Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game totally kicks ass.

OsmanthusOsmanthus Member UncommonPosts: 105

Been playing the beta all day and been having a blast!  

Back to the game!

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    is the foundry system available in the first beta? curious to hear some feedback from players on it

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Jealous! I can't play cause I'm in the ER.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

Awww.. Are you ok?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Sorry to hear that. I hope all is OK...

Recurring Complications from my recent gastric bypass surgery. Nothing "I'm gonna die" major but very frustrating.

• KhondorKhondor Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Recurring Complications from my recent gastric bypass surgery. Nothing "I'm gonna die" major but very frustrating.

TMI

I've read that surgery is extremely dangerous.. I hope everything goes ok. I spend half my life in the gym to try and avoid it.  Sometimes I'm not sure which is worse lol

Originally posted by Khondor

TMI

Nice 90's catch phrase.. No need to be a douche.

Lol

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    is the foundry system available in the first beta? curious to hear some feedback from players on it

No but theres been alot of Alpha players who have created plenty of Foundry missions....and when I say plenty I mean ALOT.  This is only a small possible percentage of the content that will see delivery too so imagine once release and this system starts churning out content faster then the most voracious player can consume it.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by azzamasin

No but theres been alot of Alpha players who have created plenty of Foundry missions....and when I say plenty I mean ALOT.  This is only a small possible percentage of the content that will see delivery too so imagine once release and this system starts churning out content faster then the most voracious player can consume it.

thanks maybe next beta they will open it up for more people to test it

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

Like totally oh my gosh, how rad dude.

Tell us more, Brosef.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

ER?

Emergency Room or European Region?

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    although i,m extremely happy that the OP says it kicks ass.i cant hep but wonder what it would have turned out like if PWE were not involved.it was they who told cryptic to make it a full blown mmo.otherwise i think we would have got a lot less of a game.but it is a game i definately will be playing..i love all things neverwinter and from what i have seen in videos i,m well up for this game.
  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    How the difficulty? I've played a several other games set up like this and they were way too easy, which totally ruins what potential these games have.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by kevjards
    ....it was they who told cryptic to make it a full blown mmo.otherwise...

The cryptic devs were the ones who begged PWE to let them make MMO not other way round. This is because MMO needed more money and larger investment.

They begged Atari too but Atari never gave them money. They let it slip in interviews too (when under Atari) that they are MMO company and wanted to make an MMO because that is what they make.

PWE allowed them freedom to do what they wanted - and if development team is allowed to make what they want to instead of being forced to make what they don't want to - Neverwinter is the result you get.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

ER?

Emergency Room or European Region?

both would suck, but I guess he meant Europe. Why posting on a game forum from an Emergency Room X-))

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• KaiserPhoenixKaiserPhoenix Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by FromHell

both would suck, but I guess he meant Europe. Why posting on a game forum from an Emergency Room X-))

Please get educated.

On topic: I am really eager to play neverwinter. Sadly, i am not in beta and i doubt i will get access anytime soon :(

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

I really worry about what was mention from the OP, there are a ton of foundry mission, people are churning them out faster then the population can consume. EEK! mass kill all these things missions with a story arch from someone with gram/spelling of a grade level of 5. Seen plenty of those in STO. Well that and then the elitest club that later gives everyone horrible scorings even thou they are actually good, but out do their own works, Seen that in STO as well. One guy had a great story that was a 5 parter and personally I thought it was very well done. It had combat, story and some minor spelling errors, but it could have easily been a startrek book. Yet, these idiots that made the "kill the invasion" (that needless to say was every other mission out there) gave this guy a horrid rating.

In the end he ended up on a 3.0 rating, mid range, but all the comments from the negatives where the same. Hmm I really want to like neverwinter but all these little things that I worried about are coming up, limited gameplay, limited characters and now a flooded founders arch. I hate being negative about this game, but even when I don't want to be it is like cryptic is saying "here you go, something to worry about". Yeah, I could just not post about it anymore, but dang, it's neverwinter, why did they have to do that to neverwinter! :P

Originally when cryptic talked about this (again still enjoy STO) there where many things mentioned, it makes me think that maybe the founders part took so long in the development that the actual game suffered for it. Don't know, something just seems off. Any of you guys get into beta that can actually write a review please do so :) thnx!

edit: NM found some vids  (nice people)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bN9VKLILFc   for one, it seems ok, but most is of course just combat. seems more instances then I care, while I knew it would be because of the founder. After watching some of these vids, its a hub / instance deal which for many probably won't be a big deal, for me it's the same ol same ol. So alas no more worries, gl to those that join up, it has it's moments but nothing that would keep me long. So NM the above ;)

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• goosiegoosie Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Did they fix the constant crashing or are people still regularly crashing?
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

Anyone that's played any online game with player made content knows that maybe one in a hundred creations are actually worth playing. Considering how utterly limited this game is you can count on the foundry being even more so. Expect many gimmicky WoW like dungeons that are distinguishable only in color and direction of path.

• adkenneradkenner Member Posts: 18

Played about 9-10 hours over the last couple days and I think it's a lot of fun! There are some bugs, all things are not working as intended (can't get the Cloak Tower instance to load properly...maybe later??)....but I think it has a lot of potential. 

I am playing a trickster rogue and am up to lv. 18. I think the combat is pretty fun, although I haven't really been able to test it with a full group. Soloing...its good. I would say that there could be a little more variety in the powers...but I'm still fairly low level. 

Stealth is a litle hard to judge at this point IMO. Stealth works for 5 seconds at a time...but it seems like mobs still see you even when you are stealthed? Maybe this is because Im too close to them when I actually enter stealth...but since it's only 5 seconds you can't sneak up on them from very far away. There don't seem to be any unique "from stealth" attacks...just additional effects on your already existing powers. I'd like to see a little more attention paid to stealth to make it more important and more unique. 

I haven't tried the other 2 classes yet, and I'm not sure I will this weekend. I think I will wait for future beta weekends for those. 

Overall, I think the game is a solid 7/10 right now in beta...with the potential to become a 9/10 by launch. I like the world, I generally like the controls, I like the systems in place (even though there are some bugs), and I like the combat. 

The last BIG important thing I want to try is group content. If its good, and not a rediculous button mashing zerg fest....then I think I will really enjoy Neverwinter for quite a long time. 

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Tera+DDO. I'm loving it.
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

Anyone that's played any online game with player made content knows that maybe one in a hundred creations are actually worth playing. Considering how utterly limited this game is you can count on the foundry being even more so. Expect many gimmicky WoW like dungeons that are distinguishable only in color and direction of path.

so i assume you base this off experience then? considering the couple videos i have seen of the foundry have shown some great potential for the system.. they have shown there will be a rating system for foundry content where you can vote on players made stuff and you will be able to look through and search content with higher ratings.. much like the nexus websaite for games like skyrim you have TONS of player made stuff and if you sift through it you will find many player made add-ons that blow the devs stuff away. Really just depends how robust the foundry system is.. but from the videos I saw the devs stated their past content creation systems are "nothing" compared to what neverwinter will offer.. i personally won't make rash judgements on it till i actually try it out.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

WOW been there done that still on the oxygen! sorry to hear that one.

On a side note odd that I didn't get a key, i thought for sure STO lifetimers were supposed to receive keys. Guess they are choosing the lifers at random or something.