Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is what happens on the "Official" forums

2»

Comments

• anfiach`anfiach` Member UncommonPosts: 110

Let's be fair, the forums are indeed over moderated, I mean this:

"Thanks for the personal attack larry it really supports the garbage you have posted in the past."

Got me a TOS for flaming.

Incidentally, so did this:

"CRS will not allow posts to remain that put them in any negative light or criticize the outstanding leadership they have shown the player base and the gaming world. :D"

But maybe that was borderline :P

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167

Bitter because of you mods.  Silky, you sometimes forget there are people on the end of your messages.  Also, with the age difference between you and most other players, your way of thinking and acting does not gel well.

I am happy these forums are here and it's a place for those that have ideas, views, and positive/negative feedback for the game to freely post as long as there is not a direct attack of person or persons.

The "official" forums is a gestapo run zone that is hiding the piles of feces with Lysol Spray.  You are very much guilty of such spray.  Anyone that has posted much in crs zone knows that.

Again, just remember what your sharp tongue does to people.  I think mods forget that.  When they do it affects the game in a negative way.  Lost subs over a "I don't agree or particularly like CRS today" post that gets modded to death leads to an already upset person being pushed over the edge.  This is a fact.

Think about it as that is what people are doing here now....thinking without the cutting and pasting.

• Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134
    Just out of interest Axishatr, how old do you think I am? You've mentioned it in a couple of posts and just to set you straight I'm old enough that being called young is a compliment

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

And I've posted in the last few days that the over-moderated feel is something I will take with me

But

It should be evident to everyone that threads going on and on about perceived CRS mistakes can't be allowed to dominate the forums, especially when the tone is so abrasive.

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

Sometimes your attitude and way of coming across as a mod makes you seem much younger then you are.  Lipton has let me know that at times youve let mod and crs status go to your head.  Thats okay.  Sometimes authority will do that.

Take it easy.  Nice to have free discussions here.

• anfiach`anfiach` Member UncommonPosts: 110
    WWhat makes it most laughable is that they are closed forums that only current premium subscribers can read. It's not as if it deters potential customers for there to be any negative threads there.

The main problem about negative posts, in the companies eyes, which is relayed to all mods and gms is that there must not be a "rallying or collection of people in any form that could gain a group powerful enough to sway the community against the company and is to be crushed immediately"

If you are/were a vocal leader and there was a gathering collection of supporters.....you were axed.  Even though the intent wasn't to crush crs but to get changes and issues fixed.  They don't want that.  That's why its not allowed.  Any gathering, and then a virtual finger given by crs to that group would end up causing people to leave.  Plus a group that is allowed to discuss and gain strength would get a foothold, not unlike a union.

This forum is the union guys.  Use it.

Axishatr - I've gotten things wrong, for sure; gone in too bluntly on occasions and intervened when maybe I should've allowed a Rat to address side-specific concerns. Of course negative feedback is never pleasant to have but on the whole I'm reasonably happy with what I've done as a mod. When I close a thread, I usually give a reason. When I remove a thread, I usually PM the starter and sometimes get something approaching a resolution or consensus. Not all mods put their heads above the parapet, but I've never wanted to be seen as invisible or acting with impunity. Maybe that was a poor choice by me, who knows. But you've got to follow your gut, which is what I've always done.

As I've said before, the myth that thrives here is that decent, reasonable discussion is restricted at the official forums. That's not accurate. Nearly all removed posts are abrasive, trolling or antagonistic. Discussion forums bring out the worst of people, trust me

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

• CeTheGreatCeTheGreat Member Posts: 84
    These forums are boring me now. It's the same stuff but different ways of saying it. Deuces fellas. Enjoy your open forums for continual self pleasure bashing :)

S!

Originally posted by Silky303
    Axishatr - I've gotten things wrong, for sure; gone in too bluntly on occasions and intervened when maybe I should've allowed a Rat to address side-specific concerns. Of course negative feedback is never pleasant to have but on the whole I'm reasonably happy with what I've done as a mod. When I close a thread, I usually give a reason. When I remove a thread, I usually PM the starter and sometimes get something approaching a resolution or consensus. Not all mods put their heads above the parapet, but I've never wanted to be seen as invisible or acting with impunity. Maybe that was a poor choice by me, who knows. But you've got to follow your gut, which is what I've always done.

As I've said before, the myth that thrives here is that decent, reasonable discussion is restricted at the official forums. That's not accurate. Nearly all removed posts are abrasive, trolling or antagonistic. Discussion forums bring out the worst of people, trust me

And I have been the abrasive kind, don't get me wrong.  However, it is usually a discussion that gets axed because of personal ideals of individuals that sometimes makes for bad forum blood.

I've only seen parts of the mod conduct and rules book.  Yes, that 16 page lawyer juiced on write up that no one else is suppose to see.  You see, over the years and the issues I personally brought up, mostly the pricing matrix, I gained some higher up support.  That goes back to the gathering of people issue and why its not allowed.  Anyways, I got a little glimpse on what is and what isn't allowed and some of the ideas behind those rules.  Don't bother asking I won't give that persons name away but he/she isn't playing anymore.

I understand the thinking for the most part, but I am mostly talking about discussions that simpy were not anti crs, but had a strong FIX THIS NOW vibe to them......which then turned into a following and then the mess that insued.

I know its not you Silky.  It's more the legal garbage that you have to follow, but you agreed to it when you took the position.  Those rules themselves are something right out of a dictatorship training manual.  When you add in personal feelings it really gets out of control.  Both sides mind you, but it doesnt have to be that way.  Well, until there is a rewrite.

I am disappointed in OHM.  He seemed like a level headed honest hard working "heartland" guy, but he has been honed into a crs gestapo machine to.  That is sad.  Sad what giving the big stick does to little people.....

S!  Hope you've had a chance to get some flying in.  I always wanted to get in the air with you for missions.  I've flown off your right wing a few times, but never for multiple sorties.  You are a good guy.  Don't let the forum modding ruin that.

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207

A few things I would like to reply to.  First off CE,  embarassing myself?  You act like people know me personally in game or something......so no I am not.  You are more then welcome to spin it and say it,  but that isn't facts.  As far as me not posting after the original post as some type of admission of guilt.....I was outside "having a life" and not glued to these forums.  As for the exact thread I posted,  unfortunately since the post was removed there is no way I could give you an exact quote.  However,  if it WAS against TOS....why was it only removed and me not given another warning / vacation?  It just clearly shows they have an agenda to shut me up.  I will quote what I said to the best of my memory below.

Dawnp wrote "Always said that if they give me back my original name I'd be a Gold builder."

In response to that I wrote "I would be happy to support the game further and purchase (4) hero accounts if they removed certain particular AHC / volunteer Rats".

Also,  if this forum bores you CE,  why do you continue have to post rebuttals and replies here?  For all the "fans" of this game blindly defending it here tooth and nail,  why do so if these forums are no big deal?  Shouldn't you all be back on the official forums continuing to pat each other on the back trying to reassure each other how great CRS is and how confident you are the game has a future?

-Rig

p.s. - Silky you will always be my friend no matter how corrupt CRS makes you (j/k)

CE - Regardless of all the banter here....and all the mean things you say about me,  you will have my respect and still consider you a friend as well.

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)
  • CeTheGreatCeTheGreat Member Posts: 84
    Tilo, I think your going off the deep end with this vendetta man. I read these forums still because of the reason I first joined , and that was to see all this hatred towards a " Game " I'd hate to see how you would react to being fired or laid off :P I'd run for the hills if I had to fire you lol. I would consider you as a friend tilo, but dude you gotta let this go. Me and many people still love this game and to hear all the vile and pure trolling about it honestly bothers me.