Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW drops 400k to 9.6 million

Comments

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by birken
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

A portion of the in-game realm selection list

©2004-2009 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. The Burning Crusade is a trademark, and World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries

This is when it was more pop hmmm..

There isn't a soul on this internet that will believe that that picture is from peak time.

Useless post is useless. Borderline trolling even.

I could careless if this game sink or swims it a ok game. Just posting what i found dont be mad. If there are so many people playing 9.6 mil would it matter peak time or not to have so many low server?

People do sleep and work/go to school at around the same time, so yes it does matter

• birkenbirken Member Posts: 122
    Yea i forgot that in the agreement for blizzard everyone had to set there clocks to a certain time and go to bed at a certain  time. Like i said i dont care like everyone says no screen shot didnt happen well hmm, I am just saying some one is lieing.
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

A portion of the in-game realm selection list

©2004-2009 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. The Burning Crusade is a trademark, and World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries

This is when it was more pop hmmm..

There isn't a soul on this internet that will believe that that picture is from peak time.

Useless post is useless. Borderline trolling even.

I could careless if this game sink or swims it a ok game. Just posting what i found dont be mad. If there are so many people playing 9.6 mil would it matter peak time or not to have so many low server?

Ok...im going to pretend you willfully ignored the fact that you are showing 18 of the 246 North American servers (your screenshot shows the tab you are on btw), and that the 9.6 million number is global, and not just NA.

And I am also going to pretend anyone quoting the 3mil MoP first week sales actually believes the game has not sold a single copy since its first week...

I love these forums :-)

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I think you are missing the point.  You WoW fan can go up in arms all you want someone is lieing.  I like the game but i can do math also.
    Yea i forgot that in the agreement for blizzard everyone had to set there clocks to a certain time and go to bed at a certain  time. Like i said i dont care like everyone says no screen shot didnt happen well hmm, I am just saying some one is lieing.

No but wow's servers are grouped by time zone, people who live in the same time zone tend to have similar sleep/work patterns. Thats how peak and off peak times work, peak times are the times when most people arent at work/school or asleep.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I think you are missing the point.  You WoW fan can go up in arms all you want someone is lieing.  I like the game but i can do math also.

Then you can math your way into understanding that no subscriber plays 24/7. Even if every player played like a full time job, 8 hours a day, that would leave 16 hours off-line. Plus some people only play for short times, others only on weekeds, or on a Tuesday...or whatever. So if you are looking at the server status expecting to see 9.6 million people on at the same time, you are going to be dissapointed

Ohhh The guy above me put link of the status there are more medium and low than high.  With each sever hold  around 10k give or take. Even if u say more than half arnt playing at that time still dos not add up. Why is it that big of a deal. game still doing great. I am just saying some one is lieing.  I am saying over half at the status it at now with high and lows. I understand not everyone will be on at same time.
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Ohhh The guy above me put link of the status there are more medium and low than high.  With each sever hold  around 10k give or take. Even if u say more than half arnt playing at that time still dos not add up. Why is it that big of a deal. game still doing great. I am just saying some one is lieing.

You do realize that over half the subs are in China and are not on U.S. server's?Also the 4-4.5 mill sub's in NA/EU are split also so there's maybe 2mill or so sub's in NA and another 2mill or so in EU.Each has close to 250 server's NA/EU.These are guesses from what I've read,but I think they're in the ballpark.China has more than 50% of the sub's and they don't show on the server's you're looking at.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by Slappy1
    Ohhh The guy above me put link of the status there are more medium and low than high.  With each sever hold  around 10k give or take. Even if u say more than half arnt playing at that time still dos not add up. Why is it that big of a deal. game still doing great. I am just saying some one is lieing.

You do realize that over half the subs are in China and are not on U.S. server's?Also the 4-4.5 mill sub's in NA/EU are split also so there's maybe 2mill or so sub's in NA and another 2mill or so in EU.Each has close to 250 server's NA/EU.These are guesses from what I've read,but I think they're in the ballpark.China has more than 50% of the sub's and they don't show on the server's you're looking at.

Right, and let's not forget how many of THOSE are actually gold farmers, trial accounts etc.  Those are just adding to the numbers that are counted towards the subs, what's the real number though?  How many are actually playing the game to play the game?  Either though, still a really hight count of subs no mater which way you look at it.

Ohhh The guy above me put link of the status there are more medium and low than high.  With each sever hold  around 10k give or take. Even if u say more than half arnt playing at that time still dos not add up. Why is it that big of a deal. game still doing great. I am just saying some one is lieing.  I am saying over half at the status it at now with high and lows. I understand not everyone will be on at same time.

Your math is flawed, that server list is just the america's (north and south), there are 245 servers on that list, last time i checked there was a further 263 servers in the eu, if your 10k per server is correct thats over 5 million

Yea thats saying all server are full.... which they are not and will never be so no it is not.
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Yea thats saying all server are full.... which they are not and will never be so no it is not.

Only about 1/8-1/10 people are logged in at the same time once a game has been out a few month's.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

Originally posted by birken Yea thats saying all server are full.... which they are not and will never be so no it is not.

I understand that but theres no reason why everyone would be on at the same time. Some people only play a an hour or 2 a week, some people may play 6 hours in one day, some might do that every day

There will never be a time when everyone is online at the same time, closest will be the day of an expansions release, but even then it wont be all of them. Also its not even peak time yet on the west coast.

9.6 million subs, if the ratio is around the same as its always been around 40% of those will be in the west, which is 3.8 million, first week, MoP sold 2.7 million in the west,  so 3.84 million seems about right give or take 10 thousand or so

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Maybe if inactive accounts stopped getting mysteriously "hacked" after a year. People may think of returning at least for a little bit.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    I expect to see continued and bigger losses in the quarters to follow. It will be especially interesting when all the 2013 MMOs start to hit and there is no expansion in sight until late 2014. 
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by AZHokie54
    It's more than 400k, on their last call they said they had "more than 10 million subcribers."

Percentages are your friends.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Originally posted by Yamota
    It's about time. I mean how long has the game been out now, 8 years? Time for it too slowly die and hopefully all ThemeParks with it.

Maybe it would have died sooner if you stopped buying these games!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    The drop in subs is from the 1 year contract Blizz put out for the D3/WoW package.  This is the time those subs are ending.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

I always like how they always say "most of the losses were in the east".

No shit sherlock, most of your players are in the east to start with so if they lose similar %s the eastern losses will always be higher.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by Dwarfman420

I like Godzilla, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Tekken, Streetfighter etc etc.. oh & I love asian food.

Just keep  the pandas n Asian dynasty fantasy out of my "High Fantasy" aka tolkien, wheel of time, etc etc

Do you pour lime juice on steak? no! you put ketchup or A-1 on that shiz.

Ketchup? What the hell is the matter with you??? image

Yeah, I prefer my steak without anything on it; vanilla state if you will...unless they have mushroom cream or black pepper, then we can talk :D.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    The drop number is larger then most other games total subscriptions. And it's just a "scratch".
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by deakon
    I thought GW2 had already killed wow?

lol.. not in a million years

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by Dwarfman420

Do you pour lime juice on steak? no! you put ketchup or A-1 on that shiz.

What. The. Fuck?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I don't know how they do it, but somehow WOW keeps drawing in the players. Over the years I have known at least 50 people who played WOW, and today to the best of my knowledge not one of them still does. Yet somehow Blizzard keeps finding players to replace them, have to applaud their efforts.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon