Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Camelot Unchained: RvR is the ONLY Game

13»

Comments

• ZefireZefire lol, CAPosts: 676Member

I can judge only form the title of the game that it will suck balls.

First we got age of conan unchained and now camelot unchained

It's very clear that the people behind this game have no imagination.Not even for creating a unique game title.

• TheocritusTheocritus Gary, INPosts: 3,731Member Uncommon
    RVR is only fun if you don't spend 95% of hte time either CCd or being one shot by stealthers.....While many feel that DAoC was the greatest, these two things actually ruined the experience for me....WAR also had too much CC in combat and it was boring as heck at the later levels.
  • danielduendedanielduende BrasPosts: 2Member
    I had great times at Warhammer Online RvR, but it got somewhat stale after some (long) time. I hope CU brings us something new in it's RvR.
  • boxsndboxsnd Kraxton, ARPosts: 438Member Common
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    RVR is only fun if you don't spend 95% of hte time either CCd or being one shot by stealthers.....While many feel that DAoC was the greatest, these two things actually ruined the experience for me....WAR also had too much CC in combat and it was boring as heck at the later levels.

The only people who complain about being 95% of the time CC'ed never bothered to learn how to PvP.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• xSyngexxSyngex streetsboro, OHPosts: 44Member
    I would love a DAoC 2 ..... but this guy.. No PVE?? go back to Ipad apps .. 
  • xSyngexxSyngex streetsboro, OHPosts: 44Member

Fuck we Have DAoC and WAR,, and GW GW2

• kueykuey SydneyPosts: 39Member
    Originally posted by rmk70
    This project is starting to feel likes it's getting high on itself... Cool down guys. We get you'll be a niche game.... More niche than they're probably are expecting with the plans they've unveiled so far... 

Agree with this. From everything they've said, it feels like the target market is going to be quite small.

Can't really say that's a bad thing though, every niche needs its own game. Let's just hope the niche is big enough to make the game successful.

• VorthanionVorthanion Laguna Vista, TXPosts: 2,117Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by boxsnd

The only people who complain about being 95% of the time CC'ed never bothered to learn how to PvP.

Forcing people to lose control of their characters in PvP is a cheesy tactic that should never take place period.  If you can't win combat without stun locking or chain mezzing, then you're the one who needs to learn to play.  Mythic aknowledged this problem when making WAR and promised to make crowd control less of an issue and they actually did at release, then as time went on, they kept increasing the need for and the frequency of crowd control skills to the point that characters could be locked down the entire battle with no recourse to fight back.  This need for the PvP crowd to have helpless cannon fodder on the battlefield is repulsive and indicative of the pathetic human beings they are.

• boxsndboxsnd Kraxton, ARPosts: 438Member Common
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    Originally posted by boxsnd

Forcing people to lose control of their characters in PvP is a cheesy tactic that should never take place period.  If you can't win combat without stun locking or chain mezzing, then you're the one who needs to learn to play.  Mythic aknowledged this problem when making WAR and promised to make crowd control less of an issue and they actually did at release, then as time went on, they kept increasing the need for and the frequency of crowd control skills to the point that characters could be locked down the entire battle with no recourse to fight back.  This need for the PvP crowd to have helpless cannon fodder on the battlefield is repulsive and indicative of the pathetic human beings they are.

Stun locking and chain mezzing in DAoC? You must be confused.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Vorth

Cc got better in war over time, they changed it so all cc broke on damage. Worst cc systems are wow style ones where you can take damage while stunned / feared or whatever. In wow style games, cc is just a part of the damage rotation, not a tactical choice.
  • shadeviceshadevice memphis, TNPosts: 68Member
    Originally posted by bcbully
    He sure is saying the right things.

I like what I'm reading as well but when its all put together is the game a cheap processed meal or a five star cousine? Only time will tell. 

• fuzzylogic11fuzzylogic11 Westminster, COPosts: 56Member

Let me start out by saying that I am/was a huge daoc fan. It was "that game" for me. I am worried that pure pvp focused game will not do well in the long run. Daoc was great because of the different aspects that it covered. All of them somewhat connected to each other. The crafters could help out the RVR effort with catapults and reinforcing doors and the dungeon crawlers helped gear up the RvR'ers. Now I know we don’t know too much about that game yet but it looks like pvp is going to be the main focus. It seems like a bad idea to me in making this the main focused. The other aspects are needed to bring in all different types of players.

• shadeviceshadevice memphis, TNPosts: 68Member
    Originally posted by fuzzylogic11

Let me start out by saying that I am/was a huge daoc fan. It was "that game" for me. I am worried that pure pvp focused game will not do well in the long run. Daoc was great because of the different aspects that it covered. All of them somewhat connected to each other. The crafters could help out the RVR effort with catapults and reinforcing doors and the dungeon crawlers helped gear up the RvR'ers. Now I know we don’t know too much about that game yet but it looks like pvp is going to be the main focus. It seems like a bad idea to me in making this the main focused. The other aspects are needed to bring in all different types of players.

They aren't concerned with all types of players. The game's target is a nich audience. Also RVR is the game yes, they aren't aiming for DAOC 2.0. 

Perhaps they will combine a highly social community inside the game with the RVR aspect, instead of needing mindless NPCs to fight, players rely on each other to gear themselves against a common foe. Hence the crafting aspect and it's high importance.

13»