that can't be completed over a year after release.