Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Dynamic Events ARE revolutionary, I can't wait till they are evolutionary!

1121314151618»

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Torgrim, thats not great as in people thinks its great - great as a momentous evolutionary moment when there is a fundemental shift in the mmorg gaming world that rocks the foundations of mmorging to the core and becomes the template that all mainstream mmorgs aspire to. Gw2 is great (I'm a huge fan of gw1 & 2) but that's it. ( asside from the non sob model whic I personally believe is revilutionary)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Torgrim, thats not great as in people thinks its great - great as a momentous evolutionary moment when there is a fundemental shift in the mmorg gaming world that rocks the foundations of mmorging to the core and becomes the template that all mainstream mmorgs aspire to. Gw2 is great (I'm a huge fan of gw1 & 2) but that's it. ( asside from the non sob model whic I personally believe is revilutionary)

Then we will never see a revolutionary game.....ever.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

There have been many in the history of gaming, wow being one ofc.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

There we go a half decent list of games that are candidates for being revolutionary.  You may disagree with some of them, but if you look at the reasoning you can see the difference, they revolutionised gaming, and not nessassarily because they were great games.

As ive said,  I personally  its very possible GW2 could eventually be recognised as a game that revolutionises mmorg gaming by bringing F2P from the start as the default model, time will tell.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Time will tell, and I'm rather excited to see the outcome.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.