Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It is "Ark Age" not "Arch Age" say it right you freaks!

CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174

It makes me cringe when people pronounce it ARCH AGE... stop, at once.

Archeage = Ark Age. This is a fact.

Arch Age sounds horrible.

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

No no no...

It's:   Ar-Che-Ag-E

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574
    Sheesh, you could have just put a pronunciation guide up rather than insulting people.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i pronounce it arch because i like how it sounds that way. Also, if its so important to you that people say things the ¨right way¨, youll have to do something about every nationality in the world that tend to pronounce the same world differently due to their accents. I dont see the problem here. You are just bored :p

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    I hate -arch age-, I will always call it -Arc Age- or -Arc-key-ij- over that.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

A better thread than this regarding the same subject has already been created.

Pronunciation of ArcheAge

Ark-age, Arch-age, makes no never mind to me. Call it what ya'll want.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Its "darkage" if you use the Arnie accent :)
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Literally "First Age" Arche-Age. Same root as in Archaeology. The North continent is after all the Land of Origin. (Also a hint, all the diety names are classical  Greek, as is Arche...)

arche

2 ENTRIES FOUND:

1. arche
    2. arche-

ar·che

noun ?är?k?; är?k?, -?k?

pl ar·chai

Definition of ARCHE

: something that was in the beginning : a first principle:

a in early Greek philosophy : a substance or primal elementb in Aristotle : an actuating principle (as a cause)

Origin of ARCHE

Gk arch?, lit., beginning — more at archi-

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    If forum posts are pronouncing words to you wrong then i suggest you visit the doctor. Those voices you're hearing aren't real.
  • ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    I like to say it "Ark-Age".
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    I like to say it "Used Kitty Litter Tray"
  • BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Why people...
  • shingoukiehshingoukieh Member UncommonPosts: 126
    what about this one mmorpg called Archlord. do we call that Ark Lord....if so then WTF is an Ark Lord?? Would Noah from the bible be considered an Ark Lord?!?!?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    How about Garb Age? Or perhaps Cabb Age? ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505
    You have a special talent if you can tell how we're pronouncing words as we type.
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

To whoever is saying Arch and is hiding behind the internet. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA

I am laughing AT you.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197
    I like to pronounce it "Stoopid-uselss-thread"

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
  • xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

I thought it is Arch-e-Age

like arch-ae-o-logy

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174

There is a big difference between

Arch

and

Arche

a huge difference.

This thread was not meant to attack, it was meant to correct with instant ferocity.

This does not mean I am better than anyone. I learn new things all the time from these forums. This is just one of those things that needs to be fixed right now. It must be, it has to be.

It is pronounced ARK AGE and that is the end of it.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Kabaal
    If forum posts are pronouncing words to you wrong then i suggest you visit the doctor. Those voices you're hearing aren't real.

chuckle

And whatever drooling vegetable is talking in the video—he crawled out from under your fridge, anyway. He has much bigger problems than your random hate.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174
    It is so strange how nerds of all people lash out the most when they are corrected. We are supposed to be a community and you are supposed to be the elite, the brains of the nation. Act like it.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Archeology

ArcheAge

goddammit! :D

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Probably should have spelled it Arche Age then.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374
    it's A-rche-A-ge Brah
This discussion has been closed.