Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV pre-ARR key?

HayasaHayasa Member UncommonPosts: 29

Hey guys I have a question I wasn't able to find the answer on the forum.

I found a place were they still sell the old FFXIV for a very low price and I was wondering, Will that key work for FFXIV:ARR?

Thank you.

Comments

• bronxknyghtbronxknyght Member UncommonPosts: 10

Almost certain you can no longer register copies of XIV 1.0 through the SE Account System.

However, they recently confirmed that the 30 day buddy passes that came with the collector's editions would still be good when ARR is released so I could be wrong. Sorry I could not find more concrete info for you.

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445
    You can only register old codes once ARR is released, not before. The system allowing you to add codes to your account is currently shut down until launch.
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Right, but once ARR goes live, will old codes still be redeemable for a month sub, or is the game just f2p or what?
  • SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

The game got lowered to a very minimal cost when they decided to re-invent it, not to mention it didn't have a sub.

Other than some potentially in-game benefits (free mount or something), I wouldn't expect a lot.

It is for all intents and purposes a new game now, as the last one was officially closed down.

This is why they didn't want to award beta keys to everyone who simply bought a copy because at one point I think I seen the same for less than $10.

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    Right, but once ARR goes live, will old codes still be redeemable for a month sub, or is the game just f2p or what?

Game isn't Free to Play. Old codes are redeemable for full copies of the new game with 30 days free trial subscription included. Once the trial expires you may continue to play for one of three price values:

Legacy: $9.99 (only for those who subed during 1.0 in 2012. 8 character slots per server + bonus rewards & character data transfer to old servers.)

Standard: $12.99 (1 character slot per server & access to new and old servers)

Advanced: $14.99 (8 character slots per server & access to new and old servers)

• VernamVernam Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Originally posted by adam_nox

You will still be able to use old codes, and get 30 days free.

• HayasaHayasa Member UncommonPosts: 29

Thanks for your answers :D.