Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem With Current MMO's

2»

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    I dunno, it seems overly simplistic to point at graphics and conclude that if only developers didn't spend so much time on them we would see "better" MMOs.

Reductio ad absurdum:

If only developers didn't spend so much time on ANY graphics, we'd see "better" MMOs.

Well, no, in fact we wouldn't see any mmos.

Back to MUDtech. (Some of us might not consider that so bad, given the trail MMOs are on...but for the majority of gamers, I think that result might have a few drawbacks. "What's your typing speed?")

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• UldahUldah Member Posts: 162

Problem with current MMOs have nothing to do with graphics.

Originally posted by Uldah

Problem with current MMOs is every individual player sees a different problem(s).

But maybe that's just a problem with the forums. Or the problem with simplistic one-sentence statements?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Problem with current mmos.

DESIGN BY COMMITTEE
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Problem with current MMOs is every individual player sees a different problem(s).

But maybe that's just a problem with the forums. Or the problem with simplistic one-sentence statements?

Exactly.but ill dig.

main problem is really the fact everyone likes to play diferent and todays standar is cater to all .

Is why i liked niche games, you know , the type that stick to one side of the player base.

it is or it isnt for you and the rest enjoyed it .

casual or hard core, grouping or solo, pve or pvp , i could go on.

but when you try to mix all this all you get is one big pile of garbage who does not cater to anyone , and is why in my opinion today market is flawed , apart from perhaps a couple of titles.

also, lets not mistake graphics with artstyle, 

Kay, good, didn't?

I sense you want to argue with someone, don't think it's me though.

Originally posted by Icewhite

Kay, good, didn't?

I sense you want to argue with someone, don't think it's me though.

not really , im just bored and half asleep ,

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

I suspect this is a case of post hoc ergo propter hoc (after this therefore because of this). Graphics have improved, that much is obvious, but when combined with the subjective notion that "todays MMOs are rubbish" some might make the connection.

Similarly how some people think that joining EU was the cause of the decline in their economy or how Obama is to blame for this and that.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Huge part of why i consider modded Skyrim the best game of all time is its georgeous graphics. I dream of Mmorpg that could bring me same level of immersion. Shitty graphics? No thx, we have plenty of those already
  • EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by mindw0rk
     Skyrim the best game of all time 

you may want to rephrase that.