Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Dreamfall Chapters Begins Kickstarter Campaign

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fans of The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey will want to check out the new 'Dreamfall Chapters' project that has started on Kickstarter. The project will feature members of the original team, including Ragnar Tørnquist. The rights to the game universe have been acquired by Red Thread Studios and, if funded, will see the first release in November 2014.

"It's an amazing feeling to have the team back together, and to be able to continue the story," says Ragnar Tørnquist, founder of Red Thread Games and creator of The Longest Journey saga. "We're hoping there are enough fans of the first two games out there, along with new gamers who want to play a real adventure game, to meet our Kickstarter goal. We're relying on crowdfunding to produce the game, and the Kickstarter campaign is incredibly important to us."

Check out Dreamfall Chapters' Kickstarter page for more information.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Sure belongs to an MMO site.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Its developed by the lead developer of TSW, so yeah. It does, in a way belong here. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Originally posted by Yuui
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Its developed by the lead developer of TSW, so yeah. It does, in a way belong here. 

Thank you for your astute observation. It is precisely why we included it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    ~.~ im not sure how i feel about supporting something that not really a kickstarter project just a company trying to get free cash :/

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    Pledged. I've played and completed The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. They're two of my favorite games ever. Can't wait to play the continuation of the story. I really love the The Longest Journey universe.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I've lost all respect for this guy. He jumped ship right after TSW launch, when the game failed to be a commercial success. He even said in interviews before launch that he wasn't thinking of doing anymore of longest journey then, there wasn't a project like that and he would focus on TSW for long times after launch. Yeah right. So i won't even care about his games anymore.

• GreenKnight1776GreenKnight1776 Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by black_isle
    I've lost all respect for this guy. He jumped ship right after TSW launch, when the game failed to be a commercial success. He even said in interviews before launch that he wasn't thinking of doing anymore of longest journey then, there wasn't a project like that and he would focus on TSW for long times after launch. Yeah right. So i won't even care about his games anymore.

So you are a fan of  Longest Journey & Dreamfall, or not? If you are, you are now throwing a toddler tantrum because Ragnar has said they are going to START working on the next game(s) this year...7 years after Dreamfall was released? I've been waiting 7 years for ANY news like this, but I guess you have some moral problems with the release schedule. That, or maybe you need to take ye olde laxative...

• zenaphexzenaphex Member Posts: 73
    You guys have my support. Looking forward to playing it.
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Dreamfall is one of my favorite games of all time. Bookmarking for later use!

<3

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Update: Over $400,000 in the first 24 hours! Go Team Red! /pompoms

<3