Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Founders Packs would have been a great promotion item.

MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
Founders Packs would have been a great promotion item here on MMORPG......................................that is all.

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    You pay for them.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    You pay for them.

Which is why it would have been a great promotion here on MMORPG.com.

• LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205
    OP just wants things free to be handed to him. Pay for it like everyone else. I personally dumped the 200$ USD into the Hero of the North pack. I found it to be worth all the content they offered. BIG Dungeon & Dragons fan here.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Lusts
    OP just wants things free to be handed to him. Pay for it like everyone else. I personally dumped the 200$ USD into the Hero of the North pack. I found it to be worth all the content they offered. BIG Dungeon & Dragons fan here.

Yes, I want things handed to me because MMORPG.com never runs promotions for MMO's and/or computer gear that you have to enter to win and receive additional tickets for a chance to win.

Oh look, a promotion of Neverwinter from PC Gamer...............gasp !!!!!!!!!!!! shock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/374061/page/1

Another poster filled with logic.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I just don't think mmorpg.com has that kind of budget to give those away. Whenever they do giveaways it's stuff that's gifted by the company. What benefit would they get from giving away pricey founders packs?

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    It's absolutely insane that Cryptic thinks their digital pack is worth $200..  Even Swtor gave you nice items in a box for the $150 version.  The $200 Cryptic pack is /facepalm

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    I just don't think mmorpg.com has that kind of budget to give those away. Whenever they do giveaways it's stuff that's gifted by the company. What benefit would they get from giving away pricey founders packs?

Well they did give away a lifetime subscription for Secret World last summer, but that was a contest though...

But I agree with others, if you really want something you should pay for it with your own money, not expect to find a way to get it for free. In my book it's a much more rewarding feeling to have bought something I really wanted for my own hard earned money than getting it for free. But that's just me.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Hahaha...of course you did....

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Sadly I have to wait for my tax return, hopefully it won't be late! But I too am adding my funds after seeing the gameplay interview that Cynical Brit did with some of the devs. :) Told my peeps on GW2 yeah it might have dungeons and use the trinity but at least I know I'll get rewarded for my playtime which is more then what I can say for this game after what happend in November. 

Oh and I don't think that would have been a good idea for mmorpg.com really. 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by itgrowls

Sadly I have to wait for my tax return, hopefully it won't be late! But I too am adding my funds after seeing the gameplay interview that Cynical Brit did with some of the devs. :) Told my peeps on GW2 yeah it might have dungeons and use the trinity but at least I know I'll get rewarded for my playtime which is more then what I can say for this game after what happend in November. 

yet i get more rewarded now per hour of my playtime than I did in back in november.... anyways on topic it would be a good idea to run some sort of giveaway to help promote the game more.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205

Originally posted by Psychow

Hahaha...of course you did....

Originally posted by itgrowls

Psychow

Of course I did. I dumped 100$ into the Founders Pack on FireFall when it was first made available. I paid the 250-300$ for the Warframe Founders pack just to have my name on a mission, and get all the founder exclusive gear (which I highly regret cause it was a reskinned version of the level 1 Excalibur Armor), paid 150$ for my Guild Wars 2 Collectors Edition (Physical), when they were first announced for Pre-Order.  Call me an addict, but when I love a game or have been following it for awhile, I do dump serious money into a game.

itgrowls

Totally get what you mean by November. Ugh. Guild Wars 2 is still good, but I am a big fan of the Dungeon & Dragons styled Dungeons that have traps, ambushes, puzzels. I hate static dungeon based gameplay with just patrolling mobs or maybe an Elite Mob here or there.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    It's absolutely insane that Cryptic thinks their digital pack is worth $200..  Even Swtor gave you nice items in a box for the $150 version.  The $200 Cryptic pack is /facepalm

They way I see it, they don't want a ton in this week. This is how you restrict it, those that have money to burn that want to love Neverwinter.... Perfect plan. The rest can wait, no big.