Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Game you W8ting

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
which game you w8ting  and what you think  will be any  game this year successful?

Comments

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Got my eye on a few this year, Archage and TESO are the ones im looking out for. Pre Orderd DarkFall UW but can't see me playing much.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by davc123
    which game you w8ting  and what you think  will be any  game this year successful?
    *sent from my Motorola Razr2

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    at the moment, EQ Next, but im not expecting it until mid- late 2014, its about the only game on the horizon that has my interest anyway, no idea how successful it will be image
  • Cry0Cry0 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    TESO although I have intentionally not read a ton about it because I want to be surprised =P
  • WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

I have to admit that nothing is really got me hyped at all. I think I was overhyped for SWTOR and we all know how that sucked so maybe I am too cautious, and maybe that's why I have gone back to an old and established MMO.

The only way I think I could get hyped by a new MMO would be the announcement of SWG 2, but I know that will never happen which is unfortunate.

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

Potentials for this year:

• Firefall
    • Defiance
    • FFXIV relaunch
    • Elder Scrolls Online
    • Bless (Korean MMO, looking forward to this one because it has potential to release in the West very soon after Korea)
    • ArcheAge (though usually with most korean MMOs, this will probably be 2 years too late)
    • WildStar Online (it doesn't look absolutely stunning from videos but it has the potential to be something very special and fun)
    That's bout it - of the list TESO has the biggest potential I think.

Sure, SWTOR and GW2 kinda sucked but this industry gets sucky titles all the time, I see these as no different and just move on to someone else getting it right.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I'm waiting to see if TESO looks better than it sounds, I kind of dropped my interest in AA a while ago... Defiance looks like it could be fun but for how long?  Neverwinter's combat looks fun, so there's that too.  I dunno, 2013 doesn't seem that exciting so far, but maybe I missed something.
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

I hate asian games, but so far only game preview that got me somewhat excited was ArcheAges. Unlike most here I do hope it gets westernised properly so that it's playable. 

Sorry to say but ESO looks like just another "same-old-same-old".

Neverwinter will have some decent tweaks but not enough for me.

Also, not to flame but... is "w8ting" really much shorter then typing 'waiting" ?

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

Originally posted by sacredfool

I hate asian games, but so far only game preview that got me somewhat excited was ArcheAges. Unlike most here I do hope it gets westernised properly so that it's playable. 

I think waiting for innovation in the MMO industry is a bit like waiting for innovation in the FPS genre. You're probably not ever going to see what you're hoping to see.

ArcheAge is a nice step in the right direction but with the exception of SWG (which wasn't really a monstrous success but did enjoy some good times) those sandbox MMOs have basically all flopped on their head.

• Cry0Cry0 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by SuperNick

ArcheAge is a nice step in the right direction but with the exception of SWG (which wasn't really a monstrous success but did enjoy some good times) those sandbox MMOs have basically all flopped on their head.

Shadowbane was awesome =P

Way under appreciated.

Originally posted by Cry0

Shadowbane was awesome =P

Way under appreciated.

Personally hated it but I know it captured a good niché market which yeah i'll agree is still a success to some extent.

DarkFall and Eve have done this too - so I guess i'd add SB to those games in that regard.

• RossbossRossboss Member Posts: 240
    Just waiting on Wildstar, looks like a good game with some solid mechanics. Not too big of hopes, but if it is good, I might play it.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I'm waiting for several mmorpgs to release in 2013:

ArcheAge

TESO

Neverwinter

Wildstar

Otherland

The Repopulation

Survarium

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Currently looking foward to:

ArcheAge

Neverwinter

Blade & Soul

Elder Scrolls

Final Fantasy Reborn

Wild Star

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    Curious about EQNext.

Following Pathfinder but that's a long way off.

Nothing else leaps to mind in the MMO space.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Also, not to flame but... is "w8ting" really much shorter then typing 'waiting" ?

It would save one extra letter if spelled "w8ing".  

Was looking forward to DF2. . not maybe TESO . . hoping Neverwinter will be some fun.  Archage I am back and forth on.  Nothing that exciting yet.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

I'm waiting for several mmorpgs to release in 2013:

ArcheAge

TESO

Neverwinter

Wildstar

Otherland

The Repopulation

Survarium

Already written off Archeage as a gank fest

TESO, well I did not like Skyrim, Morrowind for reasons I could not work out gave me motion sickness and so unless it is quite different from Skyrim I wont be playing (but if it is too different a great many fans will be calling foul).

Neverwinter: "action combat"  so I am not interested

Wildstar: was a hope a while back but looking at it now it is not a starter for me.

Otherland/ The Repopulation: SciFi and I am not going there again.

Survarium: FPS not for me.

So for this Koala it is EQ Next or nothing at this point.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

No doubt a prepubescent trying to look cool and urban.  :D

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

Of the ones expected to launch this year:

WildStar and TESO.

I'm also mildly interested in Otherland because of the setting, but cash shops turn me off and the game's gone too silent for some time now. And Repopulation is another I have my eyes on.

Long term, I'd say World of Darkness first and foremost, and yeah, Titan.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Why the 8 in ''w8ting'' made me so pissed?

I must be becoming grumpy

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• LauraFrostLauraFrost Member Posts: 95

Smed "hinted" EQ Next is going to be released this year I will keep an eye on that but will be extremely skeptical because it's SOE.

World of Darkness MMO, what happened to this one?!?!?! this is the only game I think I would enjoy.

ArchAge, meh I'm not excited despite the hype.

TESO, looks like just another of the same old crap.

• DartmedDartmed Member Posts: 36
    Many MMO will be released this year but I am only "waiting" for The Repopulation. I might check others also but I got off the hype train long ago ...  
  • MajorBiggsMajorBiggs Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Dartmed
    Many MMO will be released this year but I am only "waiting" for The Repopulation. I might check others also but I got off the hype train long ago ...  

why didn't you say 'w8ting'?

you should be ashamed.

Firefall beta (on and off) but i can say thats got me hyped as usual. I love elder scrolls and absolutely despise it being associated in anything other than "single-player only"  so meh. Repopulation sounds great, Defiance too.

After playing mmo's since AC1 I really don't have the energy to look into any game coming out unless its launch is soon, just can't go through the ups and downs of dev blogs and interviews and blah.

• aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67
    Just WildStar, and EQNext if it actually releases this year, but I'm really not expecting that. Possibly TESO if my friends are playing, but the first two are the only ones I'd say I'm actually excited about. I'll try Neverwinter with it being f2p, but not expecting much.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

time to start to hype "camelot: unchained" :P

they rest will just be a timefiller!

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"