And so it is with GW2.
No constructive dialogue can be had on game forums without forum mods infracting posters, banning posters, and deleting threads.
Players, in general, have a right to be concerned. Anet's commitments (implied or explicit) have been falling like a house of cards since their acquisition.
- No grind? Gone - its all grind at level 80 now.
- No gear treadmill? - Gone ever since ascended gear was introduced (FotM gear which is now going to be made available in world for daily "laurels" etc
- Good wvwvw system? Gone - the wvwvw has been so impacted by flaws in the game engine (culling and rendering issues) that its become a joke when you "fight" invisible mobs. Also - the free server transfers allowed until recently have made some servers ghost towns as players have fled to what are considered "the best" wvwvw servers.
- Quality? Gone - bugs that were reported in Beta are still in-game and new bugs are added every release.
- Commitments? Don't believe it. Players complained about elite, veteran, champion mobs because they were dropping NO loot or inferior loot yet require a group (or a high DPS solo toon with time to kill) to take down. Anet said they would adjust the loot drops - never happened. Players complained about the drop rate for "lodestones" - something needed by the hundreds for various recipies. Anet said they would fix the drop rate, rolled out a fix that actually corrected this, then rolled it back saying lodestone drops were increased too much and this was impacting the economy. So we are back to where we started on that issue.
- Diminishing Returns - farm an area too long and the good drops disappear. You must change zones and "work off" your DR time. This was supposedly done to combat bots. Problem - bots are largely gone now but the DR code remains. Problem - there is no CD timer or other indicator in-game for a player to tell when they have "worked off" their DR and thus its all guess work (assumption is an hour is needed). Problem - high level crafting mats only drop in high level zones, so when DR kicks in just what the hell are you supposed to do? Go to a lowbie zone to farm mats you do not need? And these high level mats are needed in the hundreds to work towards a "legendary" so really this is just a very annoying time sink foisted on the players.
- New Content - every piece of new content added to-date has been a cluster. Massive lag, one time events that players miss when the game server lags out and DCs them, event timing for 1-time events that are not repetable and not conducive to all players in game etc. Its a joke really. Which is probably why Anet MISSED their delivery date for the February content release.
- Pre-cursors. Needed by anyone who wants a legendary. Bugs and exploits allowed some to get these easily (such as the final Karka event where it was raining precursors for a small time window) while others can only sit and stew as the prices for these on trading post have gone up hundreds of gold month over month due to near impossibility of getting one.
When any issue, concern, question is posed around all of these game issues (and others) in forums the mods react like flies on crap and BAM - infractions, bans, deletions etc.
Very similar to what happened on The Secret World forum boards before that game imploded and went B2P.
Having been a player since pre-release -3 and having logged over 1000 in-game hrs (3 80s plus several other toons in development) I have seen the game decline first hand, have seen servers become ghost towns, and have seen the forum mods transform into hitler jugend. So beware - this game is begining to circle the drain and only fanbois are welcome on Gw2 forum.