Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TB's NW beta video with developers.

KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Just noticed TB posted a "WTF is" video about Neverwinter and there's some devs with him in the game. It seems to be the most informative video so far out there, at least of the ones I've seen. 0-22 is more about game mechanics and stuff, 22+ is where the action starts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0E6Yw-M1YY&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ&index=2

Comments

• ArenthasArenthas Member Posts: 85
    Watched the hour long video with TB, the game looks pretty good from the sounds of it. My only concern is how extremely instanced the game will be, versus true world dungeons and exploration. 
  • paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

It looks like DDO 2013 to me.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Just now noticed that there's actually mmorpg.com video up too, might want to watch that instead (or also): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_ERazhGrMI&feature=player_embedded#!
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Arenthas
    Watched the hour long video with TB, the game looks pretty good from the sounds of it. My only concern is how extremely instanced the game will be, versus true world dungeons and exploration. 

Not that sort of game.  D&D has always at its most basic core is about running dungeons and collecting loot.

While 50% of the world is persistent that isn't its strong suit, for those who are looking for near unlimited amounts of 5 man dungeon running with a smart queuing system and dungeon finder tool (something most MMO's miss out on..gotta love that standing around in town spamming chat for hours on end for groups or using third party websites to find groups)  but I digress, this game is niche in its market audience, thankfully I fall within that category.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Any game where my character runs towards me when I hit the walk backwards button is a show stopper, this game uses a console movement mechanic that has no place in a PC game.    Its clunk and awkward.  Copying the sloppy movement mechancis of Korean MMO's and consoles is a bad trend.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I want to get behind this. I have loved D&D since a kid reading forgotten realms books, also I've been a world ranking raider.

I'm very concerned about NW though. I get the foundry and can dig a good pve game built around it. A straight PvE game needs to have   a hardcore meta game inside to keep my attention though.  I'm just not seeing it  right now. :( Idk...

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    That was actually a really good video. Nothing against Bill Murphy, but it was way more to the point than his was haha. (don't ban me!)

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364

yeah looks like DDO

sooo many pets was neccesary? seriusly ? 5 players + 5 pets = nightmare in dungeons

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

It's a nice video - worth watching.

It intrigued me more on the game but "next big thing" or "game i'll be spending the next year on" NWO is most definitely not.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Skuall

yeah looks like DDO

sooo many pets was neccesary? seriusly ? 5 players + 5 pets = nightmare in dungeons

It didn't look so bad, seemed fine actually. Remember, you aren't worrying about tab targetting.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Thanks for the link Kuinn!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• UndeadlyUndeadly Member Posts: 52

Well, It seems like it might be good.  I like the visuals.  Obvously it is free to play so that means I will definitely try it.

Possibly pay to win but who knows.  Thanks OP.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    watched the video, looks like it will be a few weeks of fun, but in this day and age thats a-okay!

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.