Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG.. FIRST! Everquest Next =P

Comments

• UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521

Beam me up!

Oh wait. 

Paying for PORT TO GFEY

I mean I have my spire token -- ready.

Um.  Which way to the POP book?  Anyone?

Beta me!

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    OMG I am gonna wet my pants LOL....Bring it SOE!

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by negacrowbar
    Just posting to be posting...I cant wait, not because I am an Everquest fan, but because I aint got anything to play!

Yep I am starting to look forward to this never thought I would say that about an SOE game again after the Prosiebensat fiasco.  However I have been reduced to startng a new toon on Everquest II, free to play at the moment but six to twelve months?  I may have to buy some game time.

• ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Yeah the wait is killing me too. I just hope they get the classes right. EQ2 was a bit of dissapointment for me when it came to the classes. These other changes sound pretty sweet though.
  • ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
    Awesome sauce, glad they finally made a forum.  Now all the GW2 fanbois, biodrones, SOE haters (people who never played SWG but read about the NGE) and various other morons can all descend upon every thread we start to hate on some major aspect of the game.

This made me laugh, because it's true. I look forward to the themer, 3-button, "I'm a programmer" crowd posting venom toward this game. Those guys are my favorite.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by Zorlofe
    Yeah the wait is killing me too. I just hope they get the classes right. EQ2 was a bit of dissapointment for me when it came to the classes. These other changes sound pretty sweet though.

The EQ2 you see today is 10 times different then what you seen in beta.   They really did a piss poor job in the development and if the game today was the game released it would be the most popular MMO.

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Snippet is taken from http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/184805/MMO_devs_will_lose_the_fight_against_content_churn_says_SOEs_Smedley.php#.UQhAuL9EFe-

Quote:

What he (Smed) is really itching to play, though, is the one game he can't talk much about: EverQuest Next

SOE has been dropping hints about the game for a while now, but Smedley says to expect a much bigger reveal this year. 

"There are times you know something and you're bursting to talk about it - and that is the case here," he says. "We're betting the company's future on this game. ... The last EverQuest game launched in 2005. We've blown up two design ideas over the last four years because they were too 'me too.' It wasn't enough of a change. We settled on a design that, when we looked at it, everyone in the room thought we were crazy. We gave it a week and came back, and we all said 'yeah, we're still crazy, but we can't get the idea out of our heads. ... It's going to be the world's largest sandbox game." 

EverQuest Next was a black box project for years - and it was only last month that Smedley and the team showed it to the EverQuest and EverQuest 2 teams. Smedley says he was so nervous the night before the presentation that he couldn't sleep - but that both teams received it enthusiastically. 

Players will have to wait a bit longer to try it themselves, but maybe not as long as you'd expect. "Players will get their hands on an actual release version of what we're doing late [this] year - and I don't mean a beta," says Smedley.

/SC

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

I read somewhere awhile ago that they said the classes where gonna be more like EQ1 than EQ2 so thats a plaus imo :)

• Kieren2Kieren2 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I want it to be out already!! image Hope this year atleast, or it will be old already! image
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Kieren2
    I want it to be out already!! image Hope this year atleast, or it will be old already! image

I want it to be out when they finish with it :P tomany games hurt them self by releasing a game before it is completed. You can expect some news on it in by August at the latest. i reckon they may be planning to release it in November intime for Christmas, SoE likes to release EQ and EQ2 expansions in November so would make sense that they would release EQ next in November aswell.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Can't wait...need moar eq nows nomnomnom

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    This is definately the biggest game on my radar. I hope they get it right.
  • ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by sanshi44

I read somewhere awhile ago that they said the classes where gonna be more like EQ1 than EQ2 so thats a plaus imo :)

That is definitely a plus! Good to hear!

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Nice one LOL.

Bring on EQNext, it's your time to shine Smed, bring back the king of 3D MMO's with a vengeance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKj36GJj_i8

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

That's right you read that, the classes will have more in common with EQ1 and now Vanguard which has classes that share more in common with EQ than EQ2 does.

I really hoping that Luclin is back as well because even though many didn't like the expansion, i loved it. I spent many a day in   Maidens Eye on my Val Shir Beastlord.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

there was alot of suggested info that came out 2.5 years ago at the fanfaire in summer 2010

http://eq2wire.com/2010/08/06/live-blog-eq-next/#more-5112

http://eq2wire.com/2010/08/07/live-blog-eqnext-panel2/

since then, there have been few updates, but we have been told

- they scrapped the old design

- old screenshots/pictures are invalid

- using the PS2 game engine

- will be sandbox

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    I hope they offer a subscription method for those wanting full access and maybe you know like bypass queue times.. I love that aspect of TERAs elite status.
  • ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    That's right you read that, the classes will have more in common with EQ1 and now Vanguard which has classes that share more in common with EQ than EQ2 does. I really hoping that Luclin is back as well because even though many didn't like the expansion, i loved it. I spent many a day in Maidens Eye on my Val Shir Beastlord.

What!? Vanguard classes were changed? That would be a vast improvement, IMO. I found their original classes quite odd; particularly the 'blood mage.' class. Sounded gross

Also spent zounds of hours in Maidens Eye in EQ1! High hopes for EQ Next.

Hey O.P. you aren't Senadin, Druid of Brell, are ya? Just checking.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

That's right you read that, the classes will have more in common with EQ1 and now Vanguard which has classes that share more in common with EQ than EQ2 does.

I really hoping that Luclin is back as well because even though many didn't like the expansion, i loved it. I spent many a day in   Maidens Eye on my Val Shir Beastlord.

Just pointing out that this information about EQ Next classes comes from the 2010 Fan Faire Q&A session. That was before the themepark they were designing was scrapped and replaced with the sandbox. It is unknown what about the classes and class design was moved from the themepark to the sandbox.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Well if this thread did nothing else it certainly did clarify that yes we have no new info on EQ NExt.
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by senadin

There really isnt anything new tho.

Last i read, and if you Google eq next you'll find it, is that Smedley showed the game to the SOE staff and everyone loved it.

It may not be news but they said they will have it playable at next Fan faire this fall. My take/guess is that we're looking at 2015 release.

Hummm so the Head of SOE showed the game off to SOE staff and they all loved it? Some surprise there aye?

Well there were rumors of one guy that didn't like it but he no longer works at SOE so he doesn't count. ;)

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by winter
    Originally posted by senadin There really isnt anything new tho. Last i read, and if you Google eq next you'll find it, is that Smedley showed the game to the SOE staff and everyone loved it. It may not be news but they said they will have it playable at next Fan faire this fall. My take/guess is that we're looking at 2015 release.  
     Hummm so the Head of SOE showed the game off to SOE staff and they all loved it? Some surprise there aye?

Well there were rumors of one guy that didn't like it but he no longer works at SOE so he doesn't count. ;)

LOL yes exactly, I bet the entire staff of SWTOR were cheering loudly even as the ship was sinking. In fact I can hear all of them (the ones that weren't fired) cheering right now.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I'd expect a huge increase in EQ:Next info over the next few months.

Planetside 2 has launched and is sailing along. The ForgeLight engine that powers PS2 has now been extensively tested on a live audience, so the EQ:Next devs have an advantage that the PS2 devs didn't have.

And as is usually the case, a lot of people who worked on building PS2 will now be shifted to EQ:Next. They already have a lot of experience of developing on the new engine, which should speed up the work on EQ:Next significantly.

SOE also need to line-up a new game release for their AAA-F2P strategy. The pre-purchase of "founder packs" and the initial rush of ingame currency purchases makes for a very nice cashflow spike when a F2P game is released. If SOE can squeeze 2 launches into one financial year, it will make the books look very good.

I know SOE haven't exactly shined in the game development area in the last few years, but they used to be a great studio in the early half of the last decade. And (if it can be believed) Smed's hype about EQ:Next really does make it sound like SOE are pulling-out all the stops to make "something different", and to reclaim their former glory. It remains to be seen if that will turn out to be "awesome different" or "awful different"...

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

The lighting effects and the way smoke works in that engine are awesome. I imagine spells will be crazy in EQNext if they utilize the engine's abilities.

Wonder what the combat will be like given that so many games are trending away from old school tab and target.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG,IM GETTING HYPED AGAIN!!!! OMG OMG OMG,PLEASE  PLEASE BE THE ONE TO SAVE ME!!!!!!

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote