Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained KickStarter

Who will pay for kickstarter? I saved 100$ around for Camelot Unchained and i do not care if game will be trash because i am supporting RvR idea and i am against themepark like wow. I call this attitude.

Comments

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    I'm with you. I'm going to throw as much as I can manage at the kickstarter, because it sounds like this is the game I've been waiting for. I know it's too early to get super hyped and all, but I feel like they are going to deliver. Besides, by the time the Kickstarter comes up we will all know the details of Mark's vision for the game.
  • tleartlear Member Posts: 142
    I will put money into it, how much is matter of what they offer on the kickstarter.
  • MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185
    I don't know enough about the game yet. With that said, I loved WAR despite its flaws so I could see myself supporting the game if I like what is offered.
  • hadatihadati Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I will be backing this on kickstarter as much as I can simply because I want the spiritual successor to DAoC to succeed very badly indeed.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    I will be throwing a decent amount at the game as well. Going to surprise my buddy with a copy of the game as well assuming we can buy more than one copy on KS. March... soon!
  • CluckingChickenCluckingChicken Member Posts: 54
    I really do wonder what kind of stuff they'll offer as incentives. I could care less for mugs and t-shirts, but I'm a complete sucker for in-game stuff. Obviously nothing to affect the game's balance. It would be nice to have a special icon next to your portrait, or perhaps exlusive cosmetic items for player housing, VIP status on the official forums, a few day headstart before launch, or even simply allowing us to create a character before launch to reserve our names, and people who donate a big chunk of cash could have their name in the credits, or maybe design an item that'll be obtainable in the game. Oh lordy the list could go on. What does everyone think they'll put up for kickstarter incentives?
  • VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    I was tempted to donate some money, but most likely won't. While I like a lot of things about the game, the no pve just kind of bugs me. Even though in daoc the majority of my time was in rvr, things like rvring to own a pve dungeon (darkness falls) were some of the best times. I actually really liked the pve in daoc, and the mix between both pve and rvr was great.
  • LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Definitely will support this and will grab up 2 copies. Bring it on!

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Vynt
    I was tempted to donate some money, but most likely won't. While I like a lot of things about the game, the no pve just kind of bugs me. Even though in daoc the majority of my time was in rvr, things like rvring to own a pve dungeon (darkness falls) were some of the best times. I actually really liked the pve in daoc, and the mix between both pve and rvr was great.

I agree I liked the mix that DAOC/UO/SB had. I wish they would reconsider it some.

Is their kickstarter even started yet?

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Originally posted by Vynt

I agree I liked the mix that DAOC/UO/SB had. I wish they would reconsider it some.

Is their kickstarter even started yet?

March 2013 :D so in a sense its rather soon.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• VitticusVitticus Member Posts: 2

I will support this if it is not done under EA or Bioware. EA is a title killer. They make a few decent games in-house, but I feel they buy-out other titles in order to kill them. It is their ultimate goal to make Madden 2k and Call of Duty the number one games at all times.

I'm hoping Jacobs breaks off and starts a new venture that is not operating under the EA corporate umbrella. That looks like the case since it will be funded under kickstarter. So I'm pretty excited. 

Jacobs, if you're reading this, I will be  your accountant!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    This is his own company and has nothing to do with ea. I get the impression that mark would be as likely to work with ea as Obama teaming up with the tea party.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by hadati
    I will be backing this on kickstarter as much as I can simply because I want the spiritual successor to DAoC to succeed very badly indeed.

This is not the spiritual successor to DAOC, and if you are expecting a fully fleshed out, virtual world like it was with in depth PVE, crafting to go with your RVR, then you will be sorely disappointed.

If you were one of those folks who liked the RVR model, wished you could have rolled a level 50 starting out and jumped right out into the frontiers than this title will be more to your liking.

There definitely is a market for that sort of title, same folks that enjoy Planetside 2 in some cases I suppose, but it won't satisify the folks looking for DAOC2.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by Kyleran

This is not the spiritual successor to DAOC, and if you are expecting a fully fleshed out, virtual world like it was with in depth PVE, crafting to go with your RVR, then you will be sorely disappointed.

If you were one of those folks who liked the RVR model, wished you could have rolled a level 50 starting out and jumped right out into the frontiers than this title will be more to your liking.

There definitely is a market for that sort of title, same folks that enjoy Planetside 2 in some cases I suppose, but it won't satisify the folks looking for DAOC2.

Yellow - Zod wants to know.. what is this "in-depth PvE" you speak of and how did it exist in DaoC? Additionally Zod remembers Mark mentioning a "crafters first" system. The statement in  yellow confuses Zod.

Teal - The Game (from what Zod gathers from the site) will be RvR focused not RvR only... hopefully. The game hasnt drawn any breath to make a comment like this.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by General_Dru-Zod
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Yellow - Zod wants to know.. what is this "in-depth PvE" you speak of and how did it exist in DaoC? Additionally Zod remembers Mark mentioning a "crafters first" system. The statement in  yellow confuses Zod.

Teal - The Game (from what Zod gathers from the site) will be RvR focused not RvR only... hopefully. The game hasnt drawn any breath to make a comment like this.

50 levels, with 40-50 exponentially growing to the point that you pretty much learned to group or perish in the struggle.

And the grouping was fun, with more than 3 roles (crowd control, buffing/debuffing and to a lessor extent pulling still abounded)

Dungeons were open world and everyone shared them, and on many occasions your group would disengage to go help a random team of strangers to resurrect them and get them back into the fight, for no reward other than knowing someone would pay it forward to you one day.

As for crafting being important, I'll believe it when I see it, outside of EVE and few other older titles crafting is almost always overshadowed by drops, even in DAOC today.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Originally posted by General_Dru-Zod

"There's almost no PvE (just a training area, some special events, etc.), and everything we add will always be tied into RvR."

• HagnarHagnar Member UncommonPosts: 39
    I will pay whatever it takes to get an alpha access, plain and simple. 

Born as a berserker, I was also a hero, a bounty hunter, a paladin ,a troubador and a paladin once again during my Mmo''s experiences .. Now travelling in a galaxy looking for a new adventure

• aylwynnaylwynn Member Posts: 94
    Gonna pay about 20$ or something. But I really like the blogs and the idea.