Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a time consuming mmorpg

tonybrieretonybriere Member Posts: 4

Hello,

I seem to get bored with almost every mmorpg I try these days. I'm actually looking for a time consuming mmorpg. I'm more of a pve player, so there has to be alot of things to do once you reach the level cap. I don't care about the game's storyline nor the graphics, I just want to spend alot of time on it. 

I don't care if the game is f2p or p2p.

I like games where you have to level different skills, and where the pve content is hard, which doesn't seem to exist in mmorpgs anymore. 

Runescape classic was kinda great, but it's kinda empty now. And so is UO. And I got bored with WOW, so I don't really know what to play anymore. 

Thank you for helping me find a way to waste my time :D

Comments

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    I would say if you want an MMO with tons of PVE content to do once you are at level cap, try Vanguard if you haven't yet.
  • tonybrieretonybriere Member Posts: 4

Already tried Vanguard but there's not alot of players anymore in the game |:

A grindfest mmo could also do the trick for me, something like Archlord, where you get 0.001% xp per monster you kill. 

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Try AoC Set PvE server 

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Rift isn't a bad choice, the rep grind and leveling your PA will take quite a lot of time, particularly with PA being boosted soon. Think of PA as Alternate Advancement from EQ where you level after hitting max level. 
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

You could try being a high sec carebear in eve.

Also maybe try out anarchy online.

• StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Allods, game becomes time consuming if you decide to play the game without putting a cent into it.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    LOTRO, good luck on finishing all the deeds.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Why not play a game with no level cap and leveling game / end game cliff face like eve.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Hello kitty online. Maybe give that a try :>)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• RotgrubRotgrub Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Try Wurm,  if you have the time : ).
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Oh wuurm is a good suggestion too. Something sandbox like that, you will never run out of "levels", likewise eve and stay in.high sec, work on building a crafting empire.
  • velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Try Rift, SWTOR or TERA, Rift is one of my favorite mmo's because their is so much to do!! Tera has amazing combat, and SWTOR has a cool storyline. But RIFT is my biggest recommedation. They have from raids, dungeons, dynamic events, tons of quests, solo-duo dugeons, pvp battlegrounds, 3 faction pvp, player housing and so much more. 
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    EQ1. Endless amounts of difficult pve content. You can also two box if you feel like playing two toons at the same time.
  • tibialover111tibialover111 Member Posts: 1
    try to play Tibia. its a very time consuming game its 2 d its f2p but it gets even better at p2p. there is a beginer island which most people say fck i hate this game its so crap give it a try until you reach main land :D. you can find urself spending nights on this game. 
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

WURM Online

Give it a chance and figure out what you're doing and you'll have found yourself the most immersive, most time consuming MMO you'll play for a long time. Such a great game...I just wish I still had the free time to play it.

Joined - July 2004

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Lineage 2 is still around and has substantial grind to it still these days in the upper levels.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Another Vanguard vote here! Far from the smoothest graphics, but it is very indepth.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    LOTRO: huge world with tons of content....