Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Absolutely AMAZING game, but wait until it officially releases.

TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839

As the title suggests. Along with myself, many have been subject to what is called the "death to nothing" bug, causing those who are zoning or those who crash during gameplay to log back in with their character having been moved from Hardcore to Default. I know this could and would be a really frustrating thing for some people who have taken the extra measures to play it safe in Hardcore, so I wanted to give you all a fair and legit warning since the game is still in Open Beta and there are kinks to be worked out. If you want to play to try it and could care less, perfect, now is the time to do it; but if you're looking to start and hoping to go all the way in Hardcore, there is always the chance that you could be a victim of the "death to nothing" bug, thus making you angry enough not to want to return to the game.

I'm saying this because I think the game is awesome and I do not want people to QQ and rage quit if this happens to them. PoE is definitely deserving of a solid playerbase, but be warned that your character is not guaranteed to stay in Hardcore, and you are not in any control of that. This issue is currently excluded (among all others) from receiving customer support assistance. Wait until it releases and most of the kinks have been worked out, so that if you do die, it's because you got facerolled and not GGG rolled :)

This is currently a very known issue, and the development team is working to remedy it, so play at your own risk if you're playing to go undefeated.

Isaiah 41:10

Comments

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Hardcore means nothing. The game is not any more difficult in that mode. The drops arent any better. There is absolutely no point in not playing this game. Maybe don't play hardcore. The game is fine. I made it to act 3 before I died and the game is no less fun on normal.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Really? They need to address that then and make Hardcore worth while.
  • paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

Don't forget the desync bug that can get you killed.

I like the game,but yeah they need to squash a few more bugs before this one is really ready.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• Genesis88Genesis88 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore
    Hardcore means nothing. The game is not any more difficult in that mode. The drops arent any better. There is absolutely no point in not playing this game. Maybe don't play hardcore. The game is fine. I made it to act 3 before I died and the game is no less fun on normal.

I take it you never played Hardcore in Diablo 2. Playing Hardcore just adds another level of difficulty to the game and being able to say that you've never died on a character can be considered quite a feat. You can work for a long time to get your guy leveled and have all this awesome gear and it can be gone in an instant because of an error of judgement, and when you get away with just a sliver of health your adrenaline is pumping and your heart is beating really fast! If you haven't tried it before I'd say give it a chance and see how you like it.

Originally posted by Genesis88
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

I take it you never played Hardcore in Diablo 2. Playing Hardcore just adds another level of difficulty to the game and being able to say that you've never died on a character can be considered quite a feat. You can work for a long time to get your guy leveled and have all this awesome gear and it can be gone in an instant because of an error of judgement, and when you get away with just a sliver of health your adrenaline is pumping and your heart is beating really fast! If you haven't tried it before I'd say give it a chance and see how you like it.

That's definitely what makes it worth while, but on the same note that requires fairly polished game features that prevent flukes from happening in which are out of your control. Gotta wait til they get it right before jumping in :)

• StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200

I agree, while many people in the game on hardcore will die to things that are definitely their own fault there is also a multitude of things that are killing people that are outside of their control (desync can be pretty terrible 'some'times).

Game is amazing regardless, and the barter/currency system NEEDS to be adopted in every game from now until the end of time, including MMOs.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by Talemire

As the title suggests. Along with myself, many have been subject to what is called the "death to nothing" bug, causing those who are zoning or those who crash during gameplay to log back in with their character having been moved from Hardcore to Default. I know this could and would be a really frustrating thing for some people who have taken the extra measures to play it safe in Hardcore, so I wanted to give you all a fair and legit warning since the game is still in Open Beta and there are kinks to be worked out. If you want to play to try it and could care less, perfect, now is the time to do it; but if you're looking to start and hoping to go all the way in Hardcore, there is always the chance that you could be a victim of the "death to nothing" bug, thus making you angry enough not to want to return to the game.

I'm saying this because I think the game is awesome and I do not want people to QQ and rage quit if this happens to them. PoE is definitely deserving of a solid playerbase, but be warned that your character is not guaranteed to stay in Hardcore, and you are not in any control of that. This issue is currently excluded (among all others) from receiving customer support assistance. Wait until it releases and most of the kinks have been worked out, so that if you do die, it's because you got facerolled and not GGG rolled :)

This is currently a very known issue, and the development team is working to remedy it, so play at your own risk if you're playing to go undefeated.

Talemire - you couldn't be more wrong. First of all, you are responsible for your own death. Town portals aren't meant to be an escape hatch. They can function as one at times, but if you are unwise enough to portal out in a huge group of monsters then you will have to suffer the consequences if they get a few more hits on you as you teleport. Second, they just patched the game today to disallow enemies from hitting you during zone transitions. So you need to own up and accept defeat when you lose a hardcore character, not come to another forum and cry about it.

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230
    cool your jets mate.  no need to bash him for your lofty expectations, though I'm certain he's not here to cry about it.  hardcore or not, it's a bug that needs addressed, and ultimately I doubt whatever progress is made in beta will not be carried over to launch, so a death at this point is not something to worry about.
    Originally posted by jpnole
    Originally posted by Talemire

Talemire - you couldn't be more wrong. First of all, you are responsible for your own death. Town portals aren't meant to be an escape hatch. They can function as one at times, but if you are unwise enough to portal out in a huge group of monsters then you will have to suffer the consequences if they get a few more hits on you as you teleport. Second, they just patched the game today to disallow enemies from hitting you during zone transitions. So you need to own up and accept defeat when you lose a hardcore character, not come to another forum and cry about it.

No disrespect, but I never claimed any of what you said man :) Never said I was using a portal, wasn't using an escape hatch, and made sure no enemies were around me. I am not sure what makes my death my own fault as this is/was a known bug. What discredits me as a victim of this bug, brother?