Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GM Dev Update Jan 28, 2013

MogusMogus Anderson, OHMember Posts: 169

We have completed seamlessly linking all 1,024 Height Map's into Hero and have begun the scultping of the world's climates starting with the Grass Lands Climate.

I have hired 2 new World Builders to aid in the World Building Process who are now active on the GM Forums and posting updates, the latest of which is their completion of the Height Map Import/Linking.

The Architect Housing Tool models have been imported into Hero. So far we have all of the building models for Grass Lands and Desert Lands housing. Next in line are the Arctic Buildings and the Tropical Lands which should be completed within the next 30 days. While that is taking place by Vince, James P. is converting the Code of the Unity Tool into Hero Scripting which is off to a nice start so far. We expect to have the completed tool ready prior to the final climate models for Volcanic Lands.

The massive importing of our initial 3D Art Assets from Unity into Hero has been daunting and is well under way with approx 200 models imported daily.

The Parcel Distribution, though having been a major headache to date is finally starting to finalize on the forums. Meaning, the accuracy of initial form data is being scrutinized and all parcel allocations being reviews by Backers and any corrections or changes being made now prior to final confirmation of said parcel assignments.

Once the above is completed, we will dive back into the Combat/Spell and Skills System which will lead into Resource Gathering and Crafting.

More updates when we have more to present.

Thank you.

Tagged:

www.greedmonger.com
Did you like Ultima Online? Then you'll LOVE Greed Monger!

Comments

• RPGForeverRPGForever PortoviejoMember Posts: 120 Common
    Thanks for the updating Mr. Appleton. I have a question: how will you balance the housing in different climates? I mean, is there any advantage/disadvantage in living in determined climates? (Desert is a desert!) Unique resources in any climate perhaps? So the economy could keep moving. What are you planning regarding this? Thanks.
  • MogusMogus Anderson, OHMember Posts: 169
    Each climate will have it's own resources.

www.greedmonger.com
    Did you like Ultima Online? Then you'll LOVE Greed Monger!

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIMember Posts: 8,839 Rare

Sounds good.

Make sure the game runs well. The current trend in western mmos requires players to have a degree in computer graphics to get 20fps.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Camloops, ABMember Posts: 166

any ETA on closed/open beta?

just wondering

• JamesPJamesP Portland, MEMember Posts: 479 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Dantae87
    any ETA on closed/open beta? just wondering

It will be decided once we are through with our Alpha tests

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive
    Greed Monger

http://www.greedmonger.net/forum/index.php

• ReliiqueReliique SpbMember Posts: 53

Hello guys, you still recruiting world builders? You provide a licence or you want us to buy Heroengine for 99$?

I'm 29 years old and been thinking about making a sandbox mmorpg, instead of suicide mission without any coding skills I decided to search for a team, so I can concentrate on things I love and like. Gamer since happy Sega megadrive times :)

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Niagara Falls, NYMember Posts: 3,675 Uncommon
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Sounds good.   Make sure the game runs well. The current trend in western mmos requires players to have a degree in computer graphics to get 20fps.

That is soooo not true, and my computer is far from top of the line.