Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spider Mounts for the Laugh

WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508

So, here's the funny thing about armored spider mounts.  First, you don't actually own them.  They're owned by PWE even if they are unlocked on your account (which is also owned by PWE).  So, you're spending $200 for a bunch of items that you don't actually own.  And, honestly, I'd kind of be embarassed that I got suckered into buying a !!!$200!!! package that includes items I don't even own.  I mean, think about it.  As you go prancing about on your armored spider mount all the f2p players with half a brain are probably laughing at you for spending $200 on something you don't own.

The point of my post is don't be a sucker and blindly throw your money away on mediocre games.  This game is built on the same engine by the same people that brought the fantastic Star Trek Online and Champions Online games.  Why continue to support them when they have a track record of creating mediocre games?

Comments

• MirathelMirathel Member UncommonPosts: 137
    On the contrary, Cryptic is known for developing games rich with content and customization options. I play MMOs to have a good time and ive never not had a good time in a Cryptic game. This goes back to City of Heroes. I am a double lifetimer (both STO and CO) and will continue to support this company. I look forward to a promising future with NWO.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    people do not realise it, but at 50% of the games nowaday you dont own a thing. Look at Planetside 2 for example.. all those gun, all those cosmetics... BUT if sony would want to take that away they simply could because officially you are borrowing their stuff.
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Warley

They're owned by PWE even if they are unlocked on your account (which is also owned by PWE).  So, you're spending $200 for a bunch of items that you don't actually own. 

I don't quite get it... Did you want a real horse-sized spider delivered to your house by fedex? Yes, your mount belongs to the game company as well as your game account, what's new here?

Why continue to support them when they have a track record of creating mediocre games?

You tell us...

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Originally posted by sudo

They're owned by PWE even if they are unlocked on your account (which is also owned by PWE).  So, you're spending $200 for a bunch of items that you don't actually own. 

I don't quite get it... Did you want a real horse-sized spider delivered to your house by fedex? Yes, your mount belongs to the game company as well as your game account, what's new here?

Why continue to support them when they have a track record of creating mediocre games?

You tell us...

Did your response have any sort of point?  You only clarified the fact that you don't own something you're paying $200 for.

Originally posted by Mirathel
    On the contrary, Cryptic is known for developing games rich with content and customization options. I play MMOs to have a good time and ive never not had a good time in a Cryptic game. This goes back to City of Heroes. I am a double lifetimer (both STO and CO) and will continue to support this company. I look forward to a promising future with NWO.

"A fool and his money are soon parted." - Thomas Tusser

Originally posted by timeraider
    people do not realise it, but at 50% of the games nowaday you dont own a thing. Look at Planetside 2 for example.. all those gun, all those cosmetics... BUT if sony would want to take that away they simply could because officially you are borrowing their stuff.

You're not even borrowing it.  It remains on their server. 

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171

Account and all the things you have on it in any game is prperty of the Company you bought game from. Like WOW, all the gold is the property of Blizzard and trading that is a felony and you can be banned for it. 

As for spending money on a game that is going f2p i realy dont have a comment.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Same goes for anything you acquire in say...World of Warcraft. Which is why selling gold is illegal, since you're selling something that isn't yours to begin with.

I'm surprised this is.....new to you?

Originally posted by Mirathel

"A fool and his money are soon parted." - Thomas Tusser

indeed and this fool will spend all his money how he pleases. :P

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Same goes for anything you acquire in say...World of Warcraft. Which is why selling gold is illegal, since you're selling something that isn't yours to begin with.

Are you addressing me? I've known this since the 20th century.  If I can get people -even if just one- to think before they do something stupid like pay $200 for something then it's worth the post. 

Are you addressing me? I've known this since the 20th century.  If I can get people -even if just one- to think before they do something stupid like pay $200 for something then it's worth the post. 

Probably because 200 is alot of money to you. To me, i have a great salary and i provide my family with everything they need and then i spend a little bit of my money for games i want to play. Just because it seems stupid to you doesnt mean its stupid for others. I work hard for my money and i will be damned if some random troll is gonna tell me how to spend it or "persuade" me not to.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

Spider mount and tattooed Drow for the laugh.. This game is the biggest joke ever.

Edit: People who pay the $200 are helping destroy MMOs..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

Originally posted by GwapoJosh

Spider mount and tattooed Drow for the laugh.. This game is the biggest joke ever.

Edit: People who pay the $200 are helping destroy MMOs..

Yeah.  It tells game developers they don't need to innovate.  It's rather funny how 'next-gen' MMO's are regressing rather than evolving.

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

[mod edit]

I'm confused, do you actually play any MMORPG? because everyone of them need an income, which comes from us the gamers, and not a single one of them sends us our character, weapons, armor, spells, mount, etc.. back to us in the mail. It's  their intellectual property, not ours.

While there are valid concerns of the $200 founder package, yours I believe needs retooling.

Otherwise the easiest counterpoint would be:

$200 spent to invest in a company's success, and enjoy one of the best IPs ever created and see it come to life. In other words, a bargain.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

While it is true I wouldn't buy anything atm for this game (and that reason is, I really have yet to see the "actual game") , to someone that does buy it (and I have bought things like this), it's not the matter of paying 200.00 seems allot to you, but someone like myself or others, that is a 1/4 days pay. Not all of us work at Mc.Donalds, so to some 200.00 is like 20.00.

It's your personal opinion if it's worth it or not, for this game I don't agree buying something like this (I did look at it however closly and was thinking about it) , what stopped me was the fact again , I never actually seen the full game played. Only particlar cut segments picked for visualization, Nothing of someone just "playing the game".

For me that is a waste of money, I have no clue how this game will be actually and for myself, it's just a silly waste of cash doing so till we know more. By that time I am sure the offer will pass , but as with most of these games they will offer the same stuff down the road at a higher cost then a year later at the cost you can buy it in the bundle now. So worth the wait? Yeah to me it is, but it has nothing to do with value vs dollars,. I as others here do have a life time to startrek online (Which i still enjoy) now CO, that one pissed me off, probably a bit heated over that one and it did add to my choice here.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
     You mean I cant use the mount in ESO??!?
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250

I had a laugh, but if you are seriously arguing that 200$ means you should get a physical spider ...

You also do pay for services, not only for physical products. Here you have bought a feature of service to have access to privilages which normal "free" service does not provides.

• painworm1painworm1 Member Posts: 5
    So you never rent a movie, pay fore entrance at the disco, cinema pay fore a trip to some fun place every thing you pay for but just get for some hour maby days... You must have the most boring life in the world...
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Ah, it's a warning post. I stand corrected.

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Actually i can understand OP. He is right about that. I really begin to hate companies because of that and i'm sick of stupid politics about accounts. Why should they own your account? You pay and it is your account and i really don't care what they say, i sold 6-7 accounts and i will continue when i got bored with game. It is our account, it is our account..... yea sure  you can dream. I think OP tried to say something like that.  I invested 8 years of subscription money in to my wow account and i can't  sale!!!Well i say F u blizz, trion, cryptic or what ever it is, it is my account and my mounts and i will do what ever i want to do 
  • HayasaHayasa Member UncommonPosts: 29

The question you should ask is not, "Why support this company?" but "why support, buy or pay sub in any mmo if you don't actually own anything?"

That's the way it is, if you think that's stupid think about people paying sub for years for a game they already paid and after a year paying the sub (wich is a higher price than 200$) they have to pay again for an expansion where they will be still paying sub. And then repeat it over the year while selling stuff in-game. None of this things will be owned by you EVER, they are just "pixels".

BTW all of those collector edition items or cosmetics, etc, buyed in every single game stands for the same "laughs" as the spider mount. And as in every single game there will be a horde of those running around.

So my question is, Why this company? why the bash on this company when there are worst in the market?

Sound to me like a personal grudge and kind of a tantrum. 

This discussion has been closed.