Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the population nowaday ?

KWLGAMEKWLGAME Member Posts: 6

wanna know how the population is nowaday

game was updated

wanna know it , EU and US population

do they go to play GW2 ? or any new games?

Comments

• baddog66baddog66 Member UncommonPosts: 46

I just resubbed rift 3 days ago. I'm a level 25 mage , first toon,---came from wow mop recently where i have toons of high level characters.

The main thing i see in rift is that now on my only toon I have to start all over again, no help gathering, no guild to farm mats(for now) etc  quite daunting a task really.

From this vantage i can see why its been difficult to pull players off the wow routine. I like the game though but the time involved in rebuilding a base I feel comfortable with, well I do not know but will see.

I've only zoned into 2 lfg randoms and that was only today --questing i saw barely 5 people and no open world chat

GRIND DOES NOT EQUAL MAKING A GAME CHALLENGING!! YES I AM YELLING LOL

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

I started playing again.

Leveled a toon to 26 and leveling my 50 through Storm Legion.

Level 1-20 had tons of people.

Post 20 it drops off a cliff.

Dungeon runs seem to pop quick pre 20.

20-50 seems to not be a lot of people at all.

50+ Storm Legion content has tons of people.  Especially 60 stuff.

Leveling pre 50 is fairly quick.  Once you get 50 settle in as exp will take awhile.

It's important to bring up that you can level yourself down (mentor system) though.  So friends can help you level and still get something from it too.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Tons of people 50+, server pop is booming atm. You aren't going to see many people low level in an mmo over a year old.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• KWLGAMEKWLGAME Member Posts: 6
    yes , maybe that is why there are not some newbies :)
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
     You aren't going to see many people low level in an mmo over a year old.

This is so false.  EQ had active low level population for 5 years or so.  WoW was active for 3 or 4.  FFXI had a decent run too I think.  Games that grow over several years dont have that problem, as well as games where leveling isnt treated as an inconvenience.  

Server population overall is fine though, Trion wisely closed servers to ensure active servers.  Every other game in existence could learn from this.

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    As above said. Server pop appears to be solid because they continue to close servers to force the population together. Overall game pop appears to continue to dwindle.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• VolmokVolmok Member UncommonPosts: 64

I was a Rift bandwagon rider since day -3 (early access) and quit several months after due to lack of onterest and a lot of PvP imbalance.

I came back 2 months ago and do not regret it :) I have brought my warrior and rogue to level 52 and I can say that I enjoy the new zones (there are 2 paths to level above 50, so it is not boring to level 2 toons).

From PvP point of view, I can say that the mages are not the "one man army" anymore and it seems a bit more balanced; and before other reply I PvP with my warrior mainly and support with the rogue (bard or tactician).

I would suggest you give it a shot, re-subscribe for one months and see how it is.

Edit: about the population since this was the main question :P. I moved to a PvE server since there is not more world PvP and the population seems steady enough. The warzones are up very often, dungeon runs pre-60 are OKis (they are cross server now) and you can always do Instant Adventures and Cronicles.

V.

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Originally posted by jimdandy26
    As above said. Server pop appears to be solid because they continue to close servers to force the population together. Overall game pop appears to continue to dwindle.

I think you should do some reasearch before jumping to conclusions... They increased server capacity several times since the game came out so they're merely consolidating. I'm not saying people haven't left the game, but it should be noted that servers can hold more than double the amount than what they launched with.

• VolmokVolmok Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by tkoreaper

I think you should do some reasearch before jumping to conclusions... They increased server capacity several times since the game came out so they're merely consolidating. I'm not saying people haven't left the game, but it should be noted that servers can hold more than double the amount than what they launched with.

This!

Also I have noticed that new players are comming in all the time (people asking for guidance past lvl 20 - free trial level cap).

I would suggest picking a PvE server since the popuplation is greater on these type of servers sicne the PvP is mostly happening around warfronts.

V.

Originally posted by Volmok

This!

Also I have noticed that new players are comming in all the time (people asking for guidance past lvl 20 - free trial level cap).

I would suggest picking a PvE server since the popuplation is greater on these type of servers sicne the PvP is mostly happening around warfronts.

V.

I also have to say that I have noticed in level 1-29 chat and level 50-59 chat - tons of new poeple and returning players posting in there.  Many are asking about sub models and what you get and so forth.  

That's actually a pretty good sign.  I would say that the pop on Rift has stabilized to growing slow.  It's nowhere near what it was at launch, but what game is nowadays?

I wonder if people actually believe this sort of thing deep down.  The server cap increases are merely PR.  Oh, they may or may not hold double what they used to, but it doesnt matter because they dont fill up.  Dont forget, Trion lied to MMORPG.com about one of the server closure waves, saying it was to free up servers for a large upcoming promotion.  Which never happened.  

The game has lost roughly 85% of its NA launch servers.  for every 6 or 7 servers, there is now one.

• jimmyhovajimmyhova Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by strangiato2112 I wonder if people actually believe this sort of thing deep down.  The server cap increases are merely PR.    

This is about the most absurd statement I have ever came across on a web-forum. Congratulations. Looking over your post history...anti-Rift much bro?

Originally posted by strangiato2112

I wonder if people actually believe this sort of thing deep down.  The server cap increases are merely PR.  Oh, they may or may not hold double what they used to, but it doesnt matter because they dont fill up.  Dont forget, Trion lied to MMORPG.com about one of the server closure waves, saying it was to free up servers for a large upcoming promotion.  Which never happened.  

The game has lost roughly 85% of its NA launch servers.  for every 6 or 7 servers, there is now one.

I saw more people doing the Volans event than I can remember seeing in long time.  While there are less people than launch, the game is doing still very well.

Originally posted by jimmyhova

Originally posted by strangiato2112

I wonder if people actually believe this sort of thing deep down.  The server cap increases are merely PR.    

This is about the most absurd statement I have ever came across on a web-forum. Congratulations. Looking over your post history...anti-Rift much bro?

If you dont think closing servers while saying "we have effectively doubled server capacity" is PR, well I dont know what to tell you.  Cap doubling is irrelevant, the servers dont cap.  2,000 people online is the same if the server caps at 2500 or 5000. 

And someone's post history is irrelevant.  Its the content of the post that matters.  

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    ha this game has been bleeding subs since its release and has only had small spikes on major patches and the expansion. I was there on faeblight as well for the expansion launch and when i left about two weeks ago the server was already starting to drop back down to its normal low/medium population. I do not understand certain people in this thread flat out lying about how populated the game is when it isnt. Sure you have some population as its not a terrible game but saying the population is healthy is like saying warhammers population is healthy....
    Originally posted by cronius77
    ha this game has been bleeding subs since its release and has only had small spikes on major patches and the expansion. I was there on faeblight as well for the expansion launch and when i left about two weeks ago the server was already starting to drop back down to its normal low/medium population. I do not understand certain people in this thread flat out lying about how populated the game is when it isnt. Sure you have some population as its not a terrible game but saying the population is healthy is like saying warhammers population is healthy....

eh, the individual server populations (US) are plenty healthy.  There just arent many of them.

As far as population stability, its too soon after the expansion to tell one way or the other.  Faeblight has always been fairly high pop, that and wolfsbane were the big two everyone always transferred too.  faeblight certainly hasnt been a low pop server in quite some time.

Originally posted by cronius77
    is like saying warhammers population is healthy....

No. Actually.  No it's not like that in any way.  Not even close.

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    The experience I have had on Shatterbone is good. Lots of people all over, new players, some trial players, some stay some don't. Seems to most people, if it don't have the numbers THAT OTHER GAME HAS, it's a faiure, what ever.  On my shard, I see a growing population and a game that is very enjoyable and that is much improved since launch.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by jdnyc
    Originally posted by Volmok

This!

V.

I also have to say that I have noticed in level 1-29 chat and level 50-59 chat - tons of new poeple and returning players posting in there.  Many are asking about sub models and what you get and so forth.  

That's actually a pretty good sign.  I would say that the pop on Rift has stabilized to growing slow.  It's nowhere near what it was at launch, but what game is nowadays?

I am agreement. The population is pretty solid above 50. I can not state much about low levels since all of my toons are 50+.

• CalmmoCalmmo Member Posts: 52

Rift had natural population hits/drops with the release of SWtor and then GW2.

Game was very slowly but steadily loosing subs until the announcement of Storm Legion.

2 months prior to SLs release the was a noticable increase, and another small increase with the launch of SL, and up untill now the population has been pretty much the same. A good solid no loss period of 5 to 6 months. Rare in todays rpgmmo world

Originally posted by Calmmo

Rift had natural population hits/drops with the release of SWtor and then GW2.

Game was very slowly but steadily loosing subs until the announcement of Storm Legion.

2 months prior to SLs release the was a noticable increase, and another small increase with the launch of SL, and up untill now the population has been pretty much the same. A good solid no loss period of 5 to 6 months. Rare in todays rpgmmo world

This is all PURE speculation, with nothing remotely factual to back it up.

There was *not* a noticable increase in population 2 months prior to SL, there was a server merge.  Nobody knows but Trion if the player base increased or decreased.

You are probably right that population has been steady since SL release, but its the norm for an MMO to do that for the first few months after an expansion.  Its whats happening when we get to April or May thats more telling.  

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    All I can say is I that I downloaded the client  just last night, got on a server marked "heavy" and found barely a soul in the starting area. If they're heavy then they are heavy at the later levels. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• CalmmoCalmmo Member Posts: 52

tends to happen when everyones at max level 50+ since 2011 ><

Anyway, posting here is a pure waste of time, the dude above basically called me a troll for saying exactly what happened.

Not my fault everyone on this dam site is a burned out mmo gamer. Simple stuff, you like a game you play it, you dont you stop. If watching numbers a number turns you on and makes you like or not a game then I feel bad for you as far as mmos go. Try offline rpgs, they're actually better games., peace out

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i subbed for 1 month when Storm Legion came out. My highest lvl character is 29 mage. I also got a lvl 28 warrior, and two lower lvl cleric and rogue (2 defiants and 2 guardians). I felt that i missed the game so i bought more game time. I really regret doing that. I log in probably once every 2 weeks, and when i do i log out in less than an hour. I just cant push any of those characters forward in this game (i dont have fun doing it in rift). I wish i had spend those moneys in other game.... After the game time is over ill just uninstall this game and forget about it, sadly.

• lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108
    Originally posted by Calmmo

tends to happen when everyones at max level 50+ since 2011 ><

Anyway, posting here is a pure waste of time, the dude above basically called me a troll for saying exactly what happened.

Not my fault everyone on this dam site is a burned out mmo gamer. Simple stuff, you like a game you play it, you dont you stop. If watching numbers a number turns you on and makes you like or not a game then I feel bad for you as far as mmos go. Try offline rpgs, they're actually better games., peace out

QFT