Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 axis divs routed!

Love this game! :)

moaaaar 

Comments

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116
    Wow gratz did you have to fight anyone or was it a mad dash to overun the AI  lol.
  • david06david06 Member Posts: 183

So have the axis players who unsubscribed over the blatant "pity" map returned?

If they haven't then a roll of the axis side, especially in the early tiers would be expected.

• anfiach`anfiach` Member UncommonPosts: 110
    I only saw Allied in overpop one night this week and it wasn't a full minute.
  • rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by CeTheGreat

Love this game! :)

moaaaar 

I thought you were finished posting here....Something about it's boring here because it's the same stuff just posted in different ways.  

• Skers11Skers11 Member Posts: 28
    Kind of cool seeing axis units trapped and cut-off.  For most of the last year it seemed like I would log in a week or so into a new campaign and Allies were defending the Channel already.  Nice change.  Wouldn't mind a nice long campaign again either.  
  • StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

Interesting map - Axis Soldaten fight on!

• notextuonotextuo Member Posts: 3

Some intense fights during that cutoff.

Played far too long over the weekend ensuring the cut survived :)

Oooh. Are the allies pulling back now despite this earlier success?
  • JanJansenJanJansen Member Posts: 1

So the game is not broken annymore CE?Your opinion about crs their game turns like an leaf on a tree.lose a few towns?the game is broken and unfair...made to win one...and you want MOAR?moar of what?

Glad that you are having fun..Remember..playing a game means losing somimes..I hope you still want MOAR when team Axis recovers again ,like before..will the game be broken again once we recoverd?time will tell,,as it did before..I realize you must be having some serious issues..but please stop claiming you recoverd from your lose streak yourselfs...its silly and so far from the truth that even you with you bi polar personality should agree that you did not do it all yourselfs?right?

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by JanJansen

So the game is not broken annymore CE?Your opinion about crs their game turns like an leaf on a tree.lose a few towns?the game is broken and unfair...made to win one...and you want MOAR?moar of what?

Glad that you are having fun..Remember..playing a game means losing somimes..I hope you still want MOAR when team Axis recovers again ,like before..will the game be broken again once we recoverd?time will tell,,as it did before..I realize you must be having some serious issues..but please stop claiming you recoverd from your lose streak yourselfs...its silly and so far from the truth that even you with you bi polar personality should agree that you did not do it all yourselfs?right?

Its the only game he is good at so he cant play anything else.

So much crap, so little quality.

• mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56

All I see is the game swinging back to an Allied dominated era. The age of Axis is over with the great CRS purge of the remaining HC. Most of the best Axis map movers are gone and now the Allies got some of theirs back. The same thing happened when CRS fucked with the AHC and all that jazz.

• Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134
    HC meltdowns actually happen fairly routinely on both sides

Nature of the beast I'm afraid. The triggers might be CRS or entirely internal but it happens too frequently to be considered game changing

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

• mlinemline Member Posts: 14
    CRS has alot to answer for last campaign's purge. I always wondered about the Oyaji purge - was that CRS too?
  • mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56

Silky said it right, was more of a meltdown because of CRS actions. The HC that continually steped up and took map got fed up with it and left, and others took their place. It can be argued that the GHC bench was never that deep in the first place, but Axis is still probably better off than after the oyaji stuff happened. 

Basically CRS fired Oyajii and alot of HC officers said fu to CRS and resigned and that really screwed up their running of things for a long time. 

• XOOM-CRSXOOM-CRS Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Originally posted by mrcheapy

Silky said it right, was more of a meltdown because of CRS actions. The HC that continually steped up and took map got fed up with it and left, and others took their place. It can be argued that the GHC bench was never that deep in the first place, but Axis is still probably better off than after the oyaji stuff happened. 

Basically CRS fired Oyajii and alot of HC officers said fu to CRS and resigned and that really screwed up their running of things for a long time. 

Every officer has an expiration date, and the brighest candle burns the fastest. These recent departures are people who have invested much time personally, who have a combination of burn-out, being overly relied upon, and indeed may have disagreed with some items. The issue is, it's a culmination of things not just one, it always is.

You're wrong about the previous CinC. A lot of people stepped up to the plate and did what was necessary to rebuild. I challenge you to ask the senior command at the time their level of confidence of him as CinC, you seem to have convoluted information from anti-CRS campaigns.

What happened was an absolute last resort option, and has since not been repeated. This situation is 2+ years old, move on.

[email protected]
    Cornered Rat Software

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Anyone else feel like there is a group effort to promote this game by creating a ton of threads?

Don't fall for the shills tricks.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ianstein29ianstein29 Member Posts: 11

Really Xoom maybe coming into another companies forum and telling folks to move on might be the wrong tact. I understand you can control writings in your own forum since it has been stated numerous times it is not a public site.  Here  a more open conversation can be explored without over zealous moderators shutting down threads. 

lol so coming in here and telling people the game is dead (when it blatantly isn't) isn't tactless?

This place is bi-polar, sometimes.

Stug I never said the game was dead.   Obviously it it not since they still charge me for my 2 paid accounts.  I understand you are a supporter of the game in a big way.  That is great for you but if others wish to express a different opinion then perhaps an ability on your side would be to let others vent and then it would calm down.  By always denouncing others with a imperious attitude might drive more away from a company that is in trouble.  
    Originally posted by ianstein29

Really Xoom maybe coming into another companies forum and telling folks to move on might be the wrong tact. I understand you can control writings in your own forum since it has been stated numerous times it is not a public site.  Here  a more open conversation can be explored without over zealous moderators shutting down threads. 

This forum is hosted by MMORPG.com, but this is our company's forum (World War II Online). If by a "more open conversation" you mean falsification exploit conversation, sure it can exist here, and so it shall.

When events are dug up from 2+ years ago to try and shed some light on current (although vastly not comparable) affairs, I will be here to enlighten the mis-informed.

I am continuously blown away by some of you guys. I love our community, and some of you are in it, some of you are even active subscribers. What doesn't make sense is coming over here, talking about how the game would be so much better off without Cornered Rat Software, its team, and how the game is dead or should be.

Questions...

Do you know who the development company was that created this game?

Do you know who some of its founding members were?

Do you know who the business that is keeping this game "ON" is?

If you know these answers, and yet you still say "we'd be so much better off," I am concerned.

Look, I get it. We've had to play bad guy, and we've had to do some unpopular things at times. When communicating with each other through text, much is mis-interpreted. Mistakes occur, for we are all human.

But if you support World War II Online, or if you ever have, and you are here on the sole priority to "air-out" or smash the team, then please consider what you are doing carefully. I can't or won't try to stop you, but just take a moment to think about what you're really doing, other than making yourself feel better for a moment.

To those of you who have or continue to support the game, thank you.

S!

[email protected]
    Cornered Rat Software

• BodkinBarberBodkinBarber Member Posts: 106
    Why in the year 2013 does the game still not have a dedicated youtube channel?
    Originally posted by BodkinBarber
    Why in the year 2013 does the game still not have a dedicated youtube channel?

Arguably, this needs to be updated, and I'll prepare my arse for an RA hater when I post this... but here it is.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/youtube

[email protected]
    Cornered Rat Software

I do support the game by keeping my 2 accts open with CRS.   I do not blindly follow in some strange loyalty like a fanboy.   Some people do that and more power to them if it makes them happy.  I have seen many companies insulate themselves from the truth about their brands and then to be shocked when bad things happen.  I did enjoy the game, no I am not a fan of Doc since he has a hard time communicating properly with others.  Xoom I have known you for many years and I respect the hard position you are in since I am a brand manager in real life as well.   Some  posts do go sideways into conspiracy theories but CRS has made many mistakes which build these negatives into a story.  I hope for the best for you Xoom I really do.   
  • david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by Silky303
    HC meltdowns actually happen fairly routinely on both sidesNature of the beast I'm afraid. The triggers might be CRS or entirely internal but it happens too frequently to be considered game changing

Hey guys.

Guys.

I got an idea.

Let's get rid of the high commands. AOs will be handled by player population and proximity to a town. Each town will have it's own spawn list that rebuilds in eight hours or so.

The players who like to lead can still lead. The ones that like to follow can still follow. Cornered Rat Software won't have to tend to the latest drama or officer shortage ; probably important for a such a small studio.

If necessary I will personally buy each current HC officer a copy of Hearts of Iron 3 or something to seal the deal.

Originally posted by ianstein29
    I do support the game by keeping my 2 accts open with CRS.   I do not blindly follow in some strange loyalty like a fanboy.   Some people do that and more power to them if it makes them happy.  I have seen many companies insulate themselves from the truth about their brands and then to be shocked when bad things happen.  I did enjoy the game, no I am not a fan of Doc since he has a hard time communicating properly with others.  Xoom I have known you for many years and I respect the hard position you are in since I am a brand manager in real life as well.   Some  posts do go sideways into conspiracy theories but CRS has made many mistakes which build these negatives into a story.  I hope for the best for you Xoom I really do.   

Ian,

I genuinely appreciate that post. Thank you for having the courage to write it, and best wishes to you as well in your Brand Manager position. It's not easy, sometimes it's really not easy, but everything we do for what we believe in, makes it worth it.

We're in the entertainment business (not sure what industry you are in), and people want their entertainment a certain way. We won't always meet everyone's expectations, but we hope you all enjoy the product built and play it like there's nothing else like it out there.

See what I did there?

[email protected]
    Cornered Rat Software