Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning player, wat do?

Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
Alright so I just recently got back into the swing of things after quitting a month after launch. My question to you fellow players is how is the game doing from a mostly PvP standpoint? I'm sure there is plenty of fun pve content but how do the pvp venues look? Is it still mostly sieging or are there other forms of structured pvp like battlegrounds or arena? I'm aware at launch there was dredgion but that was a snooze fest so really I'm asking as mentioned earlier.

Comments

• Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    Also If anyone could clarify how things go with the 64-bit client, cant see anything recent other than old posts saying that its officially broken in the west thanks to NCwest and we will never see a 64 bit.
  • EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

64 bit client is fully working, so you don't have to worry about that.

The game is way better than it was at launch, pvp especially.   For PvP, you now have daily arenas that you can do, and since they made it so that all the servers can get matched with each other, it's super easy to find a quick match.   Every day you get 2 tickets that you can use to do different arenas.   They have a 7 day limit, so you can each use them up each day or save them up on the weekends.   One of the tickets can be used for a 1v1 arena or a 10 player ffa arena.   The other ticket is used for a 3v3 team battle arena.   If you win the 3v3 team battle arena, you can get tickets for a 4 player ffa arena that's only open on the weekends.  

6v6 Dredgion is still there, and it occurs 3 times a day.   There's a new central PvP area where a lot of people go called 'The Eye', where people mostly go to PvP.   The 55-60 areas also become pvp zones starting late night for 30 minutes each hour, and people group up and pvp around outposts (outposts are still pvp disabled).

Gear is a LOT easier to get than during launch, PvE especially.   There are a ton of daily quests you can do to get end game PvE gear fairly painlessly.   The AP costs for the 30, 40 and 50 PvP sets have been drastically reduced.   You can get arena PvP gear for level 55 and 60 (although they're harder to get now for new players IMO).   AP is pretty easy to get compared to launch so even the best level 60 PvP gear isn't out of reach for a new player.  

Originally posted by EvilestTwin

64 bit client is fully working, so you don't have to worry about that.

The game is way better than it was at launch, pvp especially.   For PvP, you now have daily arenas that you can do, and since they made it so that all the servers can get matched with each other, it's super easy to find a quick match.   Every day you get 2 tickets that you can use to do different arenas.   They have a 7 day limit, so you can each use them up each day or save them up on the weekends.   One of the tickets can be used for a 1v1 arena or a 10 player ffa arena.   The other ticket is used for a 3v3 team battle arena.   If you win the 3v3 team battle arena, you can get tickets for a 4 player ffa arena that's only open on the weekends.  

6v6 Dredgion is still there, and it occurs 3 times a day.   There's a new central PvP area where a lot of people go called 'The Eye', where people mostly go to PvP.   The 55-60 areas also become pvp zones starting late night for 30 minutes each hour, and people group up and pvp around outposts (outposts are still pvp disabled).

Gear is a LOT easier to get than during launch, PvE especially.   There are a ton of daily quests you can do to get end game PvE gear fairly painlessly.   The AP costs for the 30, 40 and 50 PvP sets have been drastically reduced.   You can get arena PvP gear for level 55 and 60 (although they're harder to get now for new players IMO).   AP is pretty easy to get compared to launch so even the best level 60 PvP gear isn't out of reach for a new player.  

By fully working do you mean that you have to edit the files and if so could you point me toward a more recent guide? Because I noticed that my client is still 32 and the engine looks nothing like some of the 64bit K-Aion screenshots. Also you mentioned the arenas, I assume they give you AP? I assume this "Eye" is like the ground based abyss introduced a while back? Your explanation of the 55-60 zone becoming pvp hot spots 30 min of each hour why exactly? Is that just where players gather?

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

You can use the 64 bit client by going to the NCSoft launcher, clicking on Aion properties, and typing in -64 in the options field I think.  I switch between 32 and 64 bit that way as sometimes an update will break the 64 bit client.   They usually fix it within a few days though.

Arenas give both AP and special currency called crucible and courage insignias.   I think you get around 2K AP for the 1v1, 5K AP for the 3v3, and for the 4 player FFA, from 5K just for particpating to 35K for being first place.  

The Eye is a special zone in the level 60 area where there are a lot of special mobs that drop keys that you can use to open AP chests.  There are 3 type of chests, with the green chests containing anywhere from 2-10K AP, blue chests 5-20K AP, and gold chests 10-30K AP (and L110 stone too possibly).   There's also pvp dailies that you have to do in the eye too, so there's a lot of incentive for people to play there.   Although, depending on the time of day and server you're on, it could be completely lopsided regarding to the eylos vs asmo population.

So there's 2 L55+ zones in 3.0.   Sarpan and Tiamantara.   Sarpan is pretty much a pure PvE map, with some specific areas that are open to pvp, but you'll rarely find anyone there.   Tiamantara also is divided into pvp and pve sections, but there are a lot more pvp zones and because there's a lot of repeatable quests that give AP in those zones, you'll find people occasionally to pvp.   With 3.7, AT around midnight to 1am PST, The entire zone becomes a pvp zone for 30 minutes at a time (although sometimes it's one hour, the time rotation is a bit different for each day) every hour.   A lot of people gather for mass pvp around this time.

Originally posted by EvilestTwin

You can use the 64 bit client by going to the NCSoft launcher, clicking on Aion properties, and typing in -64 in the options field I think.  I switch between 32 and 64 bit that way as sometimes an update will break the 64 bit client.   They usually fix it within a few days though.

Arenas give both AP and special currency called crucible and courage insignias.   I think you get around 2K AP for the 1v1, 5K AP for the 3v3, and for the 4 player FFA, from 5K just for particpating to 35K for being first place.  

The Eye is a special zone in the level 60 area where there are a lot of special mobs that drop keys that you can use to open AP chests.  There are 3 type of chests, with the green chests containing anywhere from 2-10K AP, blue chests 5-20K AP, and gold chests 10-30K AP (and L110 stone too possibly).   There's also pvp dailies that you have to do in the eye too, so there's a lot of incentive for people to play there.   Although, depending on the time of day and server you're on, it could be completely lopsided regarding to the eylos vs asmo population.

So there's 2 L55+ zones in 3.0.   Sarpan and Tiamantara.   Sarpan is pretty much a pure PvE map, with some specific areas that are open to pvp, but you'll rarely find anyone there.   Tiamantara also is divided into pvp and pve sections, but there are a lot more pvp zones and because there's a lot of repeatable quests that give AP in those zones, you'll find people occasionally to pvp.   With 3.7, AT around midnight to 1am PST, The entire zone becomes a pvp zone for 30 minutes at a time (although sometimes it's one hour, the time rotation is a bit different for each day) every hour.   A lot of people gather for mass pvp around this time.

Thanks a lot for the info :D