Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is there NO humor at all ?

IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143

Ok, so I´ve leveled a sage to 50 and, sure its quite nice and all, but...why is there no humor at all?

All conversations is dead serious, most are stuck up "Yes, sir /No, sir" BS.

Did BW employ a bunch of failed US Marines for the conversations?

Not a single joke or laughter, not even witty remarks..bleh.

Comments

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Jedi aren't known for humor. :P

Try a LS Sith Warrior or Inq (hilarious at the meta level) or an Imp Agent.

BH / Smug are also funny as well.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246
    I remember quite a few 'humourous' cut scenes. I think the problem is that they are so godawfully unfunny you probably didn't notice. 
  • Cypt1Cypt1 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    I'll second what another poster said: the BH and the smuggler have some amusing moments, although they can be overdone to the point of being just plain cheesy. Still, I got some laughs out of them.
  • TickleMeHomoTickleMeHomo Member Posts: 28
    The Star Wars is one hell of serous saga and there is no room for joking arround but galaxies to save
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Cypt1
    I'll second what another poster said: the BH and the smuggler have some amusing moments, although they can be overdone to the point of being just plain cheesy. Still, I got some laughs out of them.

Jedi: *Force Persuade* "You will lower the gun and surrender."

Bounty Hunter: *waves hand* "You will realize what a complete idiot you are."

(paraphrased since I'm too lazy to dig up the exact quote)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Originally posted by IG-88

Ok, so I´ve leveled a sage to 50 and, sure its quite nice and all, but...why is there no humor at all?

What class did you play?

If you played trooper, then yes, that was a non-humoristic (and mostly bad imo) story.

The smuggler and BH, and even the inquisitor, had some very funny moments though.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• TigasnakeTigasnake Member Posts: 33

I second the Light side Sith humor.  Some lines are delivered so hilariously, half of which toward your master.

The most memorable humor is with the Inquisitor on Korriban.

Overseer: "I've been administering this rite for over a 100 years."

You: "And I'm sure you were young and pretty... back then."

Another overseer: "Only I can see this animal for what it really is!"

You: "If you're the only one who can see it... maybe it isn't there?"

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Originally posted by TickleMeHomo
    The Star Wars is one hell of serous saga and there is no room for joking arround but galaxies to save

True. In fact, the prequels tried to inject more levity than usual with disasterous results to add into the pile of disasterous results.

• JagerbagerJagerbager Member Posts: 10

Think you need to apply your own sense of humor! I would not want a jar jar binks character!

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

What class did you play?

If you played trooper, then yes, that was a non-humoristic (and mostly bad imo) story.

The smuggler and BH, and even the inquisitor, had some very funny moments though.

Nothing to do with your post, but congratulations on the mighty fine Poirot portrait.  

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Oh it is definitely there but quite droll mostly. Even the normal quests have some very funny lines but it is not straight funny stuff  ; it is in the delivery . Like that creepy scientist who asks you to carry out some experiments while leering at you and you get to deliver some choice ones in return. It's the double entendre. Pick the out of character responses you can always escape if you lose points just to see what you get. Trooper boring come on Aric sputtering is funny in itself when you accuse him. There is something comical about Forex and his down with the empire and scum must die rhetoric. The sith inquisitor has some truly deadpan humour. Smuggler out and out hilarious lines. Sith warrior and propositioning Quinn I had some fun with that.

The Imperial agent has some quite unsavoury parts which include having sex to get ahead and you get to have some interesting convos after but I bet that tangent is not available unless you take that option. Tharan and his jealous Holiday. Seriously you found no humour. Well I beg to differ.

Chamber of Chains
    Originally posted by cheyane

Oh it is definitely there but quite droll mostly. Even the normal quests have some very funny lines but it is not straight funny stuff  ; it is in the delivery . Like that creepy scientist who asks you to carry out some experiments while leering at you and you get to deliver some choice ones in return. It's the double entendre. Pick the out of character responses you can always escape if you lose points just to see what you get. Trooper boring come on Aric sputtering is funny in itself when you accuse him. There is something comical about Forex and his down with the empire and scum must die rhetoric. The sith inquisitor has some truly deadpan humour. Smuggler out and out hilarious lines. Sith warrior and propositioning Quinn I had some fun with that.

The Imperial agent has some quite unsavoury parts which include having sex to get ahead and you get to have some interesting convos after but I bet that tangent is not available unless you take that option. Tharan and his jealous Holiday. Seriously you found no humour. Well I beg to differ.

Thanks for the trip down memorylane!

Currently working on a Smuggler myself - and Corso adds quite a bit of humor too! :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Ugh, Corso is horrible.  He's not funny, he's like a bad running joke that I got sick of hearing.

I disagree that there's no humor though, a lot of it (particularly the Imperial side) is very dry humor.  I found my agent's deadpan reactions to things pretty amusing.  The agent was actually my favorite class in the short time I played, mostly for that reason.  The jedi's are soooo dull.

• gasperkgasperk Member Posts: 84

I think Biowaru was humorous enough when creating this game itself. So just look around in the game... humor everywhere.

Just need to look deeper. Humor is already present in the log in screen Itself...                            HINT: EA.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by gasperk

I think Biowaru was humorous enough when creating this game itself. So just look around in the game... humor everywhere.

Just need to look deeper. Humor is already present in the log in screen Itself...                            HINT: EA.

I dunno, that seems more like horror to me.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Sage story has the least humor of all classes unfortunatelly. Try smuggler for some really hilarious liners, Empire classes are more fun to play. I am enjoying my Jedi Knight right now, but he is a bit on dark side. Inquisitors have some lines I call:  "What did I just say?" LOL fun times.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

LOL here is a video of this conversation. +10 for you - your memory is pretty darn good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI4Eg4dBPU8&feature=related

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Sage story has the least humor of all classes unfortunatelly. Try smuggler for some really hilarious liners, Empire classes are more fun to play. I am enjoying my Jedi Knight right now, but he is a bit on dark side. Inquisitors have some lines I call:  "What did I just say?" LOL fun times.

Can only speak for the French client, but some of the lines and situations are laugh-out-loud funny. The delivery is very dry.

I also recall "teasing" an NPC with force lightning on my sorceress  for no reason other than that I could. He did not appreciate that too much.

Edit - some of the romantic lines are so funny because they are so awful, but exceptionally funny when you manage to get with that handsome sith on Alderande hee hee.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

LOL here is a video of this conversation. +10 for you - your memory is pretty darn good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI4Eg4dBPU8&feature=related

Good times! :D

That and talking back to Baras are some of my favorite SWTOR memories.

Originally posted by MurlockDance

Edit - some of the romantic lines are so funny because they are so awful, but exceptionally funny when you manage to get with that handsome sith on Alderande hee hee.

Poor Andronikos!

That's another hilarious part, the reactions of some companions to their partner/boss' flirting.

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    *deleted*
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    It's a problem with the prequel movies as well.  Way too much seriousness, and the attempted humor (jar jar) was just bad slapstick.  Compare with the humor (and ribbing and banter) that went on in the original series between Luke, Leia and Han.  Ir's called creating characters we care about by making them human.  Everyone in the prequels is too damned reasonable and agreeable.
  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by MurlockDance

Poor Andronikos!

That's another hilarious part, the reactions of some companions to their partner/boss' flirting.

I had Khem Val in my party at the time and even he didn't like it.

It is a shame that there is no romance option for female sith inquisitors with Khem Val heh heh image

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

(Yousa says: "did bw employ a bunch of doo-doo us marines for da conversations? no a single funny-funny or laughter, no even witty remarks.")

Is that better?

(Watch that doo-doo comment JarJar, you're gonna get feedback from that one)

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430
    to be honest, SWTOR is worth playing for the conversation lines alone.