Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera: waiting and waiting and oh ... not anymore

spirus7spirus7 Member UncommonPosts: 142

Q time 5 to 12 hours

Tera is a good game and me and my guild like it ( liked it ) alot!! BUT ..hell no we wont wait again so many hours to play ..bye Tera

Comments

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Come back in two weeks when queues have died down or try a server without queues if you havent leveled too high up already.

But then again maybe in two weeks there will still be huge queues... if thats the case, i'll be happy with that because it means F2P is sticking.

Unfortunately TERA doesn't sport GW2s overflow server technology...most MMOs don't. That's one thing MMOs should adopt from GW2, it's their hardware. Ability to patch/update the game instantenously and overflow servers.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    What server you on? INT -Kill(?) server is 10mins max wait. Really enjoying TERA again. :)
    Originally posted by Kanester
    What server you on? INT -Kill(?) server is 10mins max wait. Really enjoying TERA again. :)

You're a founder(meaning you bought the game in the past), that means you get priority queue over F2P, your wait time is 10 minutes as a founder which is pretty ridiculous.

The queue for F2P players on Killian can get as high as 3000 people lol.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by Kanester

You're a founder(meaning you bought the game in the past), that means you get priority queue over F2P, your wait time is 10 minutes as a founder which is pretty ridiculous.

The queue for F2P players on Killian can get as high as 3000 people lol.

LOL, Didn't know that. Oh well hope it gets better for you. xD

• spirus7spirus7 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    every server has the same amount of waiting time ..i dont think they care or they would have done something about it!That is the thing that pissed me off so much!and dont tell me they did not expect that amount of ppl zerging in ..The game like i said is great but if they loose the free players ... well u know what happens next
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by spirus7
    every server has the same amount of waiting time ..i dont think they care or they would have done something about it!That is the thing that pissed me off so much!and dont tell me they did not expect that amount of ppl zerging in ..The game like i said is great but if they loose the free players ... well u know what happens next

then buy the game for 20 bucks, stop bitching and enjoy getting queue preference as a founder. its 20 dollars one time, if you bitch about that then i have no sympathy for you. this game is worth 20 dollars, it isnt worth a sub with all the issues they've yet to fix, but it is however worth 1 time fee of 20 dollars.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Thy only way you'd have to wait hours and hours is if you are not vip/founder, which means you started playing like 5 days ago.... enough said.

Founder=1-2min queue

VIP=No Queue

Originally posted by Drolkin

Thy only way you'd have to wait hours and hours is if you are not vip/founder, which means you started playing like 5 days ago.... enough said.

Founder=1-2min queue

VIP=No Queue

fyi, you can still buy the game, thus still get founder.

nuff said

http://www.amazon.com/Tera-Online-Pc/dp/B002I0HJG8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360529354&sr=8-1&keywords=tera

just to provide a link to you lazy bastards.

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Have yet to wait more than 3 min as a founder, but honestly I'm at the point where I'm like why am I playing Tera again?  I might just go back to gw2 as tera offers nothing for me that gw2 doesn't offer.  And gw2's world is about 9x as large as Tera's.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Sephiroso

then buy the game for 20 bucks, stop bitching and enjoy getting queue preference as a founder. its 20 dollars one time, if you bitch about that then i have no sympathy for you. this game is worth 20 dollars, it isnt worth a sub with all the issues they've yet to fix, but it is however worth 1 time fee of 20 dollars.

If that's all it takes is $20 one time to get elite status and get a faster login, I can't imagine why anyone would complain. I am well within the poverty margin and even I could afford that.

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395

Q time 5 to 12 hours

Tera is a good game and me and my guild like it ( liked it ) alot!! BUT ..hell no we wont wait again so many hours to play ..bye Tera

In what Server? I wait no more than 30 minutes...

Originally posted by ragz45
    Have yet to wait more than 3 min as a founder, but honestly I'm at the point where I'm like why am I playing Tera again?  I might just go back to gw2 as tera offers nothing for me that gw2 doesn't offer.  And gw2's world is about 9x as large as Tera's.

know how i know you lie? cause you claim tera offers nothing that gw2 doesn't offer.

tera has endgame, gw2 doesn't. tera has its faults of course, but gw2 has more imo, though maybe thats not true, its just gw2's faults are more glaring than tera's. gw2 can be as huge as it wants to be, doesnt make the game anymore fun once you hit max level.

i remember running for HOURS in EQOA thinking, why the fucking hell is this game world so large. world size not equal fun.

edit: @itgrowls, that 20 dollars is for founder status, which gets queue preference over f2p same as elite, though elite gets you in without any queues at all, founder, most i had to wait is 2 mins personally.

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

know how i know you lie? cause you claim tera offers nothing that gw2 doesn't offer.

tera has endgame, gw2 doesn't. tera has its faults of course, but gw2 has more imo, though maybe thats not true, its just gw2's faults are more glaring than tera's. gw2 can be as huge as it wants to be, doesnt make the game anymore fun once you hit max level.

i remember running for HOURS in EQOA thinking, why the fucking hell is this game world so large. world size not equal fun.

edit: @itgrowls, that 20 dollars is for founder status, which gets queue preference over f2p same as elite, though elite gets you in without any queues at all, founder, most i had to wait is 2 mins personally.

That's the key there, it's your opinion.   I personally don't enjoy Tera's "endgame".  Where as I greatly enjoy WvW.  But that is my opinion, and I'm not stating it as a fact, or that everyone else will have the same opinion.  My opinion is different than yours, but thanks for being an ass about it.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

We have Gameforge servers, which feel like recycled Pentium 2's. Even Club members are having to wait one to two hours to get in at times.

Then it crashes and straight back to the queue.

As for the fps performance in Nexus - just don't go there.

That's the key there, it's your opinion.   I personally don't enjoy Tera's "endgame".  Where as I greatly enjoy WvW.  But that is my opinion, and I'm not stating it as a fact, or that everyone else will have the same opinion.  My opinion is different than yours, but thanks for being an ass about it.

so you dont enjoy tera's pve end game experience, yet you enjoy gw2's pvp experience, hmmm...i wonder why.

also listing that tera has endgame but gw2 doesnt isn't being an ass, its telling the truth. gw2 has NO ENDGAME. that was part of their marketing shtick. tera has end game. you just admitted both. so tell me again how is that being an ass.

your opinion the way i see it is, you enjoy pvp, so you prefer gw2, which is perfectly reasonable cause tera cant hold a candle to gw2's pvp. which seems to me you started playing the wrong game in the first place if your main focus is pvp but i digress.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Ya I'm an elite paying founder, it's like having an amusement park pass that allows you to cut  in line. AHHHHH the benefits of P2P I bought a years subscription spwhen I first bought the game.

If you like the game why dont you subscribe then you will have no wait times. It also halves the reset time of instances for you.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Elite status gets you right in.  It's nice.

Very much so. I'm founder and elite. ^^

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    because the free to play crowd here expect every single thing for free thats been brought up in the myriad of other games that are free to play. They think they should get priority over paying players and people who paid before.

You were the ass first, there was no reason to bring GW2 into this thread. Every person who likes GW2 seems to have to bring it into every thread for no reason. Also, no, GW2s world is not 9x the size of TERAs and WvW is a boring zergfest that Anet keeps putting on the backburner, they could have done so much with it but they chose to ignore it. Took them two months just to fix simple exploits like orb hacking for christ sake.

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

If you're European, play in US servers. No queues during the day.

Same goes the other way around.

Originally posted by ichihaifu

If you're European, play in US servers. No queues during the day.

Same goes the other way around.

Thats certainly an interesting way to fill the game up at all times of the day. :P

• EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152

Q time 5 to 12 hours

wait 2 weeks. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I think it's a "too each his own" scenario.

today, I just played GW2 for 15 minutes, lost interest and logged into Tera for 1.5 hours and enjoyed myself far more. Not saying that GW2 is a bad game, not at all, but it's interesting to see what captures people's attention.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • spirus7spirus7 Member UncommonPosts: 142

No i wont buy a game i played 5 days to avoid the q ..that is so stupid.. i will buy the game after i hit max lvl or when i see that i enjoy it that much!20$ is money ..hell even 1$ is money and MY money i spend them on things im sure i like/enjoy ..

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread, I was starting to think about trying the game out. Not now; I'll wait for a while longer.

It's a free-to-play game, except if you really want to play it, you have to pay. No thanks.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.