Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You know game has issues when forum mods become censors

Comments

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I actually agree with some of the points here... only thing is that I didn't yet get any good drop (aka. exotic drop whcih can actually be sold for more than 2 golds) since launch :(..

and I didn't see "ghost town servers" in PvE yet... It only stands when it's WWW in equation.

the worst thing that happened to gw2 was ascended gear and with that they stomped on their own word of no gear progression... 

quality, the game actually has it... they're trying to fix bugs, but you know they can't fix exploits which people won't report (friends shown me few exploits but since not many people know about them I guess they just choose not to report it). everything else I've found and seen are just minor bugs which don't really affect gameplay (like clipping and few bugged npcs or stuff like that)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    there is no diminishing return as per say,but the way their algorytm works is based on % so if an area is visited .001 % of the time and another is visited 99% of the time (because it is known)then guess wich will have more chance of dropping better gear!ya the .001% it doesnt drop more often it just never dropped there almost because nobody knew that area was there so the chance of you getting a drop is higher!would you like to know the % a given area was visited so you can just farm those low visit area?of caurse dont we all lol!but it isnt in gw2 interest to divulge wich area are visited more often then the other lol!
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I'm sure pretty much agree with what OP told. (yes come with rotten apples again, my personal fans!)

Only beside drop rate nerf I guess drop mechanic at GW2 is aoubt same as at GW1: means it comes by waves and don't have general drop rate control, so may be like each 5th drop is good but not in order either (or may be more easy to tell: for 10 h of farming you'll have like X good drops), also I don't know the formula it just my guess.

As some guys already told here: if game is good forum discussion is constructive, if game has major issue, then forum became over censored.

I think main problem with GW2 is that A-net not try to fix game and make it more attractive for players (it is very attractive for people as 1-2 h per week distruction, as I found at game chat) but make customers using cash shop (reason why I called it cheap asian f2p).

IMO content need to be polished, issues fixed, end game added, then may be forum will show better posts.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly
    but make customers using cash shop (reason why I called it cheap asian f2p).

Yeah, I was pissed that I was forced to buy that quaggan backpack and aviator hat to complete a DE.  What a rip.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly
    but make customers using cash shop (reason why I called it cheap asian f2p).

Yeah, I was pissed that I was forced to buy that quaggan backpack and aviator hat to complete a DE.  What a rip.

if anything this game keeps you AWAY from the CS... honestly i wish it had more things in there because aside from extra bag slots there is hardly anything worth buying imho:P I really am surprised they haven't thrown in more weapon/armor skins to purchase.. but anyways again people like to complain about things they know nothing about...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by Zorgo
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by Zorgo
    Originally posted by cptndunsel

• No grind? Gone - its all grind at level 80 now.
    • No gear treadmill? - Gone ever since ascended gear was introduced (FotM gear which is now going to be made available in world for daily "laurels" etc
    •  
    • Commitments? Don't believe it. Players complained about elite, veteran, champion mobs because they were dropping NO loot or inferior loot yet require a group (or a high DPS solo toon with time to kill) to take down. Anet said they would adjust the loot drops - never happened. Players complained about the drop rate for "lodestones" - something needed by the hundreds for various recipies. Anet said they would fix the drop rate, rolled out a fix that actually corrected this, then rolled it back saying lodestone drops were increased too much and this was impacting the economy. So we are back to where we started on that issue.
    • Diminishing Returns - farm an area too long and the good drops disappear. You must change zones and "work off" your DR time. This was supposedly done to combat bots. Problem - bots are largely gone now but the DR code remains. Problem - there is no CD timer or other indicator in-game for a player to tell when they have "worked off" their DR and thus its all guess work (assumption is an hour is needed). Problem - high level crafting mats only drop in high level zones, so when DR kicks in just what the hell are you supposed to do? Go to a lowbie zone to farm mats you do not need? And these high level mats are needed in the hundreds to work towards a "legendary" so really this is just a very annoying time sink foisted on the players..

I am by no means a huge fan of GW2, but couldn't help but notice.........

So you want a game with no grind or gear treadmill where you can grind mobs for superior loot or farm for good drops, like some sort of treadmill to get increasingly better items?

Couldn't help but notice that you mistook Grind with Farm. there's a huge difference between spending 1 hour farming the items you need to craft armor weapons upgrades in two days and grinding for 16 months to get the items you need from vendors or relying on RNG. That's the difference.

The first month I made it to 80 and thank goddess they hadn't turned DR on by then or I would never have geared my two level 80s when i did.

I mistook nothing. The guys central point is contradictory.

"I don't want a gear treadmill, but I demand the ability to constantly upgrade my stuff." 

That seems to be what he is saying, and I think it is hypocritical. 

I won't get bogged down in a semantics argument over the definition of what 'grind' truly means.

please go back and read the thread title + my other comments in this thread. I was citing issues I have seen in the GW2 forums - threads that then disappear. You are mistakenly thinking that I wrote all of these complaints, then claiming I contradict myself. Read the thread title then place all of this in context please.

Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Cromica
    Originally posted by Nitth

I have no problem with diminishing returns, especially after the 50th time seeing someone I know is an 80 farming the troll or the boar in Queensdale, or Maw in Wayfarer.  I mean, come on...

Why cant i farm?
    Why cant i grind?

devs these days preach 'flexibility' but i cant use bread and butter tactics anymore?

Maybe you can.  I haven't heard from anyone (apart from OP), including the players I mentioned, that they were ever getting less loot... perhaps these diminishing returns aren't that diminishing.  Still, if they do work the way they're intended, I think they're in effect to keep people doing things outside of starter areas.

Do they even work?

DR is a huge problem I can't even spend more than 20 mins killing mobs in any zone in the game before my drops stop altogether and then I have to wait 1.5 -2 hrs before I can play for another 20mins.

Bullshit ....if you choose to have an opinion so be it ....if you choose to post an actual lie like you are trying to do here with fabricated story  of DR rates you'll get called on it

It is a fact DR exists and was placed in game by the devs. They said as much. Please check the Gw2 forums, reddit etc. It is also a fact that some have posted to the Gw2 formums that they appear to have been hit by "permaDR" as they are unable to get decent loot drops regardless of what they do.

Unless you have access to the actual code or know someone who does - there is no way for you or I or anyone to approve or disprove the statement.

Originally posted by tawess

And so it is with GW2.

No constructive dialogue can be had on game forums without forum mods infracting posters, banning posters, and deleting threads.

Players, in general, have a right to be concerned. Anet's commitments (implied or explicit) have been falling like a house of cards since their acquisition.

• No grind? Gone - its all grind at level 80 now.
    • No gear treadmill? - Gone ever since ascended gear was introduced (FotM gear which is now going to be made available in world for daily "laurels" etc
    • Good wvwvw system? Gone - the wvwvw has been so impacted by flaws in the game engine (culling and rendering issues) that its become a joke when you "fight" invisible mobs. Also - the free server transfers allowed until recently have made some servers ghost towns as players have fled to what are considered "the best" wvwvw servers.
    • Quality? Gone - bugs that were reported in Beta are still in-game and new bugs are added every release.
    • Commitments? Don't believe it. Players complained about elite, veteran, champion mobs because they were dropping NO loot or inferior loot yet require a group (or a high DPS solo toon with time to kill) to take down. Anet said they would adjust the loot drops - never happened. Players complained about the drop rate for "lodestones" - something needed by the hundreds for various recipies. Anet said they would fix the drop rate, rolled out a fix that actually corrected this, then rolled it back saying lodestone drops were increased too much and this was impacting the economy. So we are back to where we started on that issue.
    • Diminishing Returns - farm an area too long and the good drops disappear. You must change zones and "work off" your DR time. This was supposedly done to combat bots. Problem - bots are largely gone now but the DR code remains. Problem - there is no CD timer or other indicator in-game for a player to tell when they have "worked off" their DR and thus its all guess work (assumption is an hour is needed). Problem - high level crafting mats only drop in high level zones, so when DR kicks in just what the hell are you supposed to do? Go to a lowbie zone to farm mats you do not need? And these high level mats are needed in the hundreds to work towards a "legendary" so really this is just a very annoying time sink foisted on the players.
    • New Content - every piece of new content added to-date has been a cluster. Massive lag, one time events that players miss when the game server lags out and DCs them, event timing for 1-time events that are not repetable and not conducive to all players in game etc. Its a joke really. Which is probably why Anet MISSED their delivery date for the February content release.
    • Pre-cursors. Needed by anyone who wants a legendary. Bugs and exploits allowed some to get these easily (such as the final Karka event where it was raining precursors for a small time window) while others can only sit and stew as the prices for these on trading post have gone up hundreds of gold month over month due to near impossibility of getting one.
    When any issue, concern, question is posed around all of these game issues (and others) in forums the mods react like flies on crap and BAM - infractions, bans, deletions etc.

Very similar to what happened on The Secret World forum boards before that game imploded and went B2P.

Having been a player since pre-release -3 and having logged over 1000 in-game hrs (3 80s plus several other toons in development) I have seen the game decline first hand, have seen servers become ghost towns, and have seen the forum mods transform into hitler jugend. So beware - this game is begining to circle the drain and only fanbois are welcome on Gw2 forum.

If that was your post that got you your infraction... I think i can see how. seeing as you offer no real feedback and only rather acid complaints.

1. No, it was not.

2. As I've said countless times in this thread I am citing issues I have seen raised in Gw2 forums (raised, not authored)

Please actually read the other comments in thread before making assumptions.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    So true, alot of mods are GW2 fanboys for some reason.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

so basically they should allow the same exact threads over and over offer that no sort of substanence and littered with misinformation? if you spend some time in the official forums you will notice they generally lock/move/delete threads that are duplicates of ongoing threads.. why do you need 100 threads bitching about the exact same thing? they condense those into a single thread of the same topic.. many official forums do this.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

It is a fact DR exists and was placed in game by the devs. They said as much. Please check the Gw2 forums, reddit etc. It is also a fact that some have posted to the Gw2 formums that they appear to have been hit by "permaDR" as they are unable to get decent loot drops regardless of what they do.

Unless you have access to the actual code or know someone who does - there is no way for you or I or anyone to approve or disprove the statement.

Since devs actually HAVE teh CODE and they say theres NO such thing as "permaDR", why would anyone believe some random forum poster? Seems you answered your own QQ.

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460
    Quit this game due to their terrible post-launch development back in October. I see nothing has changed.
  • Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    I have no problem with diminishing returns, especially after the 50th time seeing someone I know is an 80 farming the troll or the boar in Queensdale, or Maw in Wayfarer.  I mean, come on...

This is the typical casual mindset. "I'm in favour of X because it screws people who are dedicated to their characters, and are rightly getting more out of the game than me". The same ever present casual mindset of GW2 players, and why the game fails at all levels. Why the faceroll dungeons suck, why the zergfest WvWvW is a mess, and why anyone with half a heart for getting some feeling of achievement left this game two weeks after installing it.

If GW2 is doing some good to the mmo market, is that it's hoarded a great number of casual rubbish, and the rest of us can enjoy better our own mmo of choice with a lesser ratio of  noobs constantly whining about "nerf X, it's too hard" or "Getting my weapon enchanted to +12 is too luck based".

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

Originally posted by Alber_gamer

This is the typical casual mindset. "I'm in favour of X because it screws people who are dedicated to their characters, and are rightly getting more out of the game than me". The same ever present casual mindset of GW2 players, and why the game fails at all levels. Why the faceroll dungeons suck, why the zergfest WvWvW is a mess, and why anyone with half a heart for getting some feeling of achievement left this game two weeks after installing it.

If GW2 is doing some good to the mmo market, is that it's hoarded a great number of casual rubbish, and the rest of us can enjoy better our own mmo of choice with a lesser ratio of  noobs constantly whining about "nerf X, it's too hard" or "Getting my weapon enchanted to +12 is too luck based".

Yah, all 10 of you can now go play some other game :)

EQ1 is still running, please be my guest :) Or Vanguard. Or FFXI. Or UO.

Hell, why dont you play those "ultra deep super epic games" in the first place?

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460
    Originally posted by mikahr
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

Yah, all 10 of you can now go play some other game :)

EQ1 is still running, please be my guest :) Or Vanguard. Or FFXI. Or UO.

Hell, why dont you play those "ultra deep super epic games" in the first place?

God, I wish games like that DID still come out.

These recent MMOs which are all about brainless play ,instant gratification, 5-days-to-max-level makes me want to puke sometimes. Sadly the games you mentioned have been played to death by most and are very dated now.

Originally posted by SuperNick

God, I wish games like that DID still come out.

These recent MMOs which are all about brainless play ,instant gratification, 5-days-to-max-level makes me want to puke sometimes. Sadly the games you mentioned have been played to death by most and are very dated now.

They dont go out for a reason: they suck and noone wants to play them, and not even indie companies make em.

So yah, all 10 of you will have to quit MMOs.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

So... what?

I'm trying to find what the point is to these threads at this time.  Sure, there were people trying to convince others of their opinions in the past when the game was still fresh, but do you really think you're going to convince anyone who still plays the game that they're wrong and it's bad?

Every post that mentions the censorship on the forums is usually found to have been in fault and violating rules that were constructed for those posts.  They actually follow their rules to the teeth, and most just don't take the time to learn them or enact on their forums in ways that are not indicative of civil behavior.

Let things fall too far into chaos and you have trolls, haters and fanboys just sending waves after waves of people in to fight a flame war of attrition that half the people don't even read and just comment on the original post and move on.  If you don't like something, and you know you speak with righteous truth, then simply stop play it.  It's too late to try to convince someone otherwise, and quite honestly, it's quite immature to do so in my opinion.  Let people like what games they like instead of throwing facts at people who generally don't care what you have in the first place and didn't ask for your opinion.

So long as they're having fun on their own or with other people, and their fun isn't hurting or annoying others (such as making useless threads to start up an argument that has been put on the forums over and over again) it really isn't any of our concerns when the game reaches this age.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

So... what?

I'm trying to find what the point is to these threads at this time.  Sure, there were people trying to convince others of their opinions in the past when the game was still fresh, but do you really think you're going to convince anyone who still plays the game that they're wrong and it's bad?

Every post that mentions the censorship on the forums is usually found to have been in fault and violating rules that were constructed for those posts.  They actually follow their rules to the teeth, and most just don't take the time to learn them or enact on their forums in ways that are not indicative of civil behavior.

Let things fall too far into chaos and you have trolls, haters and fanboys just sending waves after waves of people in to fight a flame war of attrition that half the people don't even read and just comment on the original post and move on.  If you don't like something, and you know you speak with righteous truth, then simply stop play it.  It's too late to try to convince someone otherwise, and quite honestly, it's quite immature to do so in my opinion.  Let people like what games they like instead of throwing facts at people who generally don't care what you have in the first place and didn't ask for your opinion.

So long as they're having fun on their own or with other people, and their fun isn't hurting or annoying others (such as making useless threads to start up an argument that has been put on the forums over and over again) it really isn't any of our concerns when the game reaches this age.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

man u speak my minde

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

so basically they should allow the same exact threads over and over offer that no sort of substanence and littered with misinformation? if you spend some time in the official forums you will notice they generally lock/move/delete threads that are duplicates of ongoing threads.. why do you need 100 threads bitching about the exact same thing? they condense those into a single thread of the same topic.. many official forums do this.

No but when a thread is open about these kinds of complaints about the content closing them down after 5 replies only pushes them to the back if not deleting them from view (as GW2 forum search engine leaves alot to be desired) so it stands to reason that the only thing players can do to let new players know what's actually happening in the games end game is to repeat posts about the same topic.

It's very easy to see that they do have the tendency for witch-hunting when posters ARE following the rules but still have their threads closed down, there's plenty of examples of that going on in their forums.

And one might say sure it's their forums they can do what they want yeah, however if they were at all honest and had nothing to hide about their endgame and how it now plays post nov 15th 2012 then they would leave these threads open for discussion rule breaking or not. Some of these rules they have are just there to have as an excuse to close down threads for any reason they can find like mentioning the word Arenanet. For example:

"Arenanet makes a great game until you reach level 80" where the author goes down a list of things they would like to see improvements on mentioning nov 15th and it's problems like ascended gear and lack of loot and they'd close the thread saying it had the word Arenanet in it thus it didn't need to stay open

That's the kind of censorship the OP is talking about, nothing acidic or vile or trolling something as simple as that. There's this tendency to keep the new potential players from knowing what type of game this has become instead of fixing the problems. Like the now 1500 post thread, instead of acknowledging there's a real issue about loot they have done everything they can to discredit the players who have posted on this second thread (the first one was 1200 posts long before closing it). They don't want new players to know that once you reach level 80 you'll be funneled to the store to get exotic gear, so they have called the players who've posted to that thread conspiracy theorists and their claims "perceived" not real. despite screenshots and videos of the actual loot experiences of the players in events.

Another guy posted about how undead chickens drop better loot then veterans/champions/dragons. It's sad but it's true. I'm very surprised that one stayed open because usually they close those threads down instantly.

That's the kind of censorship I'm talking about.

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    Mikahr, what the hell are you talking about? do you understand the success that those games have had an MMO market?
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

... snip

Yeah look at this total lack of civil behavior and violation of rules.

(User was infracted for this post.)

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/archive/wintersday/I-suggest-a-song-composing-contest

and this one - totally out of control person here - probably sharpened a shiv while typing all this out

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/crafting/Can-we-talk-cooking

and this one - caring about bots in the game - who the eff do they think they are trying to alert the almighty that problems are around - blasphemy - everything is perfect - say it to yourself over and over and over

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Some-bot-screens-been-there-for-days

Those are just some surviving that weren't infracted THEN deleted.

See, OP you can never reason with these people.

I'm out.

After reading the OP, I though the official GW2 forum mods just infracted bad opinions about the game to hide the truth about how crappy GW2 is,

It seems those aren't people bad mouthing the game.

In fact they were infracted because they are duplicates of threads.

Like this one is a duplicate and there must be some 5903817 threads in this sub forums complaining about the official GW2 moderation.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Sodahz
    Mikahr, what the hell are you talking about? do you understand the success that those games have had an MMO market?

I have yet to see mmo's with WoW's design have anywhere near the success of WoW instead they close down or become Freemium rather quickly let's be honest about it. it was a good game design in 1999 but the gaming community has matured since then and people actually have lives now they don't have time to spend their entire lives on games that don't offer rewards even with hours of hard work like the old designs used to be.

• PewpsockemzPewpsockemz Member Posts: 49
    I think the forums are great. Very minimal useless information and everyone is friendly. Maybe is not the censorship but the beating of an overly dead horse that the mods don't want people to talk about.