Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More offensive behavior by CRS on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/#!/battlegroundeurope

There are jokes,  and then there are just plain offensive crap like this.  Over 200,000 japanese died due to us dropping the bomb in World War 2 and the mindtrust at CRS decides to make light of it on their facebook page saying Randy "The Macho Man" Savage helped with it.   I wonder what the Japanese Americans that had family lost during this event think this is funny?

-Rig

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

making a game about real life tragedies is one thing. Publicly joking about the tragedies is another thing. I wonder why microsoft havent released a Flight Simulator: WTC Edition.

Seriously why even make a ww2 mmo.... im tired of all these ww2 games. Devs really are running out of ideas.... and joke about it.

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

Er.. ok.

It's a tasteless joke but try to lighten up a bit hey.

Personal vendetta comes to mind as to why you posted this thread.

Frankly if you want to demonize someone for xyz reason you're gonna find that reason.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

This game must really have pissed on your coco puffs for you to go on a crusade about this game like this

You know, you could just move and play something else. Unless you have gotten so upset you have literally developed OCD about it. You know like that guy that shows up once in awhile asking about about the fundamental differences between a rogue and a warrior.

Just move on man. Is it really worth you giving it that much of your attention? Go get your feelings hurt by some other game instead

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    you realize the topic for that photo is "Battleground:  Europe"  Japan is in Asia.  quit reading into things so much.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Droping the 2 weapons in 1945 saved alot of lives and was the only reason the Japanese surendered.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Droping the 2 weapons in 1945 saved alot of lives and was the only reason the Japanese surendered.

However making light of it with a WWF wrestler with all the lives being lost is acceptable?

• anfiach`anfiach` Member UncommonPosts: 110
    That was awful but seriously Tilo, let it go.
    Originally posted by rojo6934

making a game about real life tragedies is one thing. Publicly joking about the tragedies is another thing. I wonder why microsoft havent released a Flight Simulator: WTC Edition.

Seriously why even make a ww2 mmo.... im tired of all these ww2 games. Devs really are running out of ideas.... and joke about it.

It's an MMO that was released in 2001 kinda hard to unmake ( though I guess they are trying)

Originally posted by anfiach`

CRS makes it far too easy to let it go.  Just consider what I do a community service helping expose corruption.....and besides,  it is so damn entertaining and fun watching all the meltdowns here since these forums are not patrolled like they are there.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

wow talk about whiney.....i thought it was funny.

And if you think thats bad...stay away from my facebook page...i make fun of midgets in chaps!

Originally posted by Rigamortis

CRS makes it far too easy to let it go.  Just consider what I do a community service helping expose corruption.....and besides,  it is so damn entertaining and fun watching all the meltdowns here since these forums are not patrolled like they are there.

It looks like you're the one having a meltdown.

Hardly :) and you would think differently if you saw my inbox here and on the official forums the last 2 days.

yes....filled with 2!!!!! emails.

Originally posted by miagisan

Nice quick edit their  removing your offensive pic....a bit late though.

Originally posted by miagisan

Nice quick edit their  removing your offensive pic....a bit late though.

hmmm i didnt....odd....

i'll be back when i track it down again!

/runs off to the batmobile

Found it:

and its not offensive....they said it themselves, that they awoke the sleeping giant, and we were isolationists before they bombed us with no intent in entering the war.

Just goes to show you, you take things way too seriously.

Hardly :) and you would think differently if you saw my inbox here and on the official forums the last 2 days.

Maybe so, but the more posts like this, the more it looks like you are asking for abuse from some fanboi. They aren't the smoking gun you're looking for.

• CeTheGreatCeTheGreat Member Posts: 84
    Tilo you need help bro lol. You do look for anything big or small to find a reason for yet another pointless rage at CRS. At first I thought it was a bug up your arse, now it's recruitment effort to start an anti CRS army and unfortunately your slowly working towards walking alone brother. Let s**t go dude. Damn

This discussion has been closed.