Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Campaign 88: Allied Pity Map

Comments

• BodkinBarberBodkinBarber Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by CeTheGreat
    I get ya Pete , but most seem to be milking a dry cow. Are some of these guys that miserable where they just want to complain 24/7? I just don't get it, honestly

Aren't you on here on the pretense to support the game? All you do is trash the playerbase with a allies=good, axis=bad attitude. I remember you admitting that if an Antwerp situation happened to allies you'd be frustrated. Hypocrite much?

83 posts in 9 days, real casual poster (and you supposely post from your phone as well lol)...

• CeTheGreatCeTheGreat Member Posts: 84
    I didn't say axis are bad, I said axis are whiners. Surely an educated individual such as yourself can figure that out?

Antwerp? Yeah I'd be frustrated, but I'll say it again seeing you forgot....I wouldn't go calling foul ball and starting a conspiracy that CRS nerfed it. Huge difference. I'm the guy that will honk if I'm cut off on the road, some of you are the chase and kick their car kinda folk. It's ok, that's your way.

I live on my iPhone. I work 70hrs a week and use my phone for all, even posting in here with you fine human beings.

• ianstein29ianstein29 Member Posts: 11

Ce just asking, were you ever privy to some of the demands by the CRS staff toward the GHC?  I was and if you are in the actual know you will understand we followed what we were told but event after event has driven good players out of the game.   When players like Blood quit, the nicest fairest guy in the game, then CRS is making bad game decisions.  You coming on here defending CRS by saying everyone who disagrees is a whiner makes your point less effective. 

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

What about AHC?

This is a river that runs both ways - a lot of people here seem to feel the flow only affects them - well there wrong - it affects everyone and coming in here and trying to push the crap in one direction is in complete ignorance of the fact that they are making posts based upon years of "experience" of how diverse and the multitude of twists and turns that this game has experienced. All have ahd there effect, all eddy out into the lea's eventually.

In fact, to claim primacy or conspiracy here is the cloth that covers the table of "grudge".

• notextuonotextuo Member Posts: 3

So much complete and utter bs in this thread.

1) yeah a server reset happened when you were lowpop zerging twerp with your 220 Spawn delay. Why did you have such a delay? 4:1 anyone?

Boohoo unsub we didn't get it all our own way!!

2) The allies have recapped twerp 4 times in my memory. It hasn't been a massively important town in 5 years,

3) During 2008 and the summer where the allies smacked the axis so hard, so repeatedly we were told as HC "just because you can, do you thnk you should?" otherwise the axis would have won none. GHC could barely work out how to move a flag let alone put together a strategy. No one allied unsubbed, made of sterner stuff maybe?

4) Liege down to 1 AB and a server reset happened. Yes we were p'd after a 5 hour attack, we went back again and yep... no one unsubbed.

5) Every time any AHC gets p'd off enough, they go axis. Must be hard being led by such a bunch of whiney nerds.

6) bronco was banned not for being vocal. He was banned for repeatedly driving S76s in town upon town to fall off cliffs or drown. He was a grade A loser. There's your 'ban'.

I could go on but really, why bother? The axis with balls still play and fight. The ones wearing dresses left to whine on other forums, oh... like this one!

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by ianstein29
    Ce just asking, were you ever privy to some of the demands by the CRS staff toward the GHC?  I was and if you are in the actual know you will understand we followed what we were told but event after event has driven good players out of the game.   When players like Blood quit, the nicest fairest guy in the game, then CRS is making bad game decisions.  You coming on here defending CRS by saying everyone who disagrees is a whiner makes your point less effective. 

Oh come on now, unless you're still subscribed to the game, or in the high command still there's no reason to keep everyone else out of the loop.

A few weeks in to the game I was on teamspeak with some windhund members, I can't remember who it was but they said that being in the high command was about as fun as a "virtual PTA meeting" so I always stayed clear.

Originally posted by david06

Originally posted by ianstein29

Oh come on now, unless you're still subscribed to the game, or in the high command still there's no reason to keep everyone else out of the loop.

A few weeks in to the game I was on teamspeak with some windhund members, I can't remember who it was but they said that being in the high command was about as fun as a "virtual PTA meeting" so I always stayed clear.

HC is a tiring job in its current form and CRS want to further increase the responsibility that HC has which will only cause bad things.

a) Players will dislike a few players having even more power to dictate their gameplay

b) HC will be expected to do more than they already do (even though there isn't enough).

It's a downward spiral as if you make them do even more things then more players will leave HC meaning that those remaining will have to do even more so they will leave. In the end you'll have a few left. Likewise normally in HC the ones of less quality typically are pushed to the back with the more able ones doing things. If there is an exodus of both good and bad HC then you'll have more periods in game run by poor HC dictating to the remaining playerbase.

Originally posted by JanJansen

A big thank you to the owners of this forum...We are cratefull that we get a fair chance of telling our side of the story,somthing that is not possible on crs their forums which is ren like a south american bannana republic..

The good thing about a public forum related to this game is that it's much easier to keep in touch with players and the community.

It may sound a bit lame but right now I've found a group of ArmA2 players that get together once a week for a larger operation, about 50-60 guys usually. Sometimes we split in to teams and play against each other but most of the time we play a co-op scenario, like an air assault or something. It's a lot more fun than it sounds and great if you only have 1-3 hours to play on a weekend.

So while I was goofing off in the assembly area with these guys the other day I realized that I didn't really enjoy WW2online that much, and it was really the people that I was playing with that made it worthwhile. If/when the game goes belly up I'd like to figure out where everyone else migrates to and a place like this makes things much easier.

Of course if there's new content, some major rule changes or a bunch of old players are legitimately saying "hey, the game is awesome again" then this forum is great for communicating that kind of stuff as well, but unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Originally posted by JanJansen

A big thank you to the owners of this forum...We are cratefull that we get a fair chance of telling our side of the story,somthing that is not possible on crs their forums which is ren like a south american bannana republic..

The good thing about a public forum related to this game is that it's much easier to keep in touch with players and the community.

It may sound a bit lame but right now I've found a group of ArmA2 players that get together once a week for a larger operation, about 50-60 guys usually. Sometimes we split in to teams and play against each other but most of the time we play a co-op scenario, like an air assault or something. It's a lot more fun than it sounds and great if you only have 1-3 hours to play on a weekend.

So while I was goofing off in the assembly area with these guys the other day I realized that I didn't really enjoy WW2online that much, and it was really the people that I was playing with that made it worthwhile. If/when the game goes belly up I'd like to figure out where everyone else migrates to and a place like this makes things much easier.

Of course if there's new content, some major rule changes or a bunch of old players are legitimately saying "hey, the game is awesome again" then this forum is great for communicating that kind of stuff as well, but unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen.

I played ArmA2 with a bunch of guys from Tactical Gamer,  and I realized about the samething.   I honestly didnt like WWIIOfflines gameplay or mechanics, I loved the squadmembers.

It was much the same for Roma Victor, bad buggy, clunky game, but the community was what made the game great. 

So much crap, so little quality.

• mlinemline Member Posts: 14
    where'd JanJansen's thread go?

Originally posted by mline

I'm not sure, I guess it was modded.

• Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134

I'm not sure, I guess it was modded.

Must be some kind of cross board moderator cabal cruelly restricting our God given right to free speech

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

Silky must be a mod here too then ;)
    Either that or it was a load of bollo**s.

Hitting the report button isn't going to improve people's perceptions of what happened.

• XOOM-CRSXOOM-CRS Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Originally posted by Stug

On this forum? No such thing.

[email protected]
    Cornered Rat Software

Originally posted by XOOM-CRS

Fuel to the fire...

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207

You were a successful business owner with an attitude like this toward your customers?  How is that paintball business doing?

-Rig

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)
  • pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233
    And you wonder why people attack you personally Tilo.

http://www.cplebs.com/bge/index.html

Click news then scroll down to the bottom before trying to discredit a quality ghc vet who you wouldve played alongside before becoming a rat. Here the developer goads/baits hc to make a ToS violation and tries to guilt them into throwing campaign 82.

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

http://www.cplebs.com/bge/index.html

Click news then scroll down to the bottom before trying to discredit a quality ghc vet who you wouldve played alongside before becoming a rat. Here the developer goads/baits hc to make a ToS violation and tries to guilt them into throwing campaign 82.

I'm in shock....

I read it all, line for line.

I wonder if everyone else in CRS left because of him?

If he made more $$$ in Australia, perhaps he could go back if it's $$$ he cares about so much.

It's really a shame that most of the hatred people have for this game came about because of 1 dev.

Really sick to my stomach right now...

• Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134
    I'm more appalled by the dedication to anti-Allied photoshopping

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

A Game Manager goading players into saying something that will get them a ban...

Would he ever go onto allied HC and belittle any of their victories? Would he ever be so scornful of an allied squad that brought good team play? With such behaviour he doesn't just piss on the playerbase but pisses on every remaining CRS employee and every remaining investor.

E.g. (conservative estimate) game manager drives away 500 subscribers. Each subscriber pays through yearly subscription (cheaper than monthly so even more conservative) of $80 a year.

$80*500= $40,000 lost revenue each year

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by pittpete

Yes,  because my reply warrants personal attack right? lol.  Nice how you gloss over the unprofessionalism of  Xoom the Mesiah.

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)
    Originally posted by Rigamortis
    Originally posted by pittpete

Yes,  because my reply warrants personal attack right? lol.  Nice how you gloss over the unprofessionalism of  Xoom the Mesiah.

I see your not questioning the things that some players are saying on this forum, like someone who said that in a recent event people were flying multiple aircraft at once to make up numbers?

That's the sort of utter boll*cks I was talking about people posting  - happening again in another thread.