Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want this game bad now..

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by FromHell

It´s a trick to stretch content, you need 3 characters to see all of the game? Have fun leveling alts? Meh..

Bad idea, lazy design. I don´t want 3 characters, I want  a seamless world exploreable for ONE character

Not sure how we can assume it's "lazy" without seeing the world as it stands. Besides would simply removing boundaries be any less "lazy"? There wouldn't be anymore content than there is now.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

In 2009 complained about Age of Conan having "not enough launch content", well at least the game was HONEST and you could have whatever race or origin country and go EVERYWHERE and travel around and level in each country, so you could see everything at once if you wanted.

Fine, and TESO 2013 now found the ultimate trick! why not split up the content into three parts, so you need three times longer to see all content with 3 characters...

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by SuperNick

It´s a trick to stretch content, you need 3 characters to see all of the game? Have fun leveling alts? Meh..

Bad idea, lazy design. I don´t want 3 characters, I want  a seamless world exploreable for ONE character

Um, there's no way in hell they can hope to have 100% individual content for each faction - it's more than likely the starting zone(s) will be faction restricted, then you'll break out into the same zones with each other. Pretty much every single faction based MMO does this, it's not exactly a "new" idea or some kind of trick lol.

So yeah, if you want to see the first 10 levels of each faction, you'll need 3 characters.

i dunno looking at the map they have out looks like each faction is in their own zones till they meet up in the middle PVP map.. could be wrong on that though just how it looked on the map i saw...

oh found this

u can choose from three factions in the game that are at war with each other. Does this mean you'll be forced to fight a player from an enemy faction if you just stumble across them while exploring?
    The levelling portion of the game is segregated by Alliance, so you won’t be running into enemies while adventuring. They’ll be in their Alliance home zones and you’ll be in yours. When you do go PvP, you travel to Cyrodiil, the province in the middle of Tamriel where the Alliance War is taking place.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Elder-Scrolls-Online-interview---Matt-Firor/tabid/418/articleID/284162/Default.aspx

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

In 2009 complained about Age of Conan having "not enough launch content", well at least the game was HONEST and you could have whatever race or origin country and go EVERYWHERE and travel around and level in each country, so you could see everything at once if you wanted.

Fine, and TESO 2013 now found the ultimate trick! why not split up the content into three parts, so you need three times longer to see all content with 3 characters...

I didn't mind the way AOC was setup, it certainly didn't take away the fun factor, the bugs and other issues on the other hand...

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Distopia

Not sure how we can assume it's "lazy" without seeing the world as it stands. Besides would simply removing boundaries be any less "lazy"? There wouldn't be anymore content than there is now.

So, what takes longer leveling 1 char to 50 possible to play in all areas, or restricting faction areas and leveling 3 characters to 50 to see everything? This restriction is an obvious time sink method, sorry. Also how on earth does this go with the concept of previous ES games?

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

So, what takes longer leveling 1 char to 50 possible to play in all areas, or restricting faction areas and leveling 3 characters to 50 to see everything? This restriction is an obvious time sink method, sorry. Also how on earth does this go with the concept of previous ES games?

how does world of warcraft concept fit in the previous warcraft games? really never understood why people are so bent out of shape the game isn't simply skyrim with MMO features thrown in

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

oh found this

u can choose from three factions in the game that are at war with each other. Does this mean you'll be forced to fight a player from an enemy faction if you just stumble across them while exploring?
    The levelling portion of the game is segregated by Alliance, so you won’t be running into enemies while adventuring. They’ll be in their Alliance home zones and you’ll be in yours. When you do go PvP, you travel to Cyrodiil, the province in the middle of Tamriel where the Alliance War is taking place.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Elder-Scrolls-Online-interview---Matt-Firor/tabid/418/articleID/284162/Default.aspx

Yeah, i'll be surprised if they pull that off. Basically to achieve that they need 150 levels worth of content.

Sounds a little far fetched to me that each faction has 50 levels worth of content and then some.

It doesn't, I can't comment toward the PVE content, combat, adventuring/exploration or lore delivery devices as they could feel very intune with a TES experience, yet they might not. The overall game though is something else entirely, as it's PVP focused in all aspects it seems.

I won't complain about a game keeping me around longer in this day and age, if I'm rolling alts they're doing something right.

oh found this

Yeah, i'll be surprised if they pull that off. Basically to achieve that they need 150 levels worth of content.

Sounds a little far fetched to me that each faction has 50 levels worth of content and then some.

well the games BIG draw is the PVP map as it is literally the center piece of the game.. so really i see it hanging on how well that aspect is implemented

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

oh found this

well the games BIG draw is the PVP map as it is literally the center piece of the game.. so really i see it hanging on how well that aspect is implemented

i agree....success of this game will be determined primarily by the pvp area. Crafting is another big thing in my books, but i will reserve judgement until they release more info.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    Lets hope it does not fail to deliver.I cant stand any more failures.This will be my last hope and if it fails im done once and for all with mmos
  • dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by Zefire
    Lets hope it does not fail to deliver.I cant stand any more failures.This will be my last hope and if it fails im done once and for all with mmos

Be prepared for anything. Even, if it will be fall, it will hurt less when you hit the ground ;)

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Remind me again how successful Aoc was.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I never even thought about the time sink consequences of the faction area lock.  If that's their plan, they're more guilty of Blizzard at stretching out those sub dollars.  Again, my opinion is that the lock is not good at all, but it wouldn't stop me from trying the game.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

Honestly, faction-area lock is a big flaw, in my opinion.  They should have just left PvP and faction wars aside from PvE, as they already did, only so they could add something like "guesting" or some kind of feature that would allow you to go into other areas of Tamriel or explore dungeons with your friends from different factions, if you desire so. Even WoW did things like these right. If you were horde and wanted to explore Stormwind, nothing could stop you from doing so (just care not to encounter one of those "boss-type" NPCs :D )

You want to go to war for your covenant, go ahead! If you dont care about war and other stuff (read PvP), no one have to restrict you from exploring whatever area you want to. Hell, even in Skyrim, you got those Khajitt folks with caravans, who didnt give a damn about Dominon wars or Stormcloaks uprising, or any of those political stuff... all they cared about is how will they sell their things and make a profit :)) ...

And, if it is not about being Elder Scrolls, why is it called "Elder Scrolls Online" in the first place (there could be one reason for that, but i will avoid to mention it this time :P )?

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

Originally posted by dzoni87

And, if it is not about being Elder Scrolls, why is it called "Elder Scrolls Online" in the first place (there could be one reason for that, but i will avoid to mention it this time :P )?

Yeah, this is the problem I have with the whole debacle.  Maybe the devs didn't figure they could get anywhere without putting a popular IP on the box, because while faction locks are slightly irritating in and of themselves, the point is that ESO is attached to a game series that has been going strong for a decade and a half based on exploration in a sandboxy environment. 

Now we get a watered down version with more spell effects and rigid MMO mechanics.  Why bother?  It might be a great game, but it's not Elder Scrolls.

Originally posted by Eir_S

Yeah, this is the problem I have with the whole debacle.  Maybe the devs didn't figure they could get anywhere without putting a popular IP on the box, because while faction locks are slightly irritating in and of themselves, the point is that ESO is attached to a game series that has been going strong for a decade and a half based on exploration in a sandboxy environment. 

Now we get a watered down version with more spell effects and rigid MMO mechanics.  Why bother?  It might be a great game, but it's not Elder Scrolls.

game uses ES races, set in ES world, uses ES lore, combat is based on ES models from past games but tweaked for an MMO enviornment.. how is it not ES?

honestly still seems really rash to judge the game and called it not ES this early and without playing it...

I didn't get bent out of shape when world of warcraft came out and it wasn't an RTS based

game uses ES races, set in ES world, uses ES lore, combat is based on ES models from past games but tweaked for an MMO enviornment.. how is it not ES?

honestly still seems really rash to judge the game and called it not ES this early and without playing it...

I didn't get bent out of shape when world of warcraft came out and it wasn't an RTS based

Fair enough.  As not the hugest fan of TES, I might be the wrong person to say those things.  I'm going to try the game regardless, and if I like it and the TES fans don't, I'm still going to play it.  I just think if I like one faction far better than the others, I should be able to see the whole game with them.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

agreed on this site there seems to be a few people that diss this game no matter what sort of argument is valid about this game. Some people are just angry this isnt oblivion or skyrim online. Some also seem to hate the idea of the pvp being modeled after daoc as well. I for one find this to be the game that i think I enjoy the most out of all mmorpgs ive played since DAOC if they do it right. The lore in TES is awesome as are the unique races , add in daoc style pvp and you will have one happy camper with myself.

Originally posted by cronius77

agreed on this site there seems to be a few people that diss this game no matter what sort of argument is valid about this game. Some people are just angry this isnt oblivion or skyrim online. Some also seem to hate the idea of the pvp being modeled after daoc as well. I for one find this to be the game that i think I enjoy the most out of all mmorpgs ive played since DAOC if they do it right. The lore in TES is awesome as are the unique races , add in daoc style pvp and you will have one happy camper with myself.

for me i love the ES lore but overall for me it will really come down to how well the final product gameplay feels and how well the pvp works.. hopefully it doesn't dissapoint..

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

The ES single player games are more focused on story telling, they are playable books with crappy combat thrown in between the pages. That doesnt transfer over to an MMO style game well no matter how you try and slice it.

The problem here is there is no problem, its just your opinion on how they are doing it is your own and you feel the need to tell everyone about it. The PvP is based around 3 faction warfare, if they didnt have faction locks it would fail to be what they are trying to make this game into. If you don't like it, don't play it, its pretty easy. I don't get people who harp on stuff they don't like instead of finding something else they do like or better yet making it themselves. Do you just post nonsense to add too your post count?

Originally posted by Fearum

The ES single player games are more focused on story telling, they are playable books with crappy combat thrown in between the pages. That doesnt transfer over to an MMO style game well no matter how you try and slice it.

Theproblem here is there is no problem, its just your opinion on how they are doing it is your own and you feel the need to tell everyone about it. The PvP is based around 3 faction warfare, if they didnt have faction locks it would fail to be what they are trying to make this game into. If you don't like it, don't play it, its pretty easy. I don't get people who harp on stuff they don't like instead of finding something else they do like or better yet making it themselves.

FORGIVE ME MASTER, FOR HAVING AN OPINION ON THE INTERNET THAT DOESN'T MATCH YOUR OWN!  I SHALL KEEP THEM TO MYSELF!

*prostrates*

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

You mean the previous TES games that limited you to one explorable country?

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Theproblem here is there is no problem, its just your opinion on how they are doing it is your own and you feel the need to tell everyone about it. The PvP is based around 3 faction warfare, if they didnt have faction locks it would fail to be what they are trying to make this game into. If you don't like it, don't play it, its pretty easy. I don't get people who harp on stuff they don't like instead of finding something else they do like or better yet making it themselves.

FORGIVE ME MASTER, FOR HAVING AN OPINION ON THE INTERNET THAT DOESN'T MATCH YOUR OWN!  I SHALL KEEP THEM TO MYSELF!

*prostrates*

Ok, obviously its all about your post count, thanks for confirming this. GW2 does nothing for me, but do you see me making posts about how the game is nothing like I think it should be? No, because I don't plan on playing it. Why would I waste my time? You don't like my opinion on your post, you don't have to get all puffy about it. It was more of a question of why people continue to post about games that they do not like if you can read between the lines.

*prostrates*

Ok, obviously your all about post count, thanks for confirming this. GW2 does nothing for me, but do you see me making posts about how the game is nothing like I think it should be? No, because I don't plan on playing it.

And you're obviously about telling me that there's a problem with me telling other people my opinion on a public forum.  OH EMM GEE BILLY!  Not to be rude or anything, but that's the silliest complaint I've heard today.  But hey, maybe you can tweak your own advice and you know, not read my posts if you don't like them.  Nowhere did I say I don't intend to play the game, especially not based on something that really doesn't bother me that much, just that it seems to be a problem for others and I can understand their POV.