Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how low can you go?

KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
To anyone that has played, how low of a system do you think could handle it at say.. 20-30 fps ? I know my desktop will handle anything, I'm curious about my ultrabook. The i5, HD4000 will run start trek perfectly fine.

Comments

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439

That should be fine.  This is a desktop machine that I built in 2008, and it runs it like a champ. Here are my specs, nothing to write home about.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120821-1629)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q8200  @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs)

Memory: 3264MB RAM

Page File: 811MB used, 4339MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 9800 GTX+

Display Memory: 512.0 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0013.0142 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

awesome, thanks for the quick response. I wish the big founder pack was $59, then I'd pay and find out on my own :/ oh well, patience. I figured it probably would, just nice to know.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by Kilrain

awesome, thanks for the quick response. I wish the big founder pack was $59, then I'd pay and find out on my own :/ oh well, patience. I figured it probably would, just nice to know.

since it's still in beta, the game is probably not optimized the best for every PC so at release it would run much better than it would in beta. Most likely :)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

yeah for sure, been in many betas. Just wanted an idea from where it stands right now. Looks promising .
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

the $59 founder pack gets you into this beta weekend FYI.

Yeah I know, it's just my opinion that the $59 would be worth it if it was the bigger pack, $29 for the other one. I just think they were a tad greedy with them.
  • jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
     I just think they were a tad greedy with them.

In my opinion can't judge a game by what it offers as an incentive with other B2P or P2P things, when other AAA games out there make you buy it just to play the game to begin with.

Originally posted by jdnyc
     I just think they were a tad greedy with them.

In my opinion can't judge a game by what it offers as an incentive with other B2P or P2P things, when other AAA games out there make you buy it just to play the game to begin with.

What are you on about? I was stating an opinion about the prices of their starter packs. My opinion, no everyones. This had absolutely nothing to do with judging a game, just the price of their starter packs. Re-read what I said, maybe you'll understand better.