Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This sucks

Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243
I was really hoping everyone was rite about aoc making a small come back. Ive been playing for a couple weeks after about a year break and the pop on the pvp servers is terrible. Ive done full searches at different times of day on both tyranny and Death Wish and get less then 100 people everytime. Obviousl;y theres gonna be some people that have search off but that cant be to many. I heard set is doing well but i cant play with no world pvp. I wish they would merge all the pvp servers! Until they do i guess im out =/

Darkfall - Sick
Earthrise - Sick

Comments

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Okey dokey.
  • Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    It just sucks that the game is not doing well on the pvp side. I enjoyed the game allot but one of my requirements is it has to have world pvp or it just gets boring for me. I hope funcom does something with the pvp servers. Im glad the pve server is atleast doing well and folks are enjoying it!

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    I remember i got fed up with this game by getting the out of memory error every five mins after trying to play in the expansion (the infamous Windows Vista was probably to blame) . I coud probably play it now easily with no problem, but that impression was so bad i still shudder when i think about AoC. Funny how avoidable mistakes can influence you longterm.
  • LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102

I so agree! Game is awesome and all but on Death Wish its like a ghost town....cant get mini's to pop at all. 

Oh well : /

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Sicc1
    I was really hoping everyone was rite about aoc making a small come back. Ive been playing for a couple weeks after about a year break and the pop on the pvp servers is terrible. Ive done full searches at different times of day on both tyranny and Death Wish and get less then 100 people everytime. Obviousl;y theres gonna be some people that have search off but that cant be to many. I heard set is doing well but i cant play with no world pvp. I wish they would merge all the pvp servers! Until they do i guess im out =/

There was an exodus...everyone moved to the pve server

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    I thought Age of Conan was shut down?
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    I thought Age of Conan was shut down?

You thougt wrong.

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Ya the pve serve us doing well I hear. But I have a tough time playing with no world pvp. That's why gw2 didn't last long for me. The leveling is just so boring without the thrill of random pvp.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

I guess as soon as AoC gets TSW´s single server technology it will make a lot more possible, cross dimension queuing for warzones, cross dimension guild sieges... perhaps some nifty open world PvP ruleset change on the fly? 

After all that corpse looting hardcore PvP server "Deathwish" is a niche preference, maybe the Darkfall folks should check that out as an alternative, it wasn´t advertised. AT ALL.

My "regular" PvP server Fury has good pop, can´t complain and most of the guild is steadily growing

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102

Yeah I've been playin AoC recently just waiting for Darkfall to release and I am havin a blast corpse looting BoE items n coins lol.
    People that like that niche preference should really give it a go.
    I am excited to see what single server tech will do for the game. Imagine minis popping and sieging having a healthy pop.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460
    This game didn't do well at launch, it didn't do well when it got 'fixed' and you were expecting it or the population to have improved drastically since?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by FromHell

I guess as soon as AoC gets TSW´s single server technology it will make a lot more possible, cross dimension queuing for warzones, cross dimension guild sieges... perhaps some nifty open world PvP ruleset change on the fly? 

Funcom could exchange features between AoC and TSW for the sake of improving both games a lot. How?, Adding to Aoc all those features you mentioned from TSW will improve AOC a lot. Also scratch TSW character animations and combat from TSW and add AoC's to it.

Originally posted by rojo6934

Funcom could exchange features between AoC and TSW for the sake of improving both games a lot. How?, Adding to Aoc all those features you mentioned from TSW will improve AOC a lot. Also scratch TSW character animations and combat from TSW and add AoC's to it.

As far as I know this is exactly what they are planning with the "centralized live team" in Raleigh.

They have to finish some major parts this year, getting single server tech to AoC, getting Anarchy Online on Dreamworld engine, so those are some big steps ahead for all of their games. Centralized live team sounds good, all developer people at the same spot will be an advantage for TSW / AoC and AO.

The Return of ELITE !

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

As far as I know this is exactly what they are planning with the "centralized live team" in Raleigh.

They have to finish some major parts this year, getting single server tech to AoC, getting Anarchy Online on Dreamworld engine, so those are some big steps ahead for all of their games. Centralized live team sounds good, all developer people at the same spot will be an advantage for TSW / AoC and AO.

Doubt they'll completely scratch the TSW animations though.  They do have improving the animations on the their list, though, so the centralized team will help.

Originally posted by Ortwig

Doubt they'll completely scratch the TSW animations though.  They do have improving the animations on the their list, though, so the centralized team will help.

the animations per se are good, but the in between animation blending sucks, but that is what they will improve as far as I know from some livestream.

The Return of ELITE !