Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why so much hype?

2»

Comments

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Why hype something that is 6-8 months away.

Let's see when the NA/EU closed beta starts in the future.

NCSoft should push this game out before Trion releases Archeage.

If these games come out neck and neck B&S won't even stand a chance.

This said, if B&S is F2P/B2P it'll do just fine, as a subscription game I can't gurantee anything :p

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Not to much hype I've seen really, specially on sites like this that have a big xenophobia towards eastern games. I'm not one to believe much in hype but the game does by far deserve it given hype remaining in existance. Might be another Aion of sorts were its a massive success in the East and quickly dismissed in the west.
  • aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    known about this game for years. have seen zero hype lol.
  • rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151

idk about you but that shit looks fun

edit: so that didnt work lol

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    One of the few reasons why I will try this game is because it has a subscription. Pretty tired of the f2p community as it is.
  • Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

There was a whole crapton of hype when the game was first announced. It looks absolutely incredible. For me and im sure others once we found out there was a subscription the hype was easily doused out.

I still think it looks incredible but i can definitely wait and see if i think its something id want to subscribe to and i dont think it will be. I would very likely play the first month and such cuz it does look great but i wouldnt expect to continue paying for it mostly because theres so many similar games that are free to play.

And now with Tera being free to play theres less of a reason to want to pay for a sub.

It really depends on the amount of content they can offer. 

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151
    i agree, the content will determine the longevity
  • mrbungle419mrbungle419 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Hype is from:

Girls with big boobs in lingerie

Action style RPG in a 3D MMO world

Graphics

I'm interested in this game, but I can see it taking another year and a half to be released.  By that time, I probably won't be nearly as interested.  There are some other options coming out soon that I plan on trying, more than likely one of them will hook me and I will forget about this game more or less.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Originally posted by rogue187

http://youtu.be/Au0ibwGYOQI

Lol, Mickey Mouse pwn!

• Krille82Krille82 Member Posts: 5
    I can tell you that the graphics are stunning and gameplay is great and the story is intriguing! Definetly worth a try, cant really say about content thou as i have only played for a few hrs and the fact that its sub- based just makes me want it more!
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    The game looks pretty good. People are always so upset with companies when they shut down a game. Name a company that never shuts down games that aren't doing too well? SOE does it, EA does it, all the F2P korean companies do it, Ncsoft does it. Anyways, the gameplay looks fast paced enough to make me want to keep playing, and from what I've heard it is pretty cool.
  • meilirsmeilirs Member UncommonPosts: 33
    The B&S english website doesn't say that it's going to be subscription type. Has there been new info that it will be pay to play?
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Wicoa
    I dont see much hype anywhere.  I won't be playing another ncsoft game though.. too many shutdown mmorpgs.

There used to be more hype, I think people realized that with all the other games out that look similar and probably play even more similarly, it's not a huge deal.  At least, that's what I've come to think anyway.  It's another "shiny" Korean button masher.  I've already got TERA, RaiderZ, and Dragon Nest on my pc.. I don't care about B&S anymore.

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123

As usual the cycle of "Hyped game turns into hated game" continues. lol. How predictable.

The hype is gone, people who are waiting for it have ran out of things to talk about since a lot of them can't try the Korean retail and are simply quiet about it. Some have naturally lost interest, but anyone who says the game will pass here is so delusional it's sad. In some way, the game will go strong because it has the formula to do so, whether it's a mass success or successful to a niche group,l it's going to stay around no matter how much people here wish to tear it down.

NCSoft shouldn't have hyped this so much since they're aiming for 2014 release. Taat was stupid of them.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by faiyo

As usual the cycle of "Hyped game turns into hated game" continues. lol. How predictable.

The hype is gone, people who are waiting for it have ran out of things to talk about since a lot of them can't try the Korean retail and are simply quiet about it. Some have naturally lost interest, but anyone who says the game will pass here is so delusional it's sad. In some way, the game will go strong because it has the formula to do so, whether it's a mass success or successful to a niche group,l it's going to stay around no matter how much people here wish to tear it down.

In my case, it's less of a "hate" thing than a "Games that did what B&S is doing have already been released here".  TERA, for example.  I've already discovered that I'm not a huge fan of games like this, so I'm not going to lie and say it looks incredible.

Point is, it was hyped here before TERA was released.  I don't find it unusual that the hype has died off.

• AchengDefectAchengDefect Member Posts: 5
    I love this game.  Honestly I actually fell in love with the story of Blade & Soul Online, I really enjoyed the awesome cutscenes it had. There are a bunch of likeable characters that I have met through the story. As for the story, it seemed a bit cliche and linear at first because of the whole revenge thing going on. Once I reached the second and third chapters of the game, the story evolved into something bigger. I don't want to spoil it much, but the plotline becomes a lot more complicated; a lot of the characters betrayed me which made me feel like I couldn't trust anyone. The director of this game said that this game is all about betrayal so don't be too shocked later on. Then there were characters who I thought were bad guys, but weren't bad after all! The story line of Blade & Soul actually made me feel like I was part of the game,as I always found myself rushing through the main story quests because I wanted to know what was going to happen next. Unlike most MMORPG's the cutscenes in Blade & Soul are definitely worth watching. The whole game makes you feel like you're watching some kind of oriental movie flick or action anime.
  • WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

I prefer only P2P mmorpg .. And I think most dedicated mmorpg players do aswell.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by veins.of.gaming
    "Pay Type:Subscription" I didn't think a paid game would have so much hype. And not only paid then you can play forever, but subscription, that means like 20$/month ( just an example ). So why so much hype? I was thinking people don't have money, or atleast that's what they say. I like how it looks too, but unfortunately I can't pay so I will be playing C9.

what hype are you on about... i don't think i have seen this game hardly mentioned at all on here...

Anyway I was playing the Korean version of this back last year and its not bad at all. it is a shit ton better than c9 and if you like the type of game it is then its well worth a sub. I dont see how anyone could not afford $15 or less a month on something they enjoy... hell you would probably end up spending more in the C9 cash shop anyway lol

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

NC hyped this title because it is performing incredibly well in South Korea.  They assumed it would get them a decent chunk of revenue out here.

It may not be a smash hit, but they're not looking for that.  They'll be happy with a few 100k regular users.

But yeah, they underestimated how long it would take them to localize the game.  So they hyped it, and the hype died down because people realized they were going to be waiting a long time before launch.

That's why the game is so quiet about an international launch now.  They're not going to open their mouths again until the game is less than six months out.

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Great gameplay+ anime style look x sexy women= win in my book lol
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

having seen a few vids from (drakedog) ye he who played WoW must know this guy.
    I was totaly blown away how pvp it done, skill based pvp is always welcome, but it also needs to have good pve to chill out for a few hours.

It seems B&S can offer both, but like many many mmo's these days its realy hard to tell untill you have played it at least a week or 2.

Lets hope that some mmo's are finaly worth spending some cash on after all these mmo failures...