Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

March 2013 updates for ArcheAge

2»

Comments

• ElrarElrar Member Posts: 5

Haha,

I've been a long-time lurker here, finally just got my activation email to arrive in my inbox so I can post at last!

Like I said, I won't be able to answer all the questions you undoubtedly want answers to right now - details on BETAs, release, and any possible changes are still all being worked out. It's going to take a few months to get into the full swing.

But for those die-hards who want to be in the know on every detail from now until you're diving for treasure off the coast of your personal island (sailed to on your beautiful boat) - then you need only make sure you're connected with us, here are the options:

Thanks for the warm welcome all - see you around!

James "Elrar" Nichols
    Community Manager
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    www.archeagegame.com
    www.facebook.com/archeage
    www.twitter.com/ArcheAge

• DrinkFeckDrinkFeck Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Elrar, are there plans for an official ArcheAge forum anytime soon? I understand you have recently began frequenting a popular fan site, however I'm sure you'd prefer an official forum to communicate with the community and call home.
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

The Official web site is listed above. :)

Not much on it, but its a start!

• Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by DrinkFeck
    Elrar, are there plans for an official ArcheAge forum anytime soon? I understand you have recently began frequenting a popular fan site, however I'm sure you'd prefer an official forum to communicate with the community and call home.

/signed

I´m also not interested to join a fan-site, especially not hosted by Mark "The Betrayer" Wilhelm.

Just ask anyone at AionSource.com, this post should show it all:
    http://www.aionsource.com/topic/424-thanks-to-mark/page__view__findpost__p__2728585

• rpg_gunnerrpg_gunner Member Posts: 80
    Nice. Thanks for the update!
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I dont know, next mmo is this or ESO. So hard to decide
  • IrondustIrondust Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

If you enjoying sandbox games, definetly Archeage

• cherubimscherubims Member Posts: 2

If you enjoy Lore and story , then go for TESO , if you like a more sandbox type of game where everything is new , then definately go for Archeage.

Me personally i am leaning towards Archeage at this point because of the fact that TESO appears to be faction locked ( meaning each of the factions will be locked into diffrent zones with no access to each others areas ) But hey it could be interesting , i am willing to give it a shot as long as they can pull it off without making it seem artificial.

Eg :  Invisible wall blocking off factions ( that would be game breaking ).

As long as they implement it as an actual game mechanic it could turn out interesting.

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Thanks for stopping by Elrar.  I'm really looking forward to this game coming to NA. 
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by mmoDAD

Bounty Hunter system!!!!

This game is going to destroy every post-WoW pos! Woohoo!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this holds true...

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

To me TESO is another 3-4 month game. Enjoy the ride and then it ends while we wait for content.

From what I have seen, I think it will be nearly impossible to experience all of Archeage's content in that same amount of time. To me the game will have more out of the box content to keep me busy than any MMO I have ever played. At least that is my hope....

Just boggles my mind that TESO and Archeage are even mentioned together or why someone would choose to play TESO over Archeage. Not a single feature I have seen with TESO has even remotely peaked my interest or can be considered an original idea. Just another themepark, nothing to see here, move on.....

• turkishmafiaturkishmafia Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Originally posted by Toxic_Revenger
    Originally posted by Elrar

I'm already inquiring about this possible Bounty Hunter system myself - we'll definitely let you know more when we do!

And hello MMORPG.com crowd - I know you guys are active and excited for ArcheAge already, I'm James "Elrar" Nichols, Community Manager over here at Trion :)

We're looking forward to releasing ArcheAge in the west and couldn't be happier to have the opporunity to work with XLGames on this epic project.

Look forward to being around more in the future and answering your questions - until then, I'll be playing and learning as much as I can myself!

Cheers,

James "Elrar" Nichols

Community Manager

Trion Worlds, Inc

Well this seems to be shaping up nicely. Guess its time for me to stop lurking and join the conversation

I have a question for you James, and I'll understand if you don't have to answer to it right now. What I want to know is if Trion intends to keep up the no NDA, completely transperent game information with the western version of the game.

The reason I ask is I think the main reason that the hype/hate cycle we see on these forums over games comes mainly from the developer's cloak and dagger approach of releasing game info, which leads to rampant speculation and misconception. I'd like to see Trion continue XL Games open door policy of game feature info so maybe this game can avoid the flame fests we've seen over other MMOs.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you around here often.

In my experience, the resulting speculation is rarely misconception and is usually the downfall of the game after release.

Originally posted by steelwind

To me TESO is another 3-4 month game. Enjoy the ride and then it ends while we wait for content.

From what I have seen, I think it will be nearly impossible to experience all of Archeage's content in that same amount of time. To me the game will have more out of the box content to keep me busy than any MMO I have ever played. At least that is my hope....

Just boggles my mind that TESO and Archeage are even mentioned together or why someone would choose to play TESO over Archeage. Not a single feature I have seen with TESO has even remotely peaked my interest or can be considered an original idea. Just another themepark, nothing to see here, move on.....

As someone who has played Archeage using a Korean account, I can answer this question. While I don't mind the tab-targeting combat system in this game that many people like to criticize, I do have a combat related problem that is an issue for me.

My problem is with input lag. Allow me to explain. After using a skill and/or interacting with something, there is about a half second delay before that action starts to occur. I know this sounds insignificant, but I was really annoyed by it. While I despise WoW and SWTOR, this is one thing they have gotten right... if you click a skill, the effect is instantaneous, there is zero perceptible delay.

I know that this isn't due to latency. I have watched videos of people in Korea playing this game and if you look closely, this same issue is there; there is a half second delay between activating a skill and its implementation by the character. If this is something that can be fixed for the US version, then I will be playing this game for years to come, but if not, I may have to continue to look for my MMO. I agree that TESO and Archeage don't even belong in the same sentence, but the combat in Archeage leaves something to be desired (for one reason or another), which is why people are continuing to look at other alternatives.

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by turkishmafia

As someone who has played Archeage using a Korean account, I can answer this question. While I don't mind the tab-targeting combat system in this game that many people like to criticize, I do have a combat related problem that is an issue for me.

My problem is with input lag. Allow me to explain. After using a skill and/or interacting with something, there is about a half second delay before that action starts to occur. I know this sounds insignificant, but I was really annoyed by it. While I despise WoW and SWTOR, this is one thing they have gotten right... if you click a skill, the effect is instantaneous, there is zero perceptible delay.

I know that this isn't due to latency. I have watched videos of people in Korea playing this game and if you look closely, this same issue is there; there is a half second delay between activating a skill and its implementation by the character. If this is something that can be fixed for the US version, then I will be playing this game for years to come, but if not, I may have to continue to look for my MMO. I agree that TESO and Archeage don't even belong in the same sentence, but the combat in Archeage leaves something to be desired (for one reason or another), which is why people are continuing to look at other alternatives.

Interesting thanks for the insight! Sounds to me that what you describe is something that will be fixed but if you are playing the Korean version outside Korea, latency would be a huge possibility.

One thing I have learned is that what people look for in an MMO greatly differs from person to person and while something may be a deal breaker for one, it may not be for the other. Personally for me the most important thing in an MMO is immersion and things to do outside kill, kill, kill. This is why combat style would never make or break a game for me. Take GW2 for instance which to me has the best, most fun combat I have ever seen in an MMO. Unfortunately because GW2 offers little to nothing outside combat, I had to walk away from it. So being able to build my own empire and the abiltity for me to make my mark on the world far, far outwieghs any issues I may have with combat.

On the other hand, some players whom play MMO's for fast paced twitchy combat or come from a heavy FPS background could care less about the sandbox stuff and combat is paramount. This is why I seldom take to heart other's opinions about MMO's and is why I plan on finding out for myself in the coming weeks, time for a headstart with Archeage......

Interesting thanks for the insight! Sounds to me that what you describe is something that will be fixed but if you are playing the Korean version outside Korea, latency would be a huge possibility.

One thing I have learned is that what people look for in an MMO greatly differs from person to person and while something may be a deal breaker for one, it may not be for the other. Personally for me the most important thing in an MMO is immersion and things to do outside kill, kill, kill. This is why combat style would never make or break a game for me. Take GW2 for instance which to me has the best, most fun combat I have ever seen in an MMO. Unfortunately because GW2 offers little to nothing outside combat, I had to walk away from it. So being able to build my own empire and the abiltity for me to make my mark on the world far, far outwieghs any issues I may have with combat.

On the other hand, some players whom play MMO's for fast paced twitchy combat or come from a heavy FPS background could care less about the sandbox stuff and combat is paramount. This is why I seldom take to heart other's opinions about MMO's and is why I plan on finding out for myself in the coming weeks, time for a headstart with Archeage......

I agree with you, best way to find out is to just try it whenever it'll be possible to do so. Regardless of my criticism, I will most likely still play Archeage, because everything else that it offers is just too hard to pass up... so I'll probably see you in-game, hopefully not during a trade run though ;)

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    the greatest mmo ever made ever. ever.
  • assajocunaassajocuna Member Posts: 11

Let me give you the correct information. The game depends heavily on latency issues. If you play on largely populated servers like the first few servers it'll have some ping issues even to some Koreans. But if you play the later half servers you notice a faster input speed. You can test it easily with archer. Also after every action, there is a global cool down of 1 second. Most likely it's this that causes all that delay that you are talking about. You can reduce this global cool down by boosting your attack speed with buff, green potions, cape, runes, and foods. If you have something like 40% attack speed boost, you can fire arrows at blazing fast speed. Every attack will have almost no global cool down. It feels like playing a different game. 

• ValkyrieValkyrie Member UncommonPosts: 192

Haha,I've been a long-time lurker here, finally just got my activation email to arrive in my inbox so I can post at last!Like I said, I won't be able to answer all the questions you undoubtedly want answers to right now - details on BETAs, release, and any possible changes are still all being worked out. It's going to take a few months to get into the full swing.But for those die-hards who want to be in the know on every detail from now until you're diving for treasure off the coast of your personal island (sailed to on your beautiful boat) - then you need only make sure you're connected with us, here are the options: Newsletter & ArcheAge Promotions - Sign-Up for the Newsletter (and bookmark the official NA/EU website) @ www.archeagegame.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/archeage Twitter: www.twitter.com/archeagegame Thanks for the warm welcome all - see you around!

Welcome Elrar.
    I'm not posting much but I play MMORPGs for a looong time now and have been on the Indie-side of making them too. Can't express how happy I am seeing what AA seems to have achieved. It has been many years I've been hyped for a MMO. For that alone - big kudos to XLGames and I'm very much looking forward to Trion bringing it on the market.
    Even better: my husband is interested to join me (usually we play way different games, I'm more UO, EQ2 etc. building and cooperational gameplay and he is more tactics and conquest). So ... welcome and hurry. ;)

Played: Pretty much any fantasy MMO, some did not even make it to release ...
    Favorites: UO, EQ2, Vanguard, Wurm Online, Salem, ESO, Creativerse
    Playing: ESO, Creativerse, Guild Wars 2
    Anticipating: (sigh) ... maybe Ashes of Creation

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I'm already inquiring about this possible Bounty Hunter system myself - we'll definitely let you know more when we do!

And hello MMORPG.com crowd - I know you guys are active and excited for ArcheAge already, I'm James "Elrar" Nichols, Community Manager over here at Trion :)

We're looking forward to releasing ArcheAge in the west and couldn't be happier to have the opporunity to work with XLGames on this epic project.

Look forward to being around more in the future and answering your questions - until then, I'll be playing and learning as much as I can myself!

Cheers,

James "Elrar" Nichols

Community Manager

Trion Worlds, Inc

Well good sir, the sooner you guys get 'er done the sooner you can TAKE MY MONEY!!!!! image

Maybe they should add more stuff so it takes longer! hahahaha

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Irondust
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

If you enjoying sandbox games, definetly Archeage

Its already been said, AA isnt a sandbox.  Its a quest hub themepark, and probably a fantastic one at that if it does the instanced sieging right.

Growing plants and housing is just filler and fluff. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    A bounty hunting system is a must in a FFA game.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Well good sir, the sooner you guys get 'er done the sooner you can TAKE MY MONEY!!!!! image

Well, if you wanted to make Serak the preparer cry, then mission accomplished.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by bcbully
    A bounty hunting system is a must in a FFA game.

I would agree. My only concern is making the "death' punishing enough that it can't be exploited.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Well, if you wanted to make Serak the preparer cry, then mission accomplished.

Tell Serak the preparer to get back in the kitchen and whip up some potpies.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"