Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pleasantly surprised by the population in game.

2»

Comments

• BraavosiBraavosi Member Posts: 149
    I would play again if they had pvp server still. 
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by allegria
    Originally posted by Starpower
    Originally posted by Zorgo
    The headcount doesn't lie. It shows more people online than have been in years and years. Which means it would be easier to group than in years and years. Is it as easy to group as with a random dungeon finder mechanic? No. Are you going to always get a group for the exact quest you want? No. Will you be more likely to get a group at your level range? Yes.  Have people been exibiting behavior such as switching to alts or mentoring? Yes. 

Is it easy to group in Vangaurd? Depends on what you define as 'easy'.

It's easier than finding mid-lvl groups in EQ. It's a lot harder than getting a group in WoW. 

Is it easier to group in vanguard than it has been in years? Yes, no question.

well said sir.

Yup he is probably the only one of the two of you that actually made sense and has a point, which is why I'm not going to comment on it

But we are in dire need of more comments from people that don't play vanguard ... No really !!

And I haven't even pointed out that a lot of those people play several accounts at once which probably even lowers the amount of people you actually have to play with much more. F2P making that more likely than not.

For all we know, a big part of that population boost could just be people making more accounts to help them out now that it's free. There's no question people do this, the question is just how many... what would be your guess? 10%, 20%.. 50%? Lets do some guesswork just for fun

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682
    The headcount doesn't lie. It shows more people online than have been in years and years. Which means it would be easier to group than in years and years. Is it as easy to group as with a random dungeon finder mechanic? No. Are you going to always get a group for the exact quest you want? No. Will you be more likely to get a group at your level range? Yes.  Have people been exibiting behavior such as switching to alts or mentoring? Yes. 

It's easier than finding mid-lvl groups in EQ. It's a lot harder than getting a group in WoW. 

well said sir.

Yup he is probably the only one of the two of you that actually made sense and has a point, which is why I'm not going to comment on it

But we are in dire need of more comments from people that don't play vanguard ... No really !!

And I haven't even pointed out that a lot of those people play several accounts at once which probably even lowers the amount of people you actually have to play with much more. F2P making that more likely than not.

For all we know, a big part of that population boost could just be people making more accounts to help them out now that it's free. There's no question people do this, the question is just how many... what would be your guess? 10%, 20%.. 50%? Lets do some guesswork just for fun

Can i ask a simple question. What is your goal by counting folks online, for a game you do not play ?  Including posting incorrect assumptions about how people are playing the game and incorrect assumptions about how many people are boxing etc...

If your goal is to figure out how easy grouping is, there is only one way to figure that out and that is to play the game.. If you are not going to play vanguard and are just here trolling... which is what seems to be your purpose here.. perhaps we should just report you for trolling... but If you have some real purpose other than that i would like to understand it.

• DizzlerDizzler Member Posts: 231

well said sir.

Why are you even in this thread?...  You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. For some reason you are just trying to bash a game with assumptions and simply put BS? What i dont understand is if you obviously do not like this game why do you make such an effort to post in the "VANGUARD" forums?

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Played the other day, still too buggy. They could literally get rid of 98% of the current bugs and still have more then every other current MMO.
    Originally posted by justtires

well said sir.

Why are you even in this thread?...  You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. For some reason you are just trying to bash a game with assumptions and simply put BS? What i dont understand is if you obviously do not like this game why do you make such an effort to post in the "VANGUARD" forums?

Who says I don't like the game? I challenge you to find a post where I say something negative about the game personally. talking about its population is hardly hating the game

Why so emo about a few posts? Calm down and have a cookie

well said sir.

Can i ask a simple question. What is your goal by counting folks online, for a game you do not play ?  Including posting incorrect assumptions about how people are playing the game and incorrect assumptions about how many people are boxing etc...

If your goal is to figure out how easy grouping is, there is only one way to figure that out and that is to play the game.. If you are not going to play vanguard and are just here trolling... which is what seems to be your purpose here.. perhaps we should just report you for trolling... but If you have some real purpose other than that i would like to understand it.

My goal is to tell people how many people actually play. I find it more valuable then posts with wild claims of huge population boosts which only serves as misinformation to lure people in. Plus I find it more healthy for VG that people know what's in store.

Lets face it. If somebody like me didn't do it you would be claiming there would be thousands upon thousands playing

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682
    @star - not true i am about calling it like it is. Post your numbers as info is fine... Problem is your assumptions and negative spin around them. Your numbers do clearly show pop is up. If you want the digits to speak for themselves just post numbers without the spin and we all win.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

A ton of us recently went back to Vanguard and are having a blast the really funny thing is.. we went back because it went F2P, but now we are all subscribers again....

Guess the marketing did its job.

Originally posted by psiic

A ton of us recently went back to Vanguard and are having a blast the really funny thing is.. we went back because it went F2P, but now we are all subscribers again....

Guess the marketing did its job.

Sure did

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

will miss this game.

as much as people complain, i think SOE deserves some props just for keeping it going this long.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

I know i'll miss the "Population is on the rise" and "Server is bustling with people, come back please" threads that popped up from time to time. Hilarious stuff.
  • EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Still was true though.
  • tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

The death of the PVP server was the death for me, for me world PVP is important.

That said the character models were a major downer, cannot believe they never revamped them.... well they did, but they didn't change one bit which was odd.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Hmm ?

They changed.

Pop was good on Telon when I left last summer. I mostly didnt have time to play. Was a bit sad but oh well.