Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BarrikorBarrikor Phoenix, AZPosts: 316Member

I don't know if any of you have been following what's happening in LA right now, but there's a giant police manhunt going on for a rouge ex-cop.

So far:

- Ex-cop kills 2 civilians
- Cops guard Ex-cop's target, almost shoot ex-cop, 1 cop wounded
- 1 cop killed, 1 cop wounded
- Cops find ex-cop's abandon truck
- Cops shoot 2 women because they were in a truck, parked cars hit too
- Cops shoot a garage door
- Cops shoot another truck, but no one hurt, other cars hit in process
- LA Mayor says this (cop-on-cop violence) is another reason for gun control
- Sheriff says that he's afraid that citizens will "take the law into their own hands" if they see the ex-cop

Is it just me, or is there something terribly wrong with the situation and response there? Having an ex-cop murdering people doesn't make a police department look good, but the actions of the police shooting up cars without looking at what the driver looks like is a disgrace... Then for the Mayor to tie it to gun control...

This could easily be a funny joke, "what happens when cops are allowed to smoke weed", or "cops shoot women but at least they're straight shooters", or "Don't fire a guy who's holding a gun"... but the sad truth is that this is real, and happening to real people, with real people getting hurt while the police are incompetent and the political leeches use it for their own advantage =(

• BrenelaelBrenelael Warren, MEPosts: 3,996Member Uncommon

My first thought when I heard about this whole mess was, "Why the hell was this dude a cop in the first place?" Then I saw what the LAPD's response was like and my feelings were that they are almost as bad as the rogue cop. However after thinking about it for a while these guys are cops in probably the worst place to be a cop. They have adopted a "shoot first" attitude because in LA if you don't shoot first your not going to be a cop long... You'll be dead. I still don't necessarily agree with it but I do understand why they have itchy trigger fingers.

• PrecusorPrecusor PalmaPosts: 3,508Member Uncommon
    LA probably has to be the worst place to work as a cop.
  • greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon

What do you expect them to do. They live in a warzone. This was one of the most popular songs ever in my old neighborhood.

You ever hear any songs like that made about lawyers?

Gangs shoot police, they have reasons to be nervous. Even people that get pulled over for speeding have shot at police. Certainly isn't a job I would want.

Plenty of people I've known don't trust authority. It starts with being beaten or molested by people around them. When I was in lockup we had counseling every day as a group. They were convinced that if you didn't find all your problems and learn ways to cope with them, you weren't getting out. I had no release date, I only got out when they considered me "fixed" and by law they could keep me up to my 18th birthday. We all had to tell our life stories, I heard so many stories of molestation it was sickening. I never knew it was happening to everyone around me, then in adulthood every woman that became good friends always tells some story about getting raped or being molested. There are huge amounts of people getting this crap done to them and it isn't just women. My ex boyfriend was even molested by his aunt. This crap even happens in hollywood, Corey Feldman and Corey Haim said to the world they were both molested and one of them stayed friends with the molester as an adult because it meant work. I think we need to start spaying and neutering humans.

I've met plenty of police in my day. Even been arrested underage multiple times. Most of them are good, some aren't just like any other people. One propositioned me and said that if I slept with him he wouldn't take me to lockup after I was caught as a runaway. Remember I was underage, hello, sicko. Another one lied after I slit my wrists and said he took me to the hospital, he didn't, we went straight to lockup. In lockup the woman who saw my wrists said, honey that's not how you do it, you go up and down, not sideways. If these are people in authority to you, child beaters, child molesters, and people that tell you how to bring death the right way, why wouldn't you distrust them. I don't blame people at all that fear the police but I do know in a bad neighborhood, you get to know the good ones from the bad ones, word spreads. That fear makes them jumpy, they know the police word is trusted in court while theirs isn't, from experience. In that way, the bad police brought it on the whole group to be more threatened.

edit: Wow, this guy's manifesto is putting it all out there, he is sick of it, I don't even know what to think. From his side he is rebelling like my country was built on but killing people makes it all so sour to make a point. I want to like him for having principles, is that wrong lol

• PyndaPynda Posts: 738Member Uncommon

Not to mention it looks like this guys complaint is probably true. He reported a fellow officer for doing unjustified violence, and then was framed up and fired because of it.

But that said, he's obviously a congenital moron (he could have sued and possibly made millions?) and a psychopath. And he will wind up dead in a gutter or spend the rest of his life in a cage as he should.