Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Camelot Unchained: Be Willing to Take Risks

2»

Comments

  • MLecl0001MLecl0001 Saint Paul, MNPosts: 153Member

    I am liking this, huge DAOC fan.  The only thing I missed about the PvE in DAOC was pre ToA it didnt need every ones attention to just sit around and camp mobs.  So it was a great way to socialize and get to know other players in your realm.  DAoC is the one MMO I have played where I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with other players.  

     

    I love his philosophy of make a game with a certain idea and vision and just make the damn thing.  I am so tired of game developers caving to the vocal minority, contrary to popular belief most if not all people dont really know what they want.  I love the day/night cycle, while matched with real life or shorter, I love the housing, and I love the lack of instant travel.  

     

    I think one of the things that made DAoC RvR so compelling was the fact that if you lost, it could take a long time to get back to where you were.  The problem with new games and WvW is the fact that the game developers want to get players into the action as fast as possible.  This sounds great and its what players want but this just creates the issue of the massive mindless never ending zerg.  This is a prime example of people thinking they want instant spawns and faster access to fights in WvW and that having this will make it better, when in fact it lessens the WvW.

     

    So I am eagerly awaiting this game, and I love the no PvE.  I just dont understand why another PvE MMO is needed.  I think the problem with previous PvP only focused MMOs is the lack of persistent world and other things outside of straight PvP such as housing and crafting.

     
     

    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

  • HeretiqueHeretique Posts: 1,101Member Uncommon
    It's Mark Jacobs, the players won't win in this "game".

    Originally posted by salsa41
    are you have problem ?

  • OgreRaperOgreRaper Detroit, MIPosts: 376Member
    Originally posted by MLecl0001

    So I am eagerly awaiting this game, and I love the no PvE.  I just dont understand why another PvE MMO is needed.  I think the problem with previous PvP only focused MMOs is the lack of persistent world and other things outside of straight PvP such as housing and crafting.

     
     

     

    Agreed. There are already so many PvE MMO's, most of which have awful PvP systems. Why even try to compete with games like WoW in the PvE department?  Just make an RvR focused game that destroys other MMO's in that regard. The main reason I quit WoW is because the PvP is instanced and meaningless. It's just a repetitive gear grind.

  • ZinzanZinzan NorthPosts: 1,351Member
    Originally posted by cronius77

    warhammer online is pretty much only pvp now because no one does any pve at all , they also have wrath of heroes which is all pvp as well . That is just a lobby version similiar to LOL . People play both those games still to this date and getting 20k subs out of something similiar wouldnt be all that hard to do just by word of mouth alone.

    Now add in a huge persistant world made up of three frontiers , where the pvp is fair on new players but rewarding on vets and I highly doubt anyone will miss doing pve. This game is set to be a niche not mainstream, you want to pve and raid you got Rift and WOW and a zillion other games out there to play. Some of us played DAOC for years and mostly did realm vs realm , same with warhammer online. There is a market for this regardless of what a few posters here think.

    If you add in realm vs realm with say limited skill sets no charcter levels and you earn realm points like DAOC to buy more abilities and you can craft weapons and armor , have your own house and sige keeps . I see no reason this game would not have over 20k subs at the very least with all the crap games that have zero effort put into them having more than 20k subs easy.

    WAR is a poor example but I think  you'll find most players actually either pve or do the low-level instanced pvp instead of the top end stuff.

    "Mostly did rvr"....you see the problem? How many players did RvR exclusively? Honestly? Not many. In CU you will ONLY be able to pvp.....im afraid i see a problem with this. Will players be wiling to pay a penny for rpg pvp when plenty of modern games already do this for free?

    If it has a subs fee then why not play DAoC instead rather than DAoC-lite?

    Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

  • CyborWolfTKCyborWolfTK anywhere, AKPosts: 77Member

    Seeing how DAOC is my all time favorite game,

    this news instantly gives this +++ hype for me personally.

     

     

     

  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Zinzan
     

    WAR is a poor example but I think  you'll find most players actually either pve or do the low-level instanced pvp instead of the top end stuff.

    "Mostly did rvr"....you see the problem? How many players did RvR exclusively? Honestly? Not many. In CU you will ONLY be able to pvp.....im afraid i see a problem with this. Will players be wiling to pay a penny for rpg pvp when plenty of modern games already do this for free?

    If it has a subs fee then why not play DAoC instead rather than DAoC-lite?

    I think quite a few people will be willing to sub up to a pure RvR/PVP game I see no issues with that at all. I am pretty sure quite a few people sub up to Planetside 2.

    What modern games do true open world fantasy RvR for free? I cant think or any.. and no GW2 does not count as its not open world its just a small map seperate from the game world.

     
  • kingsatanaskingsatanas quebec, QCPosts: 31Member

    how yu guy can crittique something when no gameplay released yet? for my parth no gameplay no comment..... will not buy a game before see what they look like

     

  • Rider071Rider071 Utica, NYPosts: 318Member

    Went to the site, read MJs words, and sub'd to the email list.

    I will most likely donate as his vision of this game is very much like something I want to be part of.

    DAoC crafting was one of the best systems I had ever seen, (and yeah TOA fubared it), so for him to keep mentioning no PvE, no mob dropped gear, only crafted gear for an RvR game, this is huge, and I am more than interested.

  • Rider071Rider071 Utica, NYPosts: 318Member
    Originally posted by Zinzan
    Originally posted by cronius77

    warhammer online is pretty much only pvp now because no one does any pve at all , they also have wrath of heroes which is all pvp as well . That is just a lobby version similiar to LOL . People play both those games still to this date and getting 20k subs out of something similiar wouldnt be all that hard to do just by word of mouth alone.

    Now add in a huge persistant world made up of three frontiers , where the pvp is fair on new players but rewarding on vets and I highly doubt anyone will miss doing pve. This game is set to be a niche not mainstream, you want to pve and raid you got Rift and WOW and a zillion other games out there to play. Some of us played DAOC for years and mostly did realm vs realm , same with warhammer online. There is a market for this regardless of what a few posters here think.

    If you add in realm vs realm with say limited skill sets no charcter levels and you earn realm points like DAOC to buy more abilities and you can craft weapons and armor , have your own house and sige keeps . I see no reason this game would not have over 20k subs at the very least with all the crap games that have zero effort put into them having more than 20k subs easy.

    WAR is a poor example but I think  you'll find most players actually either pve or do the low-level instanced pvp instead of the top end stuff.

    "Mostly did rvr"....you see the problem? How many players did RvR exclusively? Honestly? Not many. In CU you will ONLY be able to pvp.....im afraid i see a problem with this. Will players be wiling to pay a penny for rpg pvp when plenty of modern games already do this for free?

    If it has a subs fee then why not play DAoC instead rather than DAoC-lite?

    DAoC currently has many problems,

    1. the ML/Arti system, it  destroyed a perfectly balanced system of crafting gear and Realm Rank abilities/skills.

    2. gold farmers are just ridiculous in the game, and easy to spot, yet nothing gets done about it.

    3. Radar is still rampant in the game, and still not stopped

    4. CS on DAoC is done through POGO phone reps (online gambling game)

    I could go on, but mainly it's because of EA, and why I do not consider anything they distribute for years now. Has DAoC done things right? Yes, the original game, Darkness Falls, Battlegrounds, and I actually like the New Frontiers, though I still think it's not even scratched the surface of what it could have been there.

    You may call CU  DAoC-lite, but I have a better term for you, what about DAoC-Basic (neck check!). He seems to be taking the basics of what made DAoC great and going from there, and that's all I would ask for personally in a game of this calibur.

  • bulgogi1970bulgogi1970 Saint Petersburg, FLPosts: 4Member

    while I was excited as the next DAOC fan it brought alot of bad memories.

    I usually don't like to vent BUT he has always denied there was any issues with WAR HAMMER. NOW he comes up and says yea we knew...!!!

    BS! I and thousands of other people provided logs during the beta test and it was the same cut and paste reply there was no issues...there was no memory leak..he had the same attitude when DAOC was at it's peak. Sorry mate I been burn twice by his attitude he was never open and honest to players....lets get real man!

     

    Another issue is that from DAOC to WAR the game never felt quite right....it seem none of these were ever optimized you alway seem to need a quadcore to even remotely run them with out any studder or bs...and yet he denied there was any issues with the games.

  • bulgogi1970bulgogi1970 Saint Petersburg, FLPosts: 4Member
    Originally posted by kingsatanas

    how yu guy can crittique something when no gameplay released yet? for my parth no gameplay no comment..... will not buy a game before see what they look like

     

    Is not so much about the previous games but his attitude man toward the community each of those games had issues...and he denied them..he was never honest with fan base..

  • SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Charlotte, NCPosts: 188Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nibs
    DAoC cost 2.5M to make.

    In 2001.

    Nothing costs 2.5m these days.

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.