Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RvR is an incomplete system.

• WicoaWicoa LondonPosts: 1,604Member Uncommon

The RVR System is incomplete in my view as a standalone feature.  DAOC was so awesome because there was an expansive world to explore with hidden caves and large pve dungeons to explore.

RVR can be for me a main feature of a game but it cannot be the only main feature for me to enjoy it.  Much like though I play wow, much like that wow focuses too much on pve and instanced pvp.

• tom_goretom_gore TamperePosts: 1,800Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Harafnir
    I am sure during the second world war a lot of people went out on the field wirth a sense of.... meh. "But.. this is not REAL war.. a real war, a meaningful war, I want to be able to join with some nazis and some english, and maybe kill half my own country and save Japan... No, some of japan, because them in the south are flipping asshats..." and so on and so forth... yeah, that sounds like a logical war that really can create a sense of community and belonging. RvR has a lot more talking for it than Sociopath Online... I promise. and more peopple talk about how they want a good solid  R v R concept in a new game than a new FFA gank fest.. Otherwise, if that is not good for you.. Darkfall ---> that way. It is helluva popular game because they use your "complete" PvP system. REAL popular.... and logical... and all those good things you like.

Again, NOBODY here is suggesting FFA.

Player Factions != FFA, can you get that into your small minds already?

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,505Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by nilden

This is about any RvR system from GW 2, DAOC, ESO, or the upcoming Camelot Unchained if done the same way etc. I'll explain why I think this and what system would feel more complete to me.

The reason it is incomplete is because of the faction/realm lock. While some people would cite realm pride or loyalty I would have much more of either in something if it was my guild that I was fighting for. This can be done by having guilds build cities/towns and able to war or ally with other guilds forming alliances, having neighbours, and actual friends or enemies that you get to pick and are not presented to you by the game. See EVE or Shadowbane for the basic premise.

Your not looking for an RvR game your looking for more of an open world sandbox game... there are differences.. and both have their place.