Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Not Play

ssunatzussunatzu Member Posts: 24
Just making my recommendation to those who may be thinking about playing EVE Online. The game will take you 2 years to play before you can actively participate in null security space.  Anything less than this and you will die on a regular basis.  You lose your ship and possibly game time from death encounters. Unless you spend a lot of time 'farming' for replacement ISK(currency) you will have to buy PLEX to support your gaming lifestyle.  The numbers speak for themselves.  This game could be in contention against World of Warcraft but the developers do not see the big picture.  To me this is called, "denial". Tell the game developers you do not approve of this by not playing EVE Online.  Stay away from this game.  Otherwise, you will spend most of your time developing your character.  If you do not mind waiting for about 2 years to play effectvely, then go for it. I plan to do so but I realize as well that it will take me forever before I can play with the Big Boys.

Comments

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    waiting for some one to tell us we can tackle... loool

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Why should your issue become my issue?

• lufiazlufiaz Member UncommonPosts: 122
    Sigh, epic first-posters strike again.
  • ssunatzussunatzu Member Posts: 24
    :-) I joined MMO about 2 years ago but never made a comment until now. I only posted because I want to make a statement against the policies of EVE Online.  Most people will be satisfied with spending an enormous amount of time to actively play a game. I do not think so.  I will from this time forward make it known that I am dissatisfied with the game mechanics of EVE Online.  CCP can intervene whenever they want to discuss this with me but I doubt they will.  So in my small way, I will try to make a difference to the gaming community.  Thank you for posting.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    I'm certain the other 300k+ subscribers are sweating your input.image

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Some people will consider it a challenge:).

I am all for different kind of MMOs on market... ones that take zero efford to play and ones that you need to spend significant amout of time. The variety is needed. it is obvious that EVE has a huge amount of dedicated players. Also, in most of established MMOs long time players have advantage above newbies. EVE is just more extreme in this area I guess. I don't see anything wrong here. 

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Mad+Dog
    waiting for some one to tell us we can tackle... loool
    thank you for providing me with an additional way to respond in this forum.  I am sure you are intelligent enough to realize you do not have to wait for someone to give you the 'ok' or 'tackle' as you so well put it.  Take your best shot. :-)

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Oh thanks for the info, I´ll go hit the unsub button right away... thanks for this magnificent and very informative post.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I never intended to.  I mean I like to give most MMO's a shot, but EVE does not look like my type of game.. so yeah.  Thanks?  I guess?
    Originally posted by Starpower

thank you for allowing me to make an additional comment to the forums by responding to this ovbious 'troll'.  

I never intended my post to be considered an issue. I have learned over the course of many years that there will always be persons like yourself who have no concern with my general welfare.  My statement was mainly for CCP.  Consumers can change the way games are being developed if they would make statements similar to mine.  You can also 'boycott' games by refusing to play them.  I choose to play EVE Online despite my feelings.  Why?  Because there is not a replacement game I consider acceptable.  But, if there should ever come a game that is comparable to EVE Online, I will drop EVE and never ever come back to it.

Originally posted by lufiaz
    Sigh, epic first-posters strike again.

I am sorry but I also am working towards more than 60 posts. :-) Have a nice day.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by ssunatzu
    The numbers speak for themselves. 

And this is a good thing.

The more people you have that "like" something the more one can point to a softening of any bold ideas or straying from the beaten path.

Surely you are aware that there are some wonderfully esoteric things that we humans have access to but that only small groups enjoy? If you start altering the very conepts that make these things unique you then start losing anything special about them.

I certainly am not in the camp that says "well, if the majority likes it then it's bad" but neither am I in a camp where I say "the only way to make something good is to make it more palatable to the masses."

No; let EVE be EVE. We need games like this if only to remind us that things living on the fringe of our experience can still be viable, even if it's just to a niche group of people.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Oh thanks for the info, I´ll go hit the unsub button right away... thanks for this magnificent and very informative post.

you are so very welcome :-) your sarcasm transcends your post

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Pyuk
    I'm certain the other 300k+ subscribers are sweating your input.image

You make it sound like the game is more than a niche product with very little market share...

You make me like charity

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Starpower

thank you for allowing me to make an additional comment to the forums by responding to this ovbious 'troll'.  

I never intended my post to be considered an issue. I have learned over the course of many years that there will always be persons like yourself who have no concern with my general welfare.  My statement was mainly for CCP.  Consumers can change the way games are being developed if they would make statements similar to mine.  You can also 'boycott' games by refusing to play them.  I choose to play EVE Online despite my feelings.  Why?  Because there is not a replacement game I consider acceptable.  But, if there should ever come a game that is comparable to EVE Online, I will drop EVE and never ever come back to it.

What is meant with "your issue" is: "The game will take you 2 years to play before you can actively participate in null security space". which obviously seems to be YOUR issue which doesn't mean that it will take every gamer atleast 2 years.

Also you want to "boycott" one of the few succesfull sandbox MMORPG that are out there?

Sure developers like and need feedback and might even react to it either ingame/forums/patches, but you see you only explain something that seems YOUR issue. You even go so far in telling the game could  change due to your feedback.

But then again you also seem to like the feature's EVE has, so I am actually very confused as to why you made this topic??

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    LOL!  After 6 months i got on one of my accounts 76 solo kills, ok i was 65 times killed  but i was never member of some big corporation. Probably you was disappointed because you don't have  a clue how to choose skills, you invested for sure little bit there a little bit here and you didn't make anything useful. And second thing is that you need to know where to fly and how to make use of your star map. Caldari Militia forever!
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I think its pretty well known Eve as a new player your going no where quick without a corperation aiding you. Hell, even with that chances are you will never be remotely close to those at top unless they quit. The game is pretty much Money >>>> skill and its quick to tell your practically worthless unless you play for years and even then your probably not going to amount to anything. 

Eve Online, the example of the one sandbox flaw: Those who spend more time and gain power will likely keep that power until they quit no matter how much you try. 

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

You don't need in-game skills to be successfull at EVE

You do however need a whole different mentality than the OP

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Here is the best EvE video to date: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfv1QtZDirY

And the lyrics:

When you find yourself inside a bubble, hold your cloak and wait for me
    always follow orders little bee
    And in your hours of darkness, you will hear instructions come from me
    always follow orders, little bees

little bees, little bees, little bees, little bees
    wait for your instructions, little bees

And when the op has gotten started people in the fleet agree
    in gang chat we will answer, little bees
    And though we may be parted, just go to the gate and you will see
    all your corp mates waiting, little bee

x for pos destruction, little bees

[instrumental]
    Solo

x for pos destruction, little bees

and when the systems laggy, you can lay the blame on ccp
    whine until tomorrow, little bee
    I wake up to the sound of music, uncle suas sings to me
    speaking words of wisdom, little bees

everybody loves you, little bees
    [instrumental]

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    The numbers speak for themselves. 

And this is a good thing.

The more people you have that "like" something the more one can point to a softening of any bold ideas or straying from the beaten path.

Surely you are aware that there are some wonderful esoteric things that we humans have access to but that only small groups enjoy. If you start alterning the very conepts that make these things unique you then start losing anything special about them.

I certainly am not in the camp that says "well, if the majority likes it then it's bad" but neither am I in a camp where I say "the only way to make something good is to make it more palatable to the masses.

No; let EVE be EVE. We need games like this if only to remind us that things living on the fringe of our experience can still be viable, even if it's just to a niche group of people.

:-) A constructive argument.  First, I want to say, I love this game because of the intracacies of it.  There is nothing, I repeat nothing simple about EVE Online.  What I object to is the time constraints placed on the consumer to level his character.  In this case, his ability to fly a properly fit ship.  I would love to see a character start like Ultima Online where you have the option to at least play a 70% toon.  CCP wants the new player to move to null sec.  That will not happen for at least 2 years. Oh yes, you can do so sooner but you will die 99% of all conflicts and you can not venture out alone on your own anywhere in nullsec.  The NPCs will kill your 6 month character rather quickly.

Traders, mining, manufacturing, moon mining, Player Owned Stations add to the fun to play part of this game.  CCP wants players to play then they need to speed up  or remove the hundreds of training required to 'fit' a ship.  I.e., small, medium, large autocannons; each category requires days/weeks of individuallized training.  You have to train one thing before your allowed to train another item.  Add to this category and you are forced to train several months just to get out the door to play.  This is not right.  Those who do not agree with me are those who already have trained up their characters.  Now they want to force this concept on the new players.  CCP worries that if they dumb down training the VETS will all leave.....I say let them leave.  EVE is still a great game...but I wont recommend it to any of my friends.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    The OP makes a point, albeit unintentionally, that you can never really catch up to those who have been around a long time.  And, that is what is keeping me from even trying the game.   I wouldn't join a marathon where all the other runners have had a 15 mile head start.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Humm, looks like another new Dent in EvE's armor.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • S4ndurS4ndur Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Otherwise, you will spend most of your time developing your character. 

hahahaha

Catch you on the planetside!

• dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

I think the OP highlights a good point about Eve Online, one that many have pointed out over the years.

If it weren't for the whining of the "veteran" players, they'd have added walking with stations by now. Eve needs something interesting to draw some of us back; CCP aren't doing anything interesting right now.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Did you not do any research about this game before buying or subbing?  Did you actually have no idea about it's features?  Just do the adult thing and speak with your wallet.  No need to join the legions of other posters on this site that continually to post about the game they don't like on the game's forums and try to convince others they shouldn't play. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor