Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want allot of group quests. Does it have many compared to other mmos?

DekapitatorDekapitator Member UncommonPosts: 261

I want forced grouping in order to progress. I love it.

MIs there plenty of group quests? what you say?

And public quests?

Comments

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    You could always make your own. :)
  • OsmanthusOsmanthus Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by Dekapitator

I want forced grouping in order to progress. I love it.

MIs there plenty of group quests? what you say?

And public quests?

The beta had a handful forced-grouping 5 man dungeons, but they were all optional.  

If by 'public quests' you mean quests that are done in a landscape with lots of other people not in your party, then yes.  If you mean quests that require other people to jump in and help like world bosses, I didn't see anything like that.

Foundry quests could probably be made that required a full group, but none of the ones in the beta did.  

Of course, the beta only went to 30th level so far, so end-game has not been shown yet.  We don't really know if there is an endgame, but I have read stuff from cryptic that indicate there might be raids.  But really, this is an unknown.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    single player focused mmo and people asking alot of group quests, think you should find another title for that.
  • XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105

Hi OP, when you log in with your character you get a "welcome" window and can enter dungeons and be added to a group immediatly, amongst other multiplayer activities...I was pleasantly surprised!

There are also group dungeons and when you click the door your will find yourself inside within a group, just few seconds later. I love it, remind of "Left 4 Dead 2" in the way you get into the game with other people without the hassle of setting things up yourself. The game can do it for you...

Originally posted by m0lly
    single player focused mmo

NO offense but...completely untrue

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    There wasn't too much forced grouping but there is nothing to stop one from helping each other out. It wasn't a WoW style tagging system, if you step in a little late and help kill the npcs you still get a reward. Also, the quests were by and large more involved than standard mmo fare. They felt more like actual quests with traps, puzzles, and boss fights.
  • vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167
    The only issues I ran into was I could never get a dungeon that was not already done. Everytime I Q'd for  a group, the dungeon was already done, even with new players the dungeon was already done. So I was not sure if it was a bug or I was doing something wrong.
  • KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Originally posted by m0lly
    single player focused mmo and people asking alot of group quests, think you should find another title for that.

I'm not playing it but from watching the videos it looks like Neverwinter is heavy into group missions. Hardly single player focused.