Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"What if Disney gave YOU the decision to choose the developer of the next Star Wars MMORP...who woul

Comments

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

I would give it back to SOE with the stipulation that it must be SWG v1.0, the game's release version.

Further a binding agreement with strict parameters:

-they could patch bugs, and create content

-they are not to adjust nor balance the game professions in any way further. no matter what.

-Leave the Jedi system in it's original form, no adjustements.

just my 2cp

I believe leaving this system in place would have made for a better release of the launch of space travel, as well as everything else going forward.

• Sp00shSp00sh Member Posts: 48

Bioware!  I would give them a second chance, from scratch.

But for real, CCP.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    We need to get SOE to hire the original swg devs back and put them back to work. 
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    CCP, Valve, Funcom, Trion and of course SOE couldn't possibly do a worse job than BW, so choose one and do it, Disney

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• PigEyePigEye Member Posts: 78

@op

Dream is the right word, bc there will never be another SW mmo

PigEye McNasty
    DFOUW NA

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

nobody,,no matter what they do now,,the next SW mmo will have an even larger group of haters,

than this one had

from now on there are the pre CU group, post CU, and the new swtor group

all of them going" why dont they do it like in game XXX? that was the best"

i cant see any big developer touching this IP, after the previous results

small company, and a small game maybe

but i think they have learned the lesson by now

they can only persuade the suits, by promising a cash cow a la wow,,like they did with swtor

and where that way of thinking leads us,,we all know that by now

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

I would let Bioware make a Star wars game similar to Mass Effect but with a hop in and out co-op like borderlands.

As for a full MMORPG i would like ArenaNet, SOE, Trion, Blizzard, and Funcom.

Funcom and SOE are tricky. I would play it form funcom if they use character physics and combat from Age of Conan (not from TSW). As for SOE, they need to go back to their roots and allow many playable races per faction (more than swtor), and a well mixed sandpark with dynamic progression (no quest hubs with ! signs), and voice overs that dont cost 200 million (i can do high quality voice overs for beer).

Also, whoever makes it MUST add open space and let us fly our ships by ourselves from the ground to other planets and have space dynamic invasions. Free roam ftw.

And dont forget companions and romance >.> i dont care, i want those too

keep on dreaming! :p

EDIT: and bounty hunters get real jet packs with a fuel meter that can be used by pressing spacebar after jumping (like Firefall) not a crappy 1 skill jet pack like swtor did :(

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by Rider071

I would give it back to SOE with the stipulation that it must be SWG v1.0, the game's release version.

-they are not to adjust nor balance the game professions in any way further. no matter what.

just my 2cp

I believe leaving this system in place would have made for a better release of the launch of space travel, as well as everything else going forward.

why would they do that?  they already tried,,and failed

[mod edit]

most star wars fans are NOT hardcore players,,box sales for swtor prove that

thats what they realized, and SWG had  the CU,,but by then it was too late

first,,wow was in its prime,,and SWG was ageing at that point

and most hardcore fans left, when EVERYBODY could become a jedi

if they had made the CU in the first year,,maybe they could have turned it around

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by defector1968

[mod edit]

Did you know that by the original-spec defintion, respondents couldn't be considered trolls at all?

Only the first post, thread creator "trolling for an argument", could 'officially' be a troll.

But anyway, irrelevant to the thread, just historical trivia.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by Icewhite

1st reply 1st troll

this thread starts very bad

Did you know that by the original-spec defintion, respondents couldn't be considered trolls at all?

Only the first post, thread creator "trolling for an argument", could 'officially' be a troll.

It's not trivia. You are correct. The term troll has somehow degenerated in some people's minds as a defensive ploy to refute someone who has an opinion which is contrary to theirs.

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244

peter jackson

jj abram

chritopher nolan

and mmmmmmmmmmm liam neson

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by simplius
    Originally posted by Rider071

just my 2cp

why would they do that?  they already tried,,and failed

[mod edit]

most star wars fans are NOT hardcore players,,box sales for swtor prove that

thats what they realized, and SWG had  the CU,,but by then it was too late

first,,wow was in its prime,,and SWG was ageing at that point

and most hardcore fans left, when EVERYBODY could become a jedi

if they had made the CU in the first year,,maybe they could have turned it around

Um sorry but no, the CU destroyed SWG. Would not have saved it. SWG before the CU/NGE had 300k + subs, which for that time was damn good.  When the CU/NGE hit due to greed from LA, the population dropped by half.

SWG was the least hardcore game out there. Offering much freedom and choice.

SWG wasnt a failure, any game lasting 8+ years is a success in my book. It made profits, and even until the end it got some great updates and features added. Unlike the newer games that strip the features away and dumb games down.

If SWG was fixed up, balance in game was successful, new graphics, with the amount of money that SWTOR had............. yeah it would do damn well in todays market.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

Bring back the SOE team that brought us the pre-CU, and the first expansion. Let them finish the product before leaving beta (unlike last time).

It wasn't perfect. I didn't NEED to be perfect. It was ahead of it's time for sure. It's probably ahead of THIS time even; graphics notwithstanding. It was more immersive, thought-provoking, entertaining, and intricate then EVERY MMO I've tried since. I say this without a hint of exaggeration.

I can only imagine what could have been if given the proper management, budget, and goals. So if the topic is something as fanciful as a "what if", then I say... "What if!"

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

The problem with this question is that everyone out there has a different idea of how MMO's should be.

There are the hardcore sandboxy types who will invariably say CCP should make the game.

There are the hardcore themeparky types who will push for a themepark developer like Blizzard.

Then there are the "somewhere in between" people like myself, who want to have open large worlds filled with random encounters and fun places to explore, but also mix that with your typical instanced raids.  I would also want a character creation system that's totally skill based and tosses the class/level system in the garbage.  Let us build the characters we want to build and then explore the world, but have the option to jump into instanced PVE/PVP with our friends.

I don't know who could develop a game like this tbqfh.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Rockstar
  • defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by tiefighter25
    Originally posted by Icewhite

1st reply 1st troll

this thread starts very bad

It's not trivia. You are correct. The term troll has somehow degenerated in some people's minds as a defensive ploy to refute someone who has an opinion which is contrary to theirs.

troll is anything that make others start a war between a subject  ........ in  www.urbandictionary.com has a lot of it meanings

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

^^

StarVault

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Blizzard.  A bloated, overrated IP deserves a bloated, overrated developer.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    A new studio headed by Raph Koster.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Arenanet then.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

Arenanet then.

Arenanet does not come close to the popularity of either that I mentioned, try to stay realistic.

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Blizzard! Because he is the only who can make epic games, rest are in second legaue. Sorry , sorry i forgot one company, CCP on second place
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by DeaconX

So... What if.. Disney gave YOU the decision to choose the developer of the next Star Wars MMORP...who would you choose?

Consider your options and post what studio your choice would be... or even what key talents in the gaming industry :)

It's fun to dream...

i'd do it myself :P

as long they finance it at least ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I am going to say that they need to use the SWG dev team that was working on it before it shut down. That was the most talented group that I have seen in any mmo yet. The team was a skeleton crew, but they cranked out more huge/epic content in a couple of years than some other bigger teams do in many years.

They took the NGE disaster and transformed it into a really good game.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

Arenanet then.

Arenanet does not come close to the popularity of either that I mentioned, try to stay realistic.

I think you missed his....joke :)