Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

M/K Good M/K Bad

Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

disclaimer 1: This is not about the game, its in beta and im having fun playing it.

disclaimer 2: i will say that when playing an FPS with a controller I AM  that guy looking at the floor or the sky 95% of the time, Shooting at everything except the target with a normal game K/D ratio that looks something like 1K:35D (and that 1 was a grenade i shot accidently by randomly pressing buttons.

nowwhen i first started playing dust i was exactly like that 2:7 1:10 and i was getting better 7:15. 

then someone in eve told me dude, plug in any USB M/K it works

so i gave it a shot and the worse game ive played since has been a 7:7 most of the time my Kills are higher than deaths. 

conclusion: mouse/keyboard dominates controllers. 

now why i hate it

when i play my console i want to be on the couch, with a controller eating nachos and getting fat. a PS3 is not made to be used like a computer. (im probably old school, but concoles = TV COUCH CONTROLLERS AND FRIENDS)

but also i will not purposefully handicap myself by using a controller to play dust when i can get better stats by using M/K

also i dont want to compete against others using M/K while i'm using a controller. 

conclusion: i have found myself not wanting to play because i would HAVE to use M/K

TL:RD

LOVE THE GAME BECAUSE I CAN USE M/K

HATE THE GAME BECAUSE I CAN USE M/K

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

(1) Get wireless Keyboard & Mouse, connect them to PS3

(2) Get a piece of wood (I used to use a old bookshelf)

(3) Put KB & M on the shelf

(4) Recline on sofa, put the shelf on your lap

For additional slob-points, integrate a cup-holder into the shelf.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I think an important aspect to this game is to join a corp that suits you.

Some corps get excellent K/D ratios and win tornaments. However, they play DUST like it's a job, and they expect you to as well if you join them. (I would love to know what these people do for a living.)

Other corps are far more relaxed.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

M/K support is pretty basic and didn't feel very nice compared to games developed soley for m/k.

As to your comfort issues, i personally hated playing games at a desk, i've long legs and like to stretch them!

So i've set myself up with a nice comfy leather recliner and one of these tables for my mouse. I've also the microsoft sidewiner keyboard that has a detachable numpad, which makes it perfect for a lap and my gaming puter is connected to a big screen without any latency issues at all.

Console comfort on the pc can be achieved. :)

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

I'll give this game 6 months until everyone except PC gamers have ditched it, because if you're the standard PS3 Joe with the controller you'll get absolutely demolished by the M&K players.

And once it is released on the PC no one will ever play the PS3 version, again.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    Originally posted by tom_gore

I'll give this game 6 months until everyone except PC gamers have ditched it, because if you're the standard PS3 Joe with the controller you'll get absolutely demolished by the M&K players.

I highly doubt it will release for PC.

I would be playing it more if they had not put M/K 

for now ill stick with my 32M SP capsuleer :P on the PC and SP RPGs for my PS3 (or fighters, those are cool too)

• ISSPBlackISSPBlack Member UncommonPosts: 11

I am PS3 controller user in DUST 514 and sometimes I can manage in one game K/D ratio 4 or more. I was trying to use KB/M but its feel weird.

In my case its depends from what I've played the first.

• benasatobenasato Member UncommonPosts: 193
    It sucks the new controls option got left out of the last update, but who needs aim (hugs mass driver)..image
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by tom_gore

You could be right in one respect: DUST could die because M/K players may have an advantage over mainstream players who use the controller.

HOWEVER, DUST certainly has a hardcore fan base. Therefore, if DUST does die, I reckon it will be a gradual lingering death over several years as new features fail to get the financing - not a fast death at 6 months.

But my personal opinion is that DUST will do well because it's a bit different and the devs respond to player advice.

Amazingly, the devs read feedback on the forums and write back within a day if it's feedback with lots of gameplay experience and it's well thought through.

• ejendalsejendals Member Posts: 33
    From all the posts at DUST section on this site, I can see how badly Tom_gore wants to play this game, I like to see his madness and crying ''why no pc, you will fail if you don't release a pc ver!!!'' I wish this would never release on a PC so that tom lost his mind completly..