Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is the love?

I see all these posts, threads, and conversations for various mmo's, Archage, ESO, and Wildstar just to name a few. While most of these games range from looking meh at best to pretty dang good. This is all of course relevant to your tastes. I seem to see a pretty big game missing from a lot of these discussions though.

The game missing, or what seems to be missing anyways, from people’s radar is of course World of darkness. I know it may be niche but there is a huge following for this genre and the game itself. The table top is probably the closest rival out to dungeons and dragons and the stand alone PC games were a pretty big success. They were no CoD but you get the picture.

Where is the love though for WoD? Is it the lack of information? Is it a general lack in interest? Do people not like CCP?

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on this?

Comments

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by loktec

I see all these posts, threads, and conversations for various mmo's, Archage, ESO, and Wildstar just to name a few. While most of these games range from looking meh at best to pretty dang good. This is all of course relevant to your tastes. I seem to see a pretty big game missing from a lot of these discussions though.

The game missing, or what seems to be missing anyways, from people’s radar is of course World of darkness. I know it may be niche but there is a huge following for this genre and the game itself. The table top is probably the closest rival out to dungeons and dragons and the stand alone PC games were a pretty big success. They were no CoD but you get the picture.

Where is the love though for WoD? Is it the lack of information? Is it a general lack in interest? Do people not like CCP?

wanna know where the love is? ask the devs of WoD. tell them to up the budget on advertising, then you'll see the love(and subsequent hate) for it

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• RossbossRossboss Member Posts: 240

I see all these posts, threads, and conversations for various mmo's, Archage, ESO, and Wildstar just to name a few. While most of these games range from looking meh at best to pretty dang good. This is all of course relevant to your tastes. It seems to see a pretty big game missing from a lot of these discussions though.

The things highlighted in orange are why nobody is posting anything on the game. It's obviously not very popular among the MMORPG forum users. You said it is niche, therefore, not many people are going to play it or mention it on a large forum.

I'm not sure why people dislike this game, but I personally have never even heard of it. I've seen no publicity, no advertisements and literally no posts about it aside from this one.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Truth be told, I completely forgot this game/project even existed, and I'll probably forget about it once I leave this thread. 

So, I guess it would be a general lack of interest and information (I've heard the game a bunch of times, but never really looked into it).

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740

Love? Discussion?

Go look at the official website for this game, no information at all nada and from the MMORPG review on this game:

"So why such a long wait for details, and a release date? McDonough explains, "Part of the reason why we've been keeping it such a secret is that I don't want to release any info until were ready to really show something that's going to make you guys go nuts, and really lives up to the legacy - and I don't want to feed some marketing machine for years and years when we're not ready."

Hard to discuss something when they have not realeased any information.

• loktecloktec Member Posts: 4
    All are valid responses, however, i have seen people speculate on game with less information.
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    All are valid responses, however, i have seen people speculate on game with less information.

More fool them.  The game was shunted to the back-burner ages ago, and is effectively dead in the water. 

• loktecloktec Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

More fool them.  The game was shunted to the back-burner ages ago, and is effectively dead in the water. 

Funny you say that. When CCP did their lay-offs, one of the "devs/bosses" stated in a press release that the exact opposite had happened. That the game has NOT been delayed and was still very much in development.

Do you have proof that this has happened?