Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained: RvR is the ONLY Game

Comments

• znaiikaznaiika Member Posts: 203
    Is graphic wise going to be same as the first daoc? or modern?

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

this will be fun man some of you why why even post  does eit make you feel big and bad A@# to put people and a game  down god there 1000s of bla games out there to me  ok i font like  modt of them combat  systems of wow and most mmos is crap pure   crap but  if i dont like it doese that give me the right to voice how much i hate wow and its combat and most of the mmos out there got the 10 yeqar old crap combat system  no i dont i say cool enjoy your game i wont play   so the point is quit it pure and simple  stop  being nagative  if you dont like it dont be a wanker   i hope this game rocks i will enjoy to try it Doac was one of the  best mmos i ever played

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Err "there are no successful pvp only mmos"

Nope planetside 2 is pretty darn successful, servers still full, see new people all the time. A lot more successful than recent "lets copy wow and add a gimmick" mmos.

Now pve only mmos, yeah they all flopped.
    Also cu isn't just rvr,they have crafting, economy, housing etc.. they just aren't bothering with the dungeons, raids and quests. Which let's face it, those are the bits of mmos that have gotten old hat
  • GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

I have to laugh at people who think an RvR game with territory control, limited fast travel and a 'harsh' death penalty is somehow a new idea?

(It's not... in case you missed the point there?)

I like concept... but I really don't think this dev team can pull it off any better than any of the existing offerings.

Jacobs certainly can't.

I see comments like "That exception is if there are not enough crafters, we reserve the right to make sure that things like population imbalance do not end up in a cascading and insurmountable disaster for a realm." and it simply shows that this team really don't understand very much about what they are attempting to achieve.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Do i smell Darkfall or Mortal Online quality :) Wait a sec! They menaged to create picture of sword, sorry my bad

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    This isn't going to work.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Will need more to win my money and Im an old school DAoC fan. But the simple but meaty PvE world is needed IMO. Open world dungeons are something I remembering from DAoC that still in my mind shines about most MMOs. Comes to a point even the most hard core PvPer wants to chill with friends in PvE. 
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Also cu isn't just rvr,they have crafting, economy, housing etc.. they just aren't bothering with the dungeons, raids and quests. Which let's face it, those are the bits of mmos that have gotten old hat

Aye, I'm sick of questing. I really wouldn't mind some awesome Dragon raids in Camelot Unchained though. It was nice having so many people get together to try and take down a dragon. I'd like to have their head on my wall at my ingame house :)

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Gyrus

I have to laugh at people who think an RvR game with territory control, limited fast travel and a 'harsh' death penalty is somehow a new idea?

It's not a new idea, I don't remember anyone saying it was. An old idea can still be a fresh idea, when the market is as stagnated as it is.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

Can't wait to see this guy trying to express his mess of a plan for the kickstarter video.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Edit...not sure how I messed up the quotes here.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

So...PS 2 with swords.  It might work, it might not.  I believe Mr. Jacobs is taking a hell of a risk with his immature and almost cocky attitude towards the thing, but hey, he has made a hell of a lot more games than I ever have.  He obviously knows a lot I don't.

Fully realizing he intends for this game to be niche, I think he mayu be going...to niche.  I can see this getting boring as all hell real fast.  

Anyway, before it all starts I am not here to troll/flame/start crap, and I have nothing against Mr. Jacobs or any of the games he has had a hand in as none of them really sucked me in enough to give a  ... well to care that much.

On the other side, once Archeage relaeases all other games will cease to exist.  Ok that was a little troll :)  anyway, best of luck with your game people.

• xFortunadoxxFortunadox Member UncommonPosts: 5

People on here need to stop whining about the posting style.  It's a passion project.  Go read the FAQ and you can tell that they're joking around like crazy.  God forbid they have fun with their project.

This project will succeed or fail based on whether or not the game has these features.

A substantial PvE system that has virtually no questing and returns to the EQ/DAoC system that is desperately needed in this modern-WoW environment.

A rich lore in the environment.

Open world dungeons.

Proper balancing of CC.

An interrupt system for casting.

No ML's (lawl)

The fact that this game is appealing to a specific niche of gaming is what will sell it.  The more they cater to this and not try to be more than they are, the more they'll succeed.  People who are casual gamers will play a new DAoC if it has a substantial population irrespective of how steep the learning curve is.  Not having a significant population will kill it.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

the few information we know about this game sounds very interesting but it seems the entire game will be pvp focused. There doesnt seem to be any pve content so im not interested. 

PvPers sure will enjoy it, but no pve = no game for me.

Well its not really ps2 with swords as ps2 doesn't have crafting, housing and ecconomy.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    He sure is saying the right things.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I liked DAoC because of its PvE content and it being tied into the PvP battle.  I have no interest in what you are creating now, but good luck to you.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Err "there are no successful pvp only mmos"

Nope planetside 2 is pretty darn successful, servers still full, see new people all the time. A lot more successful than recent "lets copy wow and add a gimmick" mmos.

Now pve only mmos, yeah they all flopped.

Old hat for a minority of gamers as the rest of us continue to enjoy such things and keep the genre well paid for it.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Everyone says niche game now until the servers crash due to population.  Just looking at GW2 shows there is huge intrest in RvR and most of the players are drooling for a Shadowbane 2 (done right).

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113
    If mark can do it right, I see it doing well.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

People stating their OPINION is neither whining nor trolling.  Both of these terms are thrown around way to often and I get the feeling that the majority of people using them have no idea what they mean.

Anyway, best of luck with your game.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    I'm interested in this type of MMO but not going to get too excited until I see the game in action. Too many devs talk a good game but fail to deliver. I just want to be sure.
  • CyborWolfTKCyborWolfTK Member Posts: 77

Just got one word of Caution: FURY.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

I can judge only form the title of the game that it will suck balls.

First we got age of conan unchained and now camelot unchained

It's very clear that the people behind this game have no imagination.Not even for creating a unique game title.