Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please do not believe the negativos on this forum right away, test it yourself!

Comments

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by naljeja

I have played for 2 weeks without a single crash, without a single DC, with 130 fps and 60 ping all along. I have had more fun the recent 3 weeks than i've had the last 2 years of DF 1 and in any other game, even if it's hard to play the game the same way in a beta.

Those who are hesitant shouldnt play the beta, because, well it is a beta to test things and adress things. If you think this beta is a free trial then i'm sorry to say you are a victim of the disgusting trend the last years of companies launching free catchy trials disguised as beta.. AV and DFuw beta is not 1 of them.

/signed hate it how companies misuse the beta tag so to speak. Beta is for testing, it's not a free trial.

Enjoy beta so far and getting ready to try out all the new changes of today.

PS: DF1 vets have told ppl not to defend DF:UW to try and force AV to bring back DF1 or something. So don't suck up all the negativity like a sponch. There are some real retards here.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Snoepie

tbh.. try this game out in 4/5 months and maybe they got a fully working game then..

So the first release date was just a fake then?

Why even have a release date 2012 when it's far away going gold?

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485
    Originally posted by Aragon100

tbh.. try this game out in 4/5 months and maybe they got a fully working game then..

i made peace with this company years ago..and just played the game..

the who or what or when question.. well lets say.. you ask them but i don''t think they even know them theirselves

take your worst experience with any mmo you ever played.. ( company wise) and multuply that feeling with 300%

Originally posted by Aragon100

i made peace with this company years ago..and just played the game..

the who or what or when question.. well lets say.. you ask them but i don''t think they even know them theirselves

take your worst experience with any mmo you ever played.. ( company wise) and multuply that feeling with 300%

Well the original title for this game was Darkfall 2010 so asking about release date is pretty much pointless hehe. But AV makes good decisions, not retarded onces like Funcom made with AoC or Bioware wasting the biggest budget in mmo history on a game called SWTOR. What a dissapointment that was... Wish AV had that kind of resources....

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96

WTF are you talking about OP? Yes the game is "playable" and yes the game might have a nice world but that doesn't mean shit if its not fun to play and is highly exploitable. 

Why do you think I stopped playing 2 weeks ago? Uh lets see I log on to see that fights go on forever because of the stupid stat management, combat is highly gear dependent now, and when I went to PvE most of not all the mobs were bugged (e.g standing still) and being exploited. 

Combat involved people running to and from safe zones, and endless fights. 

Oh and housing was disabled. Oh and grinding and macroing is still ingame. UI sucks. 

What sandbox fun. 

Im sorry DF1 was way more fun and had more content and freedom.

Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic

Oh and grinding and macroing is still ingame. 

This is what I'm most concerned about. I thought this was supposed to be "fixed" in DFUW, but I've read a lot around here that it's not. 

Has AV said anything about this recently?

I don't think they will even acknowledge it, it is just a feature that is included in their hardcore MMO. I guess AV sees it as a given to any European MMO since anything less would eliminate progression. 

However this is false I shouldn't have to craft 100 chain armors to increase my armorsmithing by 3. 

As it stood in beta when I paid you HAD to grind pointlessly. First of all to be competitive in PvP, and second of all to get anything done. 

Let me explain. So obviously I started the game with nothing like everybody does. So in order for me to get even the basics to combat like a sword and decent armor, I had 2 choices

a) go farm ore and create my own

b) use the economy

Both of these are broken. First of all I couldn't even use B because there is no economy. Unless you are clanned literally nobody is buying or selling - this worries me. The ONLY way to trade is via chat channel. There are no stalls, no auction house, etc. Just chat.

Furthermore farming ore and wood is extremely boring and most time fails which makes it more frustrating. So I had to ride around the empty world while looking for AFK miners and killing them. Great so I did that and got 200 ore. I go back and use all that ore to grind up my smithing to at least get banded armor. I kid you not of the 200 ore 40% of it fails during the smelting process and the rest increased my smithing by approximately 0.8. Out of 25 required to make banded.

Now this wouldn't really be an issue if the game wasn't so gear dependent. So I think screw it, with enough skill I *should* be able to take down a dude in banded, right? So I find a player and proceed to hit him for 5x the amount he hits me only to see his health move a sliver. Woops turns out I need at least a rank 20 weapon to do any dmg to him despite my superior aim. And since there's no trade I am once again forced to mine boring ore.

I swear its like AV adds features to make you more pissed and does nothing when features are needed. Hey AV how about a decent trading system? Or what about a player policing system? A bounty system? Events that promote PvP?

I swear its like AV adds features to make you more pissed and does nothing when features are needed. Hey AV how about a decent trading system? Or what about a player policing system? A bounty system? Events that promote PvP?

go take your pills and chill

Originally posted by benseine

go take your pills and chill

Yeah, I'm the one that's mentally unstable for requesting features from incompetent AV. 

You're the retard. I'm a consumer who knows what Im talking about. 

Everyone that is in beta mostly hate it and want DF1 back for lack of sand in sandbox, stripped content, etc. 

Expecting a great game from a team led by Tasos, is like expecting a masterful painting from a talentless painter.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Originally posted by loveForMmos
    my point was: TRY IT OUT, you are the only judge

That would mean giving AV some of my money, again. No, thanks.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    It should be called Darkfall: Vapor Wars. Wasn't the original in development for like a decade? Yeah, I don't think we're gonna see this game anytime soon.
  • RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Yo, they really need to drop the NDA. Most of the stuff you guys complained about has been fixed and the vets got a bunch of videos in their pockets to drop on youtube when the time will come.

AV, too stupid to drop the NDA so we can't tell you how better it's getting. A real beta is obviously bad and exploitable at the start, but gets better after each weeks. You guys are missing out. Difference between DF UW and DF beta" DF was released when it was not even ready. That's why super hybrids existed for example.

I'm super selectif when it comes down to gaming. IF it was not for DF, i would not play any mmorpg's and i play a total of 3 games only and suprisingly, DF UW is one of them. It's in a playable state as we speak.

Only reason not to play currently is to not start all over when game will release. This is why  i don't go balls deep yet in that spiral.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Yo, they really need to drop the NDA. Most of the stuff you guys complained about has been fixed and the vets got a bunch of videos in their pockets to drop on youtube when the time will come.

AV, too stupid to drop the NDA so we can't tell you how better it's getting. A real beta is obviously bad and exploitable at the start, but gets better after each weeks. You guys are missing out. Difference between DF UW and DF beta" DF was released when it was not even ready. That's why super hybrids existed for example.

I'm super selectif when it comes down to gaming. IF it was not for DF, i would not play any mmorpg's and i play a total of 3 games only and suprisingly, DF UW is one of them. It's in a playable state as we speak.

Only reason not to play currently is to not start all over when game will release. This is why  i don't go balls deep yet in that spiral.

Tell me you you joking ..right ?  Droping the NDA and hell would break loose all over this place and  hell means negativity and pain over the current state.

They put the NDA for a reason i think..

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174
    I'm so tired of "NDA" and how seriously super nerds take it. If you are making a new game that has potential to be a competitor... your competitors are in your beta, that is a gurantee. Stop with the top secret nerd bs. Show the world what you have, accept the criticism and thrive from it.
    Originally posted by Cothor
    I'm so tired of "NDA" and how seriously super nerds take it. If you are making a new game that has potential to be a competitor... your competitors are in your beta, that is a gurantee. Stop with the top secret nerd bs. Show the world what you have, accept the criticism and thrive from it.

There's no nerd in the world who respect the NDA rules. No sush thing. I only respect the rules in here cuz if i don't, they might ban me for a month. On youtube DF1 videos, you see posters breaking the NDA everydays. Just click on a random old video and you will see. 

I lift too much to keep my mouth shut and after a training session, i shake so much that i need to compensate, so i type. Breaking the NDA is a good way to relax.

Plus, we payed to play the beta. It's 15$ a month, this is not a secret. Why the hell would we keep our mouth shut? What if we're not satisfied for the shit we payed? AV will be AV.

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459

There's no nerd in the world who respect the NDA rules. No sush thing. I only respect the rules in here cuz if i don't, they might ban me for a month. On youtube DF1 videos, you see posters breaking the NDA everydays. Just click on a random old video and you will see. 

I lift too much to keep my mouth shut and after a training session, i shake so much that i need to compensate, so i type. Breaking the NDA is a good way to relax.

Plus, we payed to play the beta. It's 15$ a month, this is not a secret. Why the hell would we keep our mouth shut? What if we're not satisfied for the shit we payed? AV will be AV.

I am glad you like DF:UW.  

Unfortunately for Aventurine there are 10 who say they don't like it for every 1 that does.  Considering they already have an underwhelming population problem... DF:UW will undergo a quicker population "death-spiral" than DF1.

A game like DF:UW needs a certain population playing at all times to be fun (just like DF1).  When that critical mass dips below the "fun factor" level; more and more players stop playing... which leads to an even greater disparity between the population that is needed and those who are playing.  

Hence the term "death-spiral".  

For your sake I hope the game survives and even thrives.  Sadly, your biggest enemy in accomplishing that will be Tasos and Aventurine.  image

Originally posted by xzyax

I am glad you like DF:UW.  

Unfortunately for Aventurine there are 10 who say they don't like it for every 1 that does.  Considering they already have an underwhelming population problem... DF:UW will undergo a quicker population "death-spiral" than DF1.

A game like DF:UW needs a certain population playing at all times to be fun (just like DF1).  When that critical mass dips below the "fun factor" level; more and more players stop playing... which leads to an even greater disparity between the population that is needed and those who are playing.  

Hence the term "death-spiral".  

For your sake I hope the game survives and even thrives.  Sadly, your biggest enemy in accomplishing that will be Tasos and Aventurine.  image

They say they don't like it because they are nostalgic. It doesnt mean that DF UW is terrible. DFO was better than any mmorpg released and better than any future mmo's. Still, it doesnt mean that every single mmorpg suck because of that. DF UW is better then the rest so that's why i'm hooked with UW. There's nothing else coming out that intrigues me. Elder scrolls online will fail anyway. Eve online? Don't make me laugh. More target based sandox and bugged or that bad gme named mortal online.

So you think the reason not enough ppl are playing is because the game is terrible or what ever you want to believe? Just know that, you are wrong. DFO was good and guess what. There was not more than 200-300 players for both server combined. Why? Because of the upcoming Wipe everyone was waiting for.

In DF UW, no one wants to grind only to do it all over again. The game was supposed to be ready  released 2-3 months ago. No one with the right mind plays a beta for too long. We are tired of grinding and grinding only to do it again after release. Not only that, but for the 1st time, we need to pay monthly for a beta. Wait for the release of the game before you judge.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Im testing it atm, and the game is a pile of steaming dung.....

Sorry the little sandbox aspects DF 1 had are gone, the combat is slow and basic, they put in classes and call them roles...., sorry anyone reading this dont waste your money on DFUW i played the original for 3 years and nejoyed almost every minute of it, but this is not the same hardly.

Keep waiting for another mmo, as DFUW is not the game you want to play, unless you  enjoy bad balance, horrible community of kids and hackers and most of all an incomplete game.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm
    I'd recommand potential players the complete opposite and instead wait for a "Launch" of the game.

I'd go a step further and wait for some legitimate reviews.  I can hear the viral marketing train rounding the bend.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by loveForMmos
    my point was: TRY IT OUT, you are the only judge

If the beta was going so well.

1. There wouldn't be an NDA (2 months after the game was touted ready for commercial release)

2. They'd have an open beta, as in FREE

Its easy to say "try it out",  yet you fail to point out the $15-30 required to do so. 

Originally posted by Salenger

Sorry the little sandbox aspects DF 1 had are gone, the combat is slow and basic, they put in classes and call them roles...., sorry anyone reading this dont waste your money on DFUW i played the original for 3 years and nejoyed almost every minute of it, but this is not the same hardly.

Keep waiting for another mmo, as DFUW is not the game you want to play, unless you  enjoy bad balance, horrible community of kids and hackers and most of all an incomplete game.

There's nothing wrong with classes. Atleast, it's better then super hybrids good at doing everything. 

Even in most sandbox game with a skill cap, at the end, everyone follows the same template. In these games like mortal online and their 1000 points distribution, there's the hybrid, melee and mounted archers. It's basically like if MO had 3 classes. Darkfall unholy wars will have a total of 8 classes when the game will be completed if you look at the official upcoming role and schools from the website. 

IF DF UW is not a sandbox, then DFO was not a sandbox too. In DFO, you din't build your city and house anywhere you wanted. If you macroed, you had the possibly to learn everything in the game at their best. There was nothing sandbox about DFO except for the full loot and open world pvp, but even these are not sandbox, it's just open world and full loot and conquest. 

• nuclearpingnuclearping Member Posts: 15

There's nothing wrong with classes. Atleast, it's better then super hybrids good at doing everything. 

Even in most sandbox game with a skill cap, at the end, everyone follows the same template. In these games like mortal online and their 1000 points distribution, there's the hybrid, melee and mounted archers. It's basically like if MO had 3 classes. Darkfall unholy wars will have a total of 8 classes when the game will be completed if you look at the official upcoming role and schools from the website. 

IF DF UW is not a sandbox, then DFO was not a sandbox too. In DFO, you din't build your city and house anywhere you wanted. If you macroed, you had the possibly to learn everything in the game at their best. There was nothing sandbox about DFO except for the full loot and open world pvp, but even these are not sandbox, it's just open world and full loot and conquest. 

Everything is wrong with classes in a game like DF. It is not only the classes it is the freedom they take off you and put restrictions and limitations on instead.

Furthermore you cannot balance a class-system to make it scale properly in 1v1, 2v2, small scale, large scale, sieges, ...

In DF1 everyone had access to everything, so there was no real imbalance. Additionally there were lots of ways how to fix DF1, but AV decided to go the Theme Park way to make more $$$.

Originally posted by nuclearping

Furthermore you cannot balance a class-system to make it scale properly in 1v1, 2v2, small scale, large scale, sieges, ...

This is wrong. Destroyers, mages and hybrids were the 3 different classes In DFO. You didnt play if you ddint know that and they were all good for sieges, 1v1, 2v2, 1v3...

These 3 classes were balanced enough to compete against each others. Bad destroyers and hybrids did get flawlessed, but pro gamers like Itwas Luck where there to prove that these 3 classes were still balanced. If it was not for them, probably no one would be there to take the time to get better with these template and showing to everyone on youtube that they are good afterall. Itwas luck, only destroyers who kept winning tournaments. 

If you think DFO was hard, then you are also wrong. DF UW is harder. In DFO, the best tactic was to debuff your opponent with everything you hadf(4 debuffs was enough). I had a plate helmet and full bone, i killed subzero once, who was in infernal because i stacked 4 debuffs on him with each at level 50. My character was mini maxed with Q1 elementals. 

Originally posted by nuclearping

Everything is wrong with classes in a game like DF. It is not only the classes it is the freedom they take off you and put restrictions and limitations on instead.

In DF1 everyone had access to everything, so there was no real imbalance. Additionally there were lots of ways how to fix DF1, but AV decided to go the Theme Park way to make more $$$.

[QUOTE=Mycke;5903389] Yea because there are so many companies wanting to make a fool loot pvp game.

I know some of you want UW to fail or whatever, but the truth is until a game of this type shows it can make money we won't see many games of this type. DF may not be perfect or even fun to some, but the only way we will likely ever get a great game of this type is for many companies to go this direction so eventually someone will do it really well.

[/QUOTE]

Just red this on DF forum. Listen to ppl like this and don't be so narrow minded and short sighted. Jeez

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485
    Originally posted by Salenger

lol wut?

sandbox? is limiting the choices of players by forcing them into roles.. ahh yes your right there..

Sorry to say.. but DFO already almost zero sandbox elements.. and UW is now even worse..

Eevery one who kept playing 1.0.. was playing the game for the competetive combat and gameplay..

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Sure. If it was free. Though I have no proof.  I believe my lackof reflex means I won't get very far in the core element of the game.  I have nothing against the game personally but I don't want to pay to be "prison raped".   Lol but ill do it for free though ( play the game that is.  Not the other)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin