Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CRS now begging for $$$ - Embarassing

CRS has nobody but itself to blame for the cluster it is in at the moment.  If has gotten to the point where they do NOT even have a CODER to fix simple game / web bugs for 6 months.....hell basic STATS have been broke for months.  Basically they are just managing the Titanic before it goes down.  It is one thing to push for a subscription drive,  it is an entirely different thing to constantly beg for money in and out of game with the constant emails,  forum posts and world broadcast every 5 minutes begging to upgrade your sub.  Have they NO shame?  XOOM was promoted to CFO (Chief Financial Officer) by his own doing and by the looks of it,  has not a CLUE how to manage a sack of PESO's in mexico.  Every day he thinks up a new scheme to try and drum up money for this company.  Now we have the "HERO" plan.  For $30 a month you can become a hero and get all kinds of great perks *rolls eyes*.  It should be renamed the SUCKER plan,  because anybody willing to throw good money after bad,  deserves to lose it.  I have played the game since day1 and enjoy my time there.....but the circus they are turning this into is an embarassment.  It shows on XOOM's bio he is a small business owner....I would love to know what type of business he owns....because an AMWAY home business is about as reputable of a business as the local massage parlor's providing Happy Endings.  CRS has went even as far as to UNBAN every single player they banned in the past.  That is a GREAT idea....bring back all the douche bags that made many of the playerbase quit in the first place.  People like CE,  BRONCO69 and JOKER007 which did more damage to the game then ANY hairbrained money making scheme XOOM can think of.  I will be eating a big plate of crow at this time next year if CRS is somehow still in business,  but as they say......."The writing is on the wall".

Rig-

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

Comments

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156

Im still banned, on the forums at least.  The only reason I think xoom is the CMO (what a joke, he's barely old enough to drink. I remember when he was just a little 13 year old punk who couldn't keep the 232 from tipping over) is so people can point to him as the most incompetient idiot there instead of DOC.   DOC is just protecting himself as he knows the boat is sinking and there isn't anything he can do, so lets put one of the more hated players (seriously, I dont know anyone who likes him) to take the focus of all the hate that the game deserves.

With the collider bug (invisible EI) and the multicrew exploit the game is no fun to play, even for free.  When invisible EI cap a depot or AB now we are told its the PLAYERS who are at fault "because we are all in one space".  I played since day 1 there has never been an invisible EI bug before 1.34.  There were rendering issues, true, but it at least rendered everyone in your immediate area.    Thats the thing that really folds my envelope is that they always try to place blame elsewhere then themselves.

Where did you hear that Bronco , CE and the others got unbanned?  Like you said xoom has done more negative to the game than those guys.

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207

CE is part of AHC now......

Rig-

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)
  • pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233
     I guess this company is begging for $$$$ now also

• RobydRobyd Member Posts: 8

What ever it takes to keep the game I love playing.

The "bitter" ones will always have a negative outlook and the "angry" ones will want it to fail for their own personal reasons.

In the end I still have yet to see a game that provokes so much passion and if it troubles people that much then move on and enjoy life elsewhere. In fact I retract that comment as it would be very boring.....

• anfiach`anfiach` Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Really? You're willing to pay twice the money for half the game?
  • StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Originally posted by pittpete

Shhh!

Don't point out the adverts of other companies asking for money for their games...it will make him look like he is trying to have a go at CRS..again!

• CeTheGreatCeTheGreat Member Posts: 84
    LOL Tilo, because I disagree with how your handling this we are now bashing each other? You were pro CE until I didn't back up your claims. Now I'm part of the bronco club? lulz

CRS didn't lift my ban for money. They lifted my ban because I realized what I was doing (exactly what your doing) wasn't really worth it. I was selfish and causing problems for no reason other than to just do it. I didn't think about my fellow players and friends when I was being a douche. Times change buddy and I plan on righting my wrongs by providing a fun experience for my side and squad. Xoom/DOC gave me another shot and took a risk tbh, so for that alone I'm going to support CRS and pay what needs to be paid to keep the game I love alive. Do I agree with all their business choices? No. But that doesn't mean I'm going to flame them for it.

My god, don't you guys wear yourselves out with all the hate posts and flames? It's wearing me out just reading it

You'll notice that the player actually recieves an exclusive in game product for their money, not just an added tax to their bank account. As a "Hero Builder", you really don't get anything other than the satisfaction of paying for CRS to continue crapping on its loyal fanbase and running what was once a great game into the ground.

Originally posted by anfiach`

You'll notice that the player actually recieves an exclusive in game product for their money, not just an added tax to their bank account. As a "Hero Builder", you really don't get anything other than the satisfaction of paying for CRS to continue crapping on its loyal fanbase and running what was once a great game into the ground.

I find your use of the complaint of crapping on a loyal fanbase and and running a once great game into the ground hypocritical.

What are you doing here if not crapping on the current loyal fanabase (yes, a lot of people still play the game)  and with your negative attitude effectively supporting running the game into the ground?

Originally posted by Stug

I find your use of the complaint of crapping on a loyal fanbase and and running a once great game into the ground hypocritical.

What are you doing here if not crapping on the current loyal fanabase (yes, a lot of people still play the game)  and with your negative attitude effectively supporting running the game into the ground?

Your attack is petty and weak. You clearly cannot defend this program and avoided referencing it in your reply. You'll notice that  I did not in any way, shape or form denigrate those that choose to continue to play the game (despite the numbers being far lower than you continually allude to). As for my negative attitude, my honest and pragmatic observations on the situation aren't running the game into the ground, the developers are. If I supported that, I wouldn't have unsubscribed three years ago. I voted with my wallet, but thanks for showing us just how dishonest you are.

In full disclosure I'm considering resubscribing, but not because I support CRS. I'll be making a separate post that explains my thoughts on the subject.

Ermm? Attack? It was a question.

I would only question it (Hero Subs) and use it as a foil if I wanted to acheive something and make a point. My interest is why you think crapping on what CRS are doing is not attacking a loyal playerbase who are currently supporting the game.

You said:

"As a "Hero Builder", you really don't get anything other than the satisfaction of paying for CRS to continue crapping on its loyal fanbase and running what was once a great game into the ground."

You are directly suggesting it isn't worth it because all you would be doing is paying CRS for a negative outcome, e.g. you discourage people to subscribe/play by projecting negative outcomes etc. If thats not crapping on the existing player base by trying to "run it into the ground" with negative connotations I don't know what is.

Its up to people to spend money how they want, surely? Yourself included, but yet another post we see attacking the playerbase of this by trying to make it seem like CRS are some monster of a developer.

I see you also throw the word dishonest in as a sly kick in the shins. Another one of "them" I see.

Ermm? Attack? It was a question.

I would only question it (Hero Subs) and use it as a foil if I wanted to acheive something and make a point. My interest is why you think crapping on what CRS are doing is not attacking a loyal playerbase who are currently supporting the game.

You said:

"As a "Hero Builder", you really don't get anything other than the satisfaction of paying for CRS to continue crapping on its loyal fanbase and running what was once a great game into the ground."

You are directly suggesting it isn't worth it because all you would be doing is paying CRS for a negative outcome, e.g. you discourage people to subscribe/play by projecting negative outcomes etc. If thats not crapping on the existing player base by trying to "run it into the ground" with negative connotations I don't know what is.

Its up to people to spend money how they want, surely? Yourself included, but yet another post we see attacking the playerbase of this by trying to make it seem like CRS are some monster of a developer.

I see you also throw the word dishonest in as a sly kick in the shins. Another one of "them" I see.

Yes, attack. You accuse me of attacking the playerbase as if they are the same entity as the developer. That is dishonest.

Pointing out that you recieve nothing in return for paying above and beyond the subscription fee isn't discouraging anyone to pay the base fee. It's up to the individual to decide if paying $18/month is a value or not for the current service provided.  I'm not deciding for them.

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Wow Stug you just completed ignored his central(and quite valid IMO) point that a player does not receive anything significant for becoming a Hero builder in WW2online. I got something for buying the "Alpha Package" for PS2, there's going to be some nice benefits for pledging/prebuying stuff for Star Citizen...for WW2online you get a letter or something next to your game tag, that's it.

I think it's important to note that Cornered Rat Software did have a builder program before. What exactly happened? I saw a bunch of them get quite angry on the forums after the Rapid Assault announcement, so I guess those guys donated money($2000 in some cases) in the hopes of improving the game only to see the company focus on other projects.

CRS has also left RA founders in the cold as well. They don't even respond on the Rapid Assault Beta forums anymore. So if you paid $30 it seems your money was wasted.

I can understand the kind of person who keeps asking gullible people for money and then pissing it away, but I can't figure out why a completely unaffiliated individual would defend them or their conduct.

It's quite clear it is for players who want to support WWIIOL even more. That is what they get, a sense of supporting the community at that level.

Obviously, as I point out, you guys don't care for the community so you won't get it. It's that simple.

It's quite clear it is for players who want to support WWIIOL even more. That is what they get, a sense of supporting the community at that level.

Obviously, as I point out, you guys don't care for the community so you won't get it. It's that simple.

We don't care? You're the one that supports them getting fleeced.

We don't care? You're the one that supports them getting fleeced.

Are you forgetting what YOU said a few posts up?

"paying for CRS to continue crapping on its loyal fanbase and running what was once a great game into the ground."

It's your bias, not mine, and you can keep it.

Just don't try and suggest it's the truth without fact's. Opinions are like assholes.....everyone has one.

Are you forgetting what YOU said a few posts up?

"paying for CRS to continue crapping on its loyal fanbase and running what was once a great game into the ground."

It's your bias, not mine, and you can keep it.

Just don't try and suggest it's the truth without fact's. Opinions are like assholes.....everyone has one.

I'm not forgetting anything. You're still dishonestly trying to claim that the community is one and the same with the developers. David already listed some inconvenient facts for you. Killer really isn't paying you enough.