Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a gamepad plugged in ...

rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

hey ^^

when i load Tera, my cursor reacts on my gamepad and turns left all time.

i need to unplug that thing to play Tera.

when its plugged in, i cannot change the settings due to the mouse constantly moves left ...

when its not plugged in, i dont find the controller menu, the button is not there, just a black hole.

do i really need to unplug my gamepadd everytime i wanna play Tera ??

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    To pull up the controller icon ingame type /controller in the chat box.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Ok thanks, i did that.

Sadly i could only make changes when the controller is plugged off because the mouse still rolls constantly left.

Then, there is no option, to "ignore" the controller or something to switch it off.

Im stuck there, need to unplug my controller or the mouse rolls left.

Thats crazy because its only Tera where that happend ..

/shrug

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    thats weird... i play with gamepad only and ive never had problems when using keyboard while gamepad is plugged. That might be some incompatibility or driver issue.... maybe. If you dont use gamepad just unplugg it... still weird tho

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I had this issue with darksiders. Turned out my g13 made the logitech controller just spin. I'm not sure if a driver update would fix it. For that game I had to just unplug the g13.

So it may be something else you have plugged in that's causing the controller to not work right.

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543
    silly question, but is something pushed up against your controller causing it to spin. Happened to me with some game was pissed until i picked up controller and set it back down without the stick being activeated

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    now that i remember that happened to when trying to play Elder Scrolls Oblivion whith te gamepad plugged in the USB... had to unplugg it to play properly, then unplugged something else and was able to use the gamepad.... thats the USB playing tricks on people.... D:

Thanks for the answers and inspiration :)

While digging deeper, i saw my gamepad seems partly broken.

I noticed a nasty flickering on the stick in question while calibrating that thing under windows.

Its the HID standard drivers, i tried to replace the USB ports as suggested above but it had not fixed anything.

So i think, my controller (felt ~200 years old Thrustmaster) is on its way to Nirvana.

Im gonna replace that thing soon™.

Thanks again for dipping me onto that ^^

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

If you have a joystick plugged in too then unplug it.

Char turning left is a common problem with joysticks being plugged in with a throttle control.

just to add a solution for this

TERAClientS1GameConfigS1Engine.ini

there is

AllowJoystick = 1;

set 0 and the joystickpadcontrollwhatevah is ignored by the game :)

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102

Glad u got a solution.

But in my experience GP only works for high level dps. if u try to play suport or even tank its just doesnt work.

Dont get me wrong its fun if u got big screen and lvl about 40 but ..... more and more, u`ll  c -  the keyboard is the way to go.